The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

From the top down? Or from the bottom up?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

From the top down? Or from the bottom up? Empty
PostSubject: From the top down? Or from the bottom up?   From the top down? Or from the bottom up? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 6:44 pm

Ever think about how the watch industry works? Or has worked over the years guys?  Smile

Was thinking how we see a lot of ideas spread throughout the watch industry once they really get
going. Whether it's a type of movement, breakthroughs in design, finishing, and quality. Even being
able to customize how you want a watch to look before you buy it. On top of that, there are so many
amazing straps, and bracelets nowadays. Not to mention tools, winders, and different accessories.

The question is where do you think more ideas have come from in the industry over the years?

Have more ideas come from the top? (bigger watch brands, companies and manufacturers)

Or from the bottom up? (smaller independent watch companies, strap makers etc.)

Or has it been pretty much equal do you think?

sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: From the top down? Or from the bottom up?   From the top down? Or from the bottom up? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 12:00 am

I think the bigger watch companies have most of the high priced talent, they have most of the ideas. to be honest most of the Microbrands use elements of some of the big boys in their designs. Every once in a while you see a totally original design. That is so cool!!

I think most original ideas come from the top down...I think every microbrand owner says, at one point, hey I love this but I can do better. I think right now we have the best of both worlds...some very talented microbrand owners and some seriously new stuff from the major players. We also have the 'retro' fad which is producing some really cool old school designs....if you are into retro like I am.

It's a good time to be a watch fan (well if you are rich Razz ).

From the top down? Or from the bottom up? Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: From the top down? Or from the bottom up?   From the top down? Or from the bottom up? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 12:32 am

Couldn't agree more with everything you said here Gary. Smile It's kind of like a trickle down thing basically I guess, where a lot of the smaller
brands, and micro brands benefit from ideas the big guys come up with. Once in a while it even seems to push the microbrands to come up
with extra cool stuff as well. You're right ! Really IS a great time to be a watch fan when you think about it ! Every year seems to get better,
and better. Think it could be called the Golden Age of watches actually ! cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From the top down? Or from the bottom up?   From the top down? Or from the bottom up? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

From the top down? Or from the bottom up?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: