HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

WRUW Sunday 2/14/2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sixtysix
Consigliere

PostSubject: WRUW Sunday 2/14/2016   Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:49 am

Bulova L6 caseback (1956), 14K white gold filled, diamond dial. 

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: WRUW Sunday 2/14/2016   Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:58 pm

Gary, that one is fantastic there ! Everything is so refined, as well as flawless with it from the
beautiful case, to the hands really.  It even has that ultra cool way they used to do markers
years ago at the 12, 3, 6, and 9 !!! Cool ..Almost is like a more elegant forefather to a lot of the
great vintage diver's of years back, and even Oris's new Diver's Sixty-Five !

Zodiac ZMX for the beginning of the week here...

PostSubject: Re: WRUW Sunday 2/14/2016   Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:47 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
Gary, that one is fantastic there ! Everything is so refined, as well as flawless with it from the
beautiful case, to the hands really.  It even has that ultra cool way they used to do markers
years ago at the 12, 3, 6, and 9 !!! Cool ..Almost is like a more elegant forefather to a lot of the

Thanks Tom! It is really kind of cool...I skipped wearing it for a couple of years on the 'New Year Old Watches' tour, but may have worn it last year...I can't remember. Each of those markers has a cut 'Diamond' in it.....anyway nice Zodiac! They are one of those brands that I love the modern, and the vintage! Each are very different but they both have a certain style I really like. The ZMX will be a classic some day!

Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: WRUW Sunday 2/14/2016   Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:26 pm

sixtysix wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:

Thanks Tom! It is really kind of cool...I skipped wearing it for a couple of years on the 'New Year Old Watches' tour, but may have worn it last year...I can't remember. Each of those markers has a cut 'Diamond' in it.....anyway nice Zodiac! They are one of those brands that I love the modern, and the vintage! Each are very different but they both have a certain style I really like. The ZMX will be a classic some day!

Don't mention it Gary. Smile ..Yup really is a neat Bulova Gary, and it seems like one of those watches that you end up appreciating
more, and more every time you see it. Just has such a stand out design. I mean even the strap/bracelet is outstanding !!!

Thanks so much for the cool compliments on the ZMX also by the way. You are so right about Zodiac with the modern,
but also vintage watches. Their older watches have this unique feel much like your Bulova there. Where they stood out from
the crowd, and many of their new designs still kind of do that. ..Plus it's neat they have been paying tribute to their past watches
with the new vintage style models. ...Thanks once again for the kind words sir.

PostSubject: Re: WRUW Sunday 2/14/2016   Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:18 pm

Just an update, one of the guys over in the Bulova forum at WUS provided me with this original ad from 1955:

Seems I have the ref. 30179, black dial, Launcelot "C" version, list price $100 (in 1955).....holy moly that would be almost $900 in today's money!!!!

Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: WRUW Sunday 2/14/2016   Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:01 pm

sixtysix wrote:
Just an update, one of the guys over in the Bulova forum at WUS provided me with this original ad from 1955:

Seems I have the ref. 30179, black dial, Launcelot "C" version, list price $100 (in 1955).....holy moly that would be almost $900 in today's money!!!!

Now that's neat Gary !!! Very Happy

It's not every day you get to see your watch in an advertisement, or commercial, and then to see such a classic one like this too?!
It really is something Gary, and it has to make you appreciate, and enjoy the watch that much more now !

Amazing learning about the version you have also, and the price it is now also. Yowza !

Thanks a lot for posting this up for us like this ! bounce

PostSubject: Re: WRUW Sunday 2/14/2016   

Back to top Go down

WRUW Sunday 2/14/2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1