The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

VM Dive Watches

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

VM Dive Watches Empty
PostSubject: VM Dive Watches   VM Dive Watches Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:12 pm

Found this watch company Vigoria Miletto, and thought it might be of interest to dive watch fans !
The prices seem high, but the designs seem good ! Smile

http://www.vmdivewatch.com/
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

VM Dive Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: VM Dive Watches   VM Dive Watches Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:33 pm

I've seen them before they are another company using the same Longio cases that Schaumburg, Deep Blue, Montrek Benarus, L & B, and others use.

Last edited by merichar on Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added two more.)
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

VM Dive Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: VM Dive Watches   VM Dive Watches Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:38 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
Found this watch company Vigoria Miletto, and thought it might be of interest to dive watch fans !
The prices seem high, but the designs seem good ! Smile

http://www.vmdivewatch.com/
I like the look, but the prices are totally crazy for what you get....a 1000m quartz for $850 and an ETA 2824 for $1400...you can get a Sinn U1 for about the same price. I would have to see it in person...that is just me though, maybe it is an awesome, underrated brand.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

VM Dive Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: VM Dive Watches   VM Dive Watches Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:40 pm

Here is a U1 for sale for a lot less that the ETA...
http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=310693
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

VM Dive Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: VM Dive Watches   VM Dive Watches Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:11 pm

foghorn wrote:
A google search proved interesting and revealing!! Shocked
Please reveal this interesting information.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

VM Dive Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: VM Dive Watches   VM Dive Watches Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:37 pm

From Ocanic Time...

By TLex: VM or 'Vigoria Miletto' Dive Watches are a new brand form Switzerland, allegedly! In fact they are owned by Longio Watch Co Ltd. of Hong Kong and showcase Longio Dive Watches (Longio for those that don't know specialize in dive watches and Chinese made tourbillons).

Is this a bad thing, though? Not, really, you still get 'Swiss Made' on dial with a Swiss movement which means they have met the requirements, and they do look to be very well made divers. So VM Dive Watches would appear to be re-badged and rebranded Longio watches.

VM have a substantial range but one diver in particular really sets them apart form other companies, who also use the original Lindburgh & Benson type case design.

Longio have been using and reproducing the L&B design for other companies. VM Dive Watches have not limited themselves to the L&B style cases only, but also have a whole range of other uniquely stylized cases on offer, all of which will be familiar to those of you who know Longio watches.

First shown in September at the 1st Tokyo International Watch Fair 2008 and then again at the China Dive Exhibition 2008 in Shanghai. The 'VM Diver' (pictured below) with its unusual square PVD case design (pretty much a first for a dive watch these days, if you discount the original SG3761-1 Longio piece) is a very cool looking watch, the kind that you will either love or hate. I knid of like it.

It has an industrial, rugged and robust aesthetic, great attributes for a tool diver. There is certainly something very eye catching and appealing about this piece no matter where its roots may have sprung from. I would highly recommend checking out the VM Dive Watches website to see what's new, they are constantly updating it with new models. Vigoria Miletto
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

VM Dive Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: VM Dive Watches   VM Dive Watches Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 6:34 pm

Wow !! Great stuff guys !!!! Shocked I thought the VM watches were pretty good looking, but I didn't know
about the whole case similarity thing with Longio and L&B Schaumburg. Many times I see different watches with similar cases and often just think it's some type of homage ! Very very interesting ! I agree with you guys the prices are way up there too, perhaps if they were half the price they would be more attractive to us all ! We'll have to wait and see I guess ! Thanks for your feedback everyone ! Smile
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

VM Dive Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: VM Dive Watches   VM Dive Watches Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 7:11 pm

cali kid wrote:
L&B Schaumburg casea are made in Germany!! Longio has copied some of their case designs and there have been a few lawsuits over it!!

Trevor-I may have been wrong to lump in L&B/Nauticfish. L&B states that they receive the cases in parts, (from where?) and they are assembled in Germany. They don't claim the cases are made in Germany. I just read their direct statement in an old WUS thread.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

VM Dive Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: VM Dive Watches   VM Dive Watches Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 7:47 pm

Part of the reason is the VX200 is old stock. It was made several years ago, when the movement costs were lower. So the price for the VX200 is lower than it really should be and the upstart has an Italian name. You've got to pay for all that Italian style and sophistication. Keep in mind that most people who buy it won't know who made it but they'll assume it was some fancy Italian guy in tassled loafers.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

VM Dive Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: VM Dive Watches   VM Dive Watches Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 8:05 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
I don't care if the guy is on TV, wearing Italian loafers, driving an expensive sports car and smokin CORONA GORDAS!!!! Evil or Very Mad I ain't freakin buyin it!!! albino OK so the VX200 is old stock. I still see Hammys with swiss auto movements for much less than that!!! RIDDLE ME THAT BATMAN!

You are correct Duff, there are some really nice deals available, but I don't think this is one of them. What if I told you the VM had a flame fusion crystal and was HT approved? Oops-did I really say that?
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

VM Dive Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: VM Dive Watches   VM Dive Watches Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 8:29 pm

labman wrote:
Total net weight: 895.00g

affraid

That total weight better include the case, other wise that watch weighs close to 2 pounds! scratch

Anybody else notice how closely the symbol resembles TechnoMarines?

albino

the logo is very close to TM
good eyes by you.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

VM Dive Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: VM Dive Watches   VM Dive Watches Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:31 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
merichar wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:
I don't care if the guy is on TV, wearing Italian loafers, driving an expensive sports car and smokin CORONA GORDAS!!!! Evil or Very Mad I ain't freakin buyin it!!! albino OK so the VX200 is old stock. I still see Hammys with swiss auto movements for much less than that!!! RIDDLE ME THAT BATMAN!

You are correct Duff, there are some really nice deals available, but I don't think this is one of them. What if I told you the VM had a flame fusion crystal and was HT approved? Oops-did I really say that?

OH NOW YOU PUT ME ON THE FENCE FOR THIS ONE!!!! albino

lol! It is an odd thing with the VM pricing ! You would think that since there is no middle man as they say,
that the pricing would be lower with these micro brands ! Maybe it's the exclusivity factor for these various brands that allows them to charge the prices they charge. It's confusing because if the prices were lower, more people would most likely buy the watches. However, I guess many of the micro brands are still doing well, selling their watches at higher prices.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

VM Dive Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: VM Dive Watches   VM Dive Watches Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:17 pm

I agree 100% with ya ! They are overpriced big time ! I'd get one for $300-$500 maybe ! Smile VM was just a company I saw recently, and thought maybe you guys had or hadn't seen them before. There are many more original designs out there as well and reputable watch companies to consider. Now NFW on the other hand has the right price, right designs and right people ! Good stuff Duff ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

VM Dive Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: VM Dive Watches   VM Dive Watches Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:35 pm

I own three Benarus watches, 2 Sea Devils and 1 Moray. I bought them at preorder for $350 each. The ones which did'nt sell out early went for $500 or $550 in PVD. The ones I have are worth the money in my book. Their Megalodon was offered at $600 or so originally and it went up to $800-I did'nt buy that one. As I said in a previous thread, Ralf has stated that future watches will be their own case designs. I will be interested to see how this affects pricing going forward.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

VM Dive Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: VM Dive Watches   VM Dive Watches Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:40 pm

Now your thinking !!!!! Very Happy We can name the watches after the members here !!!! Duff Divers Watch for instance could be one and you could have a limited number of 1 to whatever !!! I can see it now !!!!
Genious..just genious !!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

VM Dive Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: VM Dive Watches   VM Dive Watches Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:20 pm

So I guess, in the end VM makes some good looking watches. That are very similar in many cases to other watches and watch companies. However, the real problem seems to be price ! In short it's cool finding these smaller companies and enjoying their limited editions..but these particular watches are a bit too expensive compared to other smaller similar brands ! Maybe the prices will eventually come down at some point ! Again, thanks everyone ! Smile
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

VM Dive Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: VM Dive Watches   VM Dive Watches Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:28 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
So I guess, in the end VM makes some good looking watches. That are very similar in many cases to other watches and watch companies. However, the real problem seems to be price ! In short it's cool finding these smaller companies and enjoying their limited editions..but these particular watches are a bit too expensive compared to other smaller similar brands ! Maybe the prices will eventually come down at some point ! Again, thanks everyone ! Smile
Thanks for bringing this to the table! It is always nice to see "different" watch brands here in the ZMT! Best regards, Mark
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

VM Dive Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: VM Dive Watches   VM Dive Watches Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:43 pm

andrema wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
Thanks for bringing this to the table! It is always nice to see "different" watch brands here in the ZMT! Best regards, Mark

No problem Mark ! Glad you guys enjoyed it !
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

VM Dive Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: VM Dive Watches   VM Dive Watches Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:26 pm

Thanks Duff..YOU DA MAN TOO ! Really fun discussion, with awesome opinions ! Mmmm Beans ! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

VM Dive Watches Empty
PostSubject: Re: VM Dive Watches   VM Dive Watches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VM Dive Watches
Page 1 of 1