The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seiko’s newest Save The Ocean King Turtle and Samurai

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Seiko’s newest Save The Ocean King Turtle and Samurai Empty
PostSubject: Seiko’s newest Save The Ocean King Turtle and Samurai   Seiko’s newest Save The Ocean King Turtle and Samurai Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 1:40 pm

Just seeing the new Save the Ocean King Turtle, along with
King Samurai. How about you guys?

Looks like the details include 45mm (Turtle), 43.8mm (Samurai)
stainless steel cases, 200m WR, sapphire crystals, unidirectional
bezels with ceramic inserts, fine wave pattern gradient blue gray
dials with neat manta, and blue silicon straps. With the 4R36 being
inside the Turtle, and 4R35 in the Samurai.

Just a few pics...

Seiko’s newest Save The Ocean King Turtle and Samurai Seiko-prospex-divers-King-Turtle-save-the-ocean-SRPF77K1

Seiko’s newest Save The Ocean King Turtle and Samurai SRPF77

Seiko’s newest Save The Ocean King Turtle and Samurai Seiko-prospex-divers-King-samurai-save-the-ocean-SRPF79K1

Seiko’s newest Save The Ocean King Turtle and Samurai SRPF79

Monochrome, and Seiko with this, and more...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Seiko’s newest Save The Ocean King Turtle and Samurai   Seiko’s newest Save The Ocean King Turtle and Samurai Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 6:04 am

Not much different then the SRPE39 I just got on Black Friday Sale, Different color and band. But a bit cheaper MSRP and maybe nicer looking. I like the more matt finish on this one better. It makes the Mantas easier to see I think. My Mantas are in stealth mode unless you get the watch turned just right. So nothing bad to say. If people are buying them and some part of it goes to help the ocean, then there is no downside, I hope they sell a million of these (but only a couple hundred of the one I bought so it stays more collectable Rolling Eyes )

I gave $400 for mine Sapphire w3/AR, 200m WR, 24 Jewel 4R36 w/hack and MSRP was $625, so these at $595 maybe on sale for $350 or so. Kind of an entry level movement but for the price I think it's OK.

I just think that too many special editions....well, make them not so special anymore, and harder for collectors to get what they want. At least they are affordable!

My SRPE39:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Seiko’s newest Save The Ocean King Turtle and Samurai Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Seiko’s newest Save The Ocean King Turtle and Samurai   Seiko’s newest Save The Ocean King Turtle and Samurai Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 2:58 pm

You make so many terrific points here Gary, and every one of them I agree with. Very Happy
Yeah, the limited, and special edition thing seems to have gotten way out of control
that’s for sure. It seems like there as many if not more limited editions than just
regular versions right?! lol! I mean if we are just seeing them, and learning the
fact that they are out there that’s great. But to try to add them into collections?!
That is  tough, and near impossible trying to keep up with every new variation of
a given watch.

Truthfully think your version is outstanding, and wouldn’t change a thing about it.
But it looks like Seiko did. lol! Nevertheless, your model couldn’t be any
cooler, and I don’t think this new version is cooler than yours’ either sir. Just a
touch different, but definitely not better. Am thinking they will sell a ton of them
due to the combined cool looks, and cause. Smile

You know what would be neat Gary, and I am going to kind of contradict myself
here. Is if we saw different versions with different dial colors. But I would like
to see even lower prices. Seiko’s newest Save The Ocean King Turtle and Samurai 803574 In short, more variety, and less of the L.E. theme.

Great stuff says always sir. Thanks so so much for sharing your thoughts, along
with pics !!! cyclops

PostSubject: Re: Seiko’s newest Save The Ocean King Turtle and Samurai   Seiko’s newest Save The Ocean King Turtle and Samurai Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seiko’s newest Save The Ocean King Turtle and Samurai
Page 1 of 1