The Home Forum of Atomic Tom!

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others   Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:44 am

If you can find the unlock button most work the same way, also a plastic tooth pick will work better to stop bits of the wooden on falling off and into the watch

Set the caseback tool and turn counter-clock-wise to take off the caseback

If you have a diver unscrew the crown but do not pull out the crown...

Look to the right of the crown stem area you will see a thin tab with a small indent circle,
Use a tooth pick to press down on the tab and at the same time pull out the crown ....

Then using the tooth pick carefuly slip it under one of the movement plates and pry upward like a lever against the case .... work from different areas if the dial is getting stuck, you can always press down on the rotor and try again if it becomes stuck ....

Now your ready to remove the hands and dial .....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others   Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:51 am

Noah, these are great! Where were you a couple months ago, guys i figured it out the hard way. I know some of you want to start tinkering around with some seiko's, make sure you save all the pages that noah has given us and you shouldnt have any problems! Thanks again Noah! cheers bounce bounce cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Hope it helps folks ....   Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:56 am

Hope it helps folks ....
we all don't need to wear the same store bought watches and we all don't have to create our own watch companies to wear them ...
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others   Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:54 pm

noahfuller wrote:
Are you sure about that?!

affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others   Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:40 pm

Thank you sooooo much Noah. This is awesome information. I've been wanting to try some mods for a while but didn't even know where to start. I'm going shopping on your site. Thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others   Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:56 pm

PoliMalaka wrote:
noahfuller wrote:
Are you sure about that?!

affraid

ain't that the truth!!!!! scratch

Thanks for the step by step Noah. I will need that. If any of you watch maniacs haven't been to Noahs website you ought to check it out. Killer mods for sale. I believe those tools he has may be a step up from shopnbc.

Last edited by Dale on Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wanted to mention tools)
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others   Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:21 pm

Although removing a movement seems very very difficult..your detailed directions and steps make it
actually seem possible to do ! This is tremendously helpful to those who may or may not want to try this.
Excellent stuff..great info ! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others   Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:09 pm

Thanks Noah, this stuff is invaluable!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others   Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:02 pm

Noah, I'm thinking about DESTROYING my 20 year old Caravelle. It's a quartz. Do you remove the movement the same as far as removing the stem?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others   Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:22 pm

Dude.....thanks for the great pics and descriptions. You make it look easy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others   Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Very nice work, much appreciated. I'm going to have to get up the nerve to try some of these DIY's one of these days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: bodypeersur1 Quartz   Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:32 pm

Hello
Quartz is the same in the newer and some of the old a small hole through the plastic is used
some times you need to pull the srem out and then push into the hole or push in to the hole and then push in the hole

some movements say push here > on the movement
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Dale ...   Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:33 pm

Ok I better get working on a DIY how to take hands off .....

and Yes a How to put them back on ....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others   Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:17 am

great post..

noahfuller wrote:
Ok I better get working on a DIY how to take hands off .....

and Yes a How to put them back on ....

this one I have to see!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others   Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:44 am

Well, my 'case' (pun!) is slightly different:
I own a Seiko 7T36 (Age of Discovery) and need to get to the watch face as one of the eight (!) hands fell off.
Now this is desperate as I am no orologist, just a brave engineer.
Poor eyesight (-10dpt) is an advantage here, I have microscopic view, just no clue!

Before I have to give up on this marvel of engineering and auction the beauty off on the bay:
how to remove THIS movement from its gold case? The 7T36 has TWO stems and THREE push buttons...
I can open the back and do have the service manual which surprisingly does not mention the needed steps to get the movement out.
Thanks for any hint, eg. if to pull the crowns into specific positions, what levers to push, what to do with the button controls etc.
Now WHY the hour hand in the subdial fell off is an entirely different story...
Maybe the unique 7T36 is "too much watch" in one case?

m
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others   Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:10 pm

minimalist wrote:
Well, my 'case' (pun!) is slightly different:
I own a Seiko 7T36 (Age of Discovery) and need to get to the watch face as one of the eight (!) hands fell off.
Now this is desperate as I am no orologist, just a brave engineer.
Poor eyesight (-10dpt) is an advantage here, I have microscopic view, just no clue!

Before I have to give up on this marvel of engineering and auction the beauty off on the bay:
how to remove THIS movement from its gold case? The 7T36 has TWO stems and THREE push buttons...
I can open the back and do have the service manual which surprisingly does not mention the needed steps to get the movement out.
Thanks for any hint, eg. if to pull the crowns into specific positions, what levers to push, what to do with the button controls etc.
Now WHY the hour hand in the subdial fell off is an entirely different story...
Maybe the unique 7T36 is "too much watch" in one case?

m

Rather than risk damaging the movement, I would suggest posing your question here: http://www.thewatchsite.com/

They are the Seiko experts and will provide you the information that you need.

PostSubject: Re: DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others   Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:37 am

Thanks for the hint - I will try my luck over there!
m
Back to top Go down

DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum ::  ::  ::  :: -