The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others   DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 1:54 pm

noahfuller wrote:
Now your ready to remove the hands and dial .....
Are you sure about that?!

affraid
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others   DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 3:21 pm

Although removing a movement seems very very difficult..your detailed directions and steps make it
actually seem possible to do ! This is tremendously helpful to those who may or may not want to try this.
Excellent stuff..great info ! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others   DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 7:44 am

Well, my 'case' (pun!) is slightly different:
I own a Seiko 7T36 (Age of Discovery) and need to get to the watch face as one of the eight (!) hands fell off.
Now this is desperate as I am no orologist, just a brave engineer.
Poor eyesight (-10dpt) is an advantage here, I have microscopic view, just no clue!

Before I have to give up on this marvel of engineering and auction the beauty off on the bay:
how to remove THIS movement from its gold case? The 7T36 has TWO stems and THREE push buttons...
I can open the back and do have the service manual which surprisingly does not mention the needed steps to get the movement out.
Thanks for any hint, eg. if to pull the crowns into specific positions, what levers to push, what to do with the button controls etc.
Now WHY the hour hand in the subdial fell off is an entirely different story...
Maybe the unique 7T36 is "too much watch" in one case?

m
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others   DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 12:10 pm

minimalist wrote:
Well, my 'case' (pun!) is slightly different:
I own a Seiko 7T36 (Age of Discovery) and need to get to the watch face as one of the eight (!) hands fell off.
Now this is desperate as I am no orologist, just a brave engineer.
Poor eyesight (-10dpt) is an advantage here, I have microscopic view, just no clue!

Before I have to give up on this marvel of engineering and auction the beauty off on the bay:
how to remove THIS movement from its gold case? The 7T36 has TWO stems and THREE push buttons...
I can open the back and do have the service manual which surprisingly does not mention the needed steps to get the movement out.
Thanks for any hint, eg. if to pull the crowns into specific positions, what levers to push, what to do with the button controls etc.
Now WHY the hour hand in the subdial fell off is an entirely different story...
Maybe the unique 7T36 is "too much watch" in one case?

m

Rather than risk damaging the movement, I would suggest posing your question here: http://www.thewatchsite.com/

They are the Seiko experts and will provide you the information that you need.

PostSubject: Re: DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others   DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 5:37 am

Thanks for the hint - I will try my luck over there!
m
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others   DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DIY: How to remove a Seiko 7s26 movement and most others
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Watch Brands :: Asian Brands :: Seiko, Citizen and Orient-
Jump to: