The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which is more attractive? Mecha-Quartz or Solar Powered?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Which is more attractive? Mecha-Quartz or Solar Powered? Empty
PostSubject: Which is more attractive? Mecha-Quartz or Solar Powered?   Which is more attractive? Mecha-Quartz or Solar Powered? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2021 4:22 pm

A lot of us really enjoy mechanical, and automatic watches.
And regular quartz watches are always great because of their
accuracy. But between mecha-quartz, and solar powered
quartz watches, which is more attractive to you?

Do you feel one technology is better than the other? Could
one be more reliable perhaps? What do you have to say? Smile

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Which is more attractive? Mecha-Quartz or Solar Powered?   Which is more attractive? Mecha-Quartz or Solar Powered? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2021 11:04 pm

I actually like solar powered but have so many I don't have a sunny place to put any more. I am done with them. Mecha-quartz has a battery so I am not so much in love with them either. Citizen had some solar quartz with mechanical chronograph....Cal 2100. These were awesome! Best of both worlds.

Which is more attractive? Mecha-Quartz or Solar Powered? Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Which is more attractive? Mecha-Quartz or Solar Powered?   Which is more attractive? Mecha-Quartz or Solar Powered? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2021 1:43 pm

Very Happy Which is more attractive? Mecha-Quartz or Solar Powered? 803574 Very cool Gary ! Which is more attractive? Mecha-Quartz or Solar Powered? 46145

Was just thinking about it a little more as of late sir, because we have been seeing more, and more
mecha-quartz watches recently. And was kind of actually thinking how they are similar to solar quartz
movements. In that they are both not automatics, but both act like them in that they can charge
themselves up using two different methods. Smile Smile

Love hearing what you have to say on the matter ! Which is more attractive? Mecha-Quartz or Solar Powered? 46145 Which is more attractive? Mecha-Quartz or Solar Powered? 803574 Which is more attractive? Mecha-Quartz or Solar Powered? 803574

I know the kinetic, which are close to mecha-quartz are cool as long as you keep their capacitors
charged. But it's difficult right?! Unless you are either wearing the watch often, or using a winder,
or charger. Then the solar are great as you said, but do need light to stay charged. ..I guess it's
a matter of taste, and pretty much a toss up. But it's sure a lot of fun to talk about. Smile

Thanks a bunch G !!!

PostSubject: Re: Which is more attractive? Mecha-Quartz or Solar Powered?   Which is more attractive? Mecha-Quartz or Solar Powered? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which is more attractive? Mecha-Quartz or Solar Powered?
Page 1 of 1