The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LED Lighting, Lume, Tubes, Zodiac ZMX 03

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

LED Lighting, Lume, Tubes, Zodiac ZMX 03 Empty
PostSubject: LED Lighting, Lume, Tubes, Zodiac ZMX 03   LED Lighting, Lume, Tubes, Zodiac ZMX 03 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 8:19 pm

The Zodiac ZMX 03 has those cool LED lights. I wonder if more companies will use LED lighting.

Classic Lume or Tritium tubes make sense for mechanical watches where there is no battery.

But for quartz watches, I think LED lighting is cool - at least it is the way its done on the ZMX 03. So far the ZMX 03 is the most serious watch I've seen with LED to light the dial. There are a bunch of LED watches available - search ebay for LED watch and you'll find hundreds of styles, but not much of reasonable quality.

For those of you that like quartz watches, do you think you'd be attracted to watches with LED lighting?

Mike.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: LED Lighting, Lume, Tubes, Zodiac ZMX 03   LED Lighting, Lume, Tubes, Zodiac ZMX 03 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 8:24 pm

The only question that I have Mike is does the LED's reduce the watch's battery life? If so, do you know by how much?

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: LED Lighting, Lume, Tubes, Zodiac ZMX 03   LED Lighting, Lume, Tubes, Zodiac ZMX 03 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 8:58 pm

That would be a definite YES SynMike on the LED lighting ! I mean these pictures of the ZMX03
are just terrific..look at Barns picture there ! WOW ! Perhaps over the years we have seen
LED lighting used in other watch companies watches that were not our cup of tea as they say !
However, when done right..like with Zodiac, it is VERY nice and I think can compliment other
types of lume and tubes to really add another element to the watches in general !
Back to top Go down
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

PostSubject: Re: LED Lighting, Lume, Tubes, Zodiac ZMX 03   LED Lighting, Lume, Tubes, Zodiac ZMX 03 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:57 pm

It is a great deal, very tempting. It's a very cool watch. I want it, but...

I've got 3 watches on my planned buy list (ESQ Beacon Dual Time, Movado 800 Red Chrono, and a Planet Ocean Black/Black 42mm - all on SS). If I bought the ZMX it would have to bump something. I shouldn't change plans without careful consideration. Someone help me and buy that ZMX so I have no choice but to go back to plan A.

Mike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LED Lighting, Lume, Tubes, Zodiac ZMX 03   LED Lighting, Lume, Tubes, Zodiac ZMX 03 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LED Lighting, Lume, Tubes, Zodiac ZMX 03
Page 1 of 1