The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tag Heuer Link Quartz Chronograph.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

Tag Heuer Link Quartz Chronograph. Empty
PostSubject: Tag Heuer Link Quartz Chronograph.   Tag Heuer Link Quartz Chronograph. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:20 pm

I picked this one up this afternoon from my wife's company. I sold the blue version of this last week to pay for this black one. Black will be more versatile for me.

This is the only 7 hand watch I own. Add the date and bezel that is 9 parameters. Time with 2 central hands plus subdial. Chrono with 2 central hands plus 2 subdials, up to 12 hours at 1/10 second. Date window at 4. 60 step unidirectional timing bezel.

The dial is smooth with subdials slightly recessed and textured by very fine rings. Tachymeter on inner bezel. The Lume on the hands and bezel pip is very good. Lume on markers is clear and clean but average brightness. Screw down back and crown good for 200M water resistance, something I really appreciate. The bezel action is chunky and solid, but with good grip it is not a chore to turn.

The band is super comfortable, as most people report for the Link series. To be honest the style of this famous band doesn't interest me much. I don't know if T.H. makes a 1/2 link for this but fine adjustment is limited. The clasp is nice and solid.

This will be my main travel watch. When you pull the crown half way, you can adjust just the hour hand in 1 hour jumps without interrupting other time functions; It's perfect for crossing time zones. When you cross midnight the date will roll forward or backward, perfect for crossing the international date line on my many trips to Japan. Quartz will be reliable and accurate for the trains when I arrive in Japan. The good lume will be useful when jet lag wakes me up in the middle of the night.

All around my review is a bit mixed, It is truly a great watch but the appearance doesn't jump out at me. I think the styling is quite nice, although just a little on the boring side. It doesn't really excite me or tickle me like other purchases. But it is certainly high quality and gives me a sense of security and reliability. It is just kind of "down to business"; I'll use it more as a tool than as jewelry. It's a bit expensive for something that doesn't really excite me but it's extremely practical. It will certainly get used a lot.

Tag Heuer Link Quartz Chronograph. IMG_1392
Tag Heuer Link Quartz Chronograph. IMG_1399
Tag Heuer Link Quartz Chronograph. IMG_1398
Tag Heuer Link Quartz Chronograph. IMG_1388
Tag Heuer Link Quartz Chronograph. IMG_1384
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Tag Heuer Link Quartz Chronograph. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag Heuer Link Quartz Chronograph.   Tag Heuer Link Quartz Chronograph. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 11:35 pm

Terrific Tag you have SynMike..the bracelets on them are really
unique and the whole watch looks to be bulletproof ! Smile The brushed
finish takes the watch to a whole new level..congratulations !
Back to top Go down

Tag Heuer Link Quartz Chronograph.
Page 1 of 1