The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wrist Size or Body Type? Settle this......

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Wrist Size or Body Type?  Settle this...... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrist Size or Body Type? Settle this......   Wrist Size or Body Type?  Settle this...... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 11:38 am

I posted a pic of a B&R on the very small wristed guy a few months back, it looked glaringly BIG!

I've got decent sized arms so the biggest I think I would wear these days would be 48 mm. I would rather a watch be a TOUCH too big that too small...

Surprisingly, I am very happy at 44mm plus the crown these days!

Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: Wrist Size or Body Type? Settle this......   Wrist Size or Body Type?  Settle this...... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 1:11 pm

Wrist size, definitely.

As a 245-pound guy with scrawny 7" wrists, even my 44mm Doxa looks oversized on my wrist.

Wrist Size or Body Type?  Settle this...... Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Wrist Size or Body Type? Settle this......   Wrist Size or Body Type?  Settle this...... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 2:27 pm

I think its more wrist size. My wrist is 8 inches but I tend to favor watches in 46mm or less. Taking wrist size and height (6'2") into account, that might even be small compared to some. Case shape can also play into it-some will wear larger or smaller. Someone with a 6-1/2 wrist wearing a huge watch is similar in my eyes to some dwarf driving a jacked up 4 wheel drive. Compensating for something sport?
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Wrist Size or Body Type? Settle this......   Wrist Size or Body Type?  Settle this...... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 3:51 pm

I have 8.5 inch wrists, and a bigger than average body. I bought a 47mm by accident (advertized as 43mm), I looks friggin' huge on me. I like to stay in the 40-43mm range (and this is up from 38-42mm as I get used to watches this size). I can make small watches look bigger in wrist shots or big ones smaller. But when you see these freakishly huge pie pans on somebody's wrist I just laugh, sometimes out loud.....and I point Wrist Size or Body Type?  Settle this...... Affraid .

Wrist Size or Body Type?  Settle this...... Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Wrist Size or Body Type? Settle this......   Wrist Size or Body Type?  Settle this...... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 5:00 pm

heartbreak wrote:
When it comes down to it.............who the hell are all of us? Lol.......as I just said elsewhere, ......i wear what looks good to ME, and what is comfortable for ME......If a 44mm looks and feels good, i wear it......if its a 50mm, and it fits and looks good, i wear it.......period.......if others think im a clown, im a ass, a douche, etc....good for them, i wasnt wearing the watch for anyone else, im wearing it because i like it, .......alot of people for years, think im stupid for wearing cowboy boots.....hasnt stopped me from wearing them either.......I love how everyone thinks they are right or wrong........NO one is right or wrong, it is whatever YOU like....if you wear a 40mm, and that is what you like.......good for you......if you wear a 65mm.......whatever.....its like food, there are a million different ways to prepare chicken.......is one way better than the other? Well, thats subjective to someones personal taste......just like clothes, cars, shoes, houses, etc......We all like different things........Why dont we stop worrying about what is the best size, and just rejoice in the fact that we all do have one thing in common.......WE ALL LOVE WATCHES......no matter what size we wear............

Wow Heartbreak that was GOOD !!! Wrist Size or Body Type?  Settle this...... Icon_smile I have kinda small wrists at 7 inches..and
am not 6ft, but still like all types of watches. I tend to gravitate toward 42mm to
46mm however, my eyes are bigger than my wrists with some of my watches too ! Wrist Size or Body Type?  Settle this...... Icon_cyclops
It's a great topic and I guess it depends on the person what they like in the end !
Thanks AH !

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrist Size or Body Type? Settle this......   Wrist Size or Body Type?  Settle this...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wrist Size or Body Type? Settle this......
Page 1 of 1