The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Super Oyster for the 009

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Super Oyster for the 009 Empty
PostSubject: Super Oyster for the 009   Super Oyster for the 009 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 6:30 pm

As you know I purchased an SKX009 for $107 from ewatches on one of those amazing multi-coupon deals before Christmas Super Oyster for the 009 Icon_santa Have worn it on a Red NATO from David as my daily Holiday wearer but an generally not a NATO kinda guy.
Super Oyster for the 009 DSC06503

So, I ordered a Super Oyster from William Jean and it finally arrived from Canada Super Oyster for the 009 Icon_rolleyes
Super Oyster for the 009 SuperOysterbraceletwith4holeclaspto

Super Oyster for the 009 SuperOysteron009cropped

Like it a lot. Screws for the links. 4 hole Seiko deployant. Thought I'd need an extra link, nearly always do, but it fits my 8in wrist with room to spare on the standard set of links Super Oyster for the 009 Icon_cheers

Sprung for the 4 hole deployant over the standard 2 holer because I wanted more control on the fit that the extra holes provide AND the 4 holer is a bit longer. It was a hard decision to make because of the added cost ($3 US) but I bit the bullet and splurged. Glad I did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Oyster for the 009   Super Oyster for the 009 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 6:33 pm

. . . .very, very nice!!!! The total package . . . .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Oyster for the 009   Super Oyster for the 009 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 6:34 pm

looks great Doc. I was waiting for this thread. I believe the Super Oyster also has solid end links if I'm not mistaken?

That's the setup I would want in a 009. Although, I'm more of a Coke fan than pepsi, Wonder if Noah has any 009 bezels in Coke?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Oyster for the 009   Super Oyster for the 009 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 6:42 pm

WatchNoob wrote:
looks great Doc. I was waiting for this thread. I believe the Super Oyster also has solid end links if I'm not mistaken?

That's the setup I would want in a 009. Although, I'm more of a Coke fan than pepsi, Wonder if Noah has any 009 bezels in Coke?

Yes, they do have a Type II bracelet that has some upgrades over the Type I including solid end links. They are nearly double the price and I decided to go with the Type I. Got it, the 4 hole deployant, extra screw link, extra spring bars, and shipped for $39. The base price for the Type II is $59 and with the extras it would have been $72 or thereabouts. These endlinks seem fine to me. I can always order solid ones from the Swede if I decide to in the future and they run $25 or so from what I recall.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Oyster for the 009   Super Oyster for the 009 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 7:17 pm

Docrwm wrote:
WatchNoob wrote:

Yes, they do have a Type II bracelet that has some upgrades over the Type I including solid end links. They are nearly double the price and I decided to go with the Type I. Got it, the 4 hole deployant, extra screw link, extra spring bars, and shipped for $39. The base price for the Type II is $59 and with the extras it would have been $72 or thereabouts. These endlinks seem fine to me. I can always order solid ones from the Swede if I decide to in the future and they run $25 or so from what I recall.

Good info, thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Oyster for the 009   Super Oyster for the 009 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 7:48 pm

That looks ten times better than that cheezy NATO Doc. Not sure how you will be able to deploy to your black-op's missions with the oyster though. Super Oyster for the 009 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Oyster for the 009   Super Oyster for the 009 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 7:50 pm

Aqua Homer wrote:
That looks ten times better than that cheezy NATO Doc. Not sure how you will be able to deploy to your black-op's missions with the oyster though. Super Oyster for the 009 Icon_razz

Mike,

Thanks. I've found that wearing a NATO for a week is good enough to keep the testosterone surging for a few months! I'm now in the market for all black clothing......
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Super Oyster for the 009   Super Oyster for the 009 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 10:42 pm

Excellent Doc..This bracelet adds yet another layer to your
watches personality. I like how you can just change a bracelet
or strap and give a watch a totally new theme or feel ! Super Oyster for the 009 Icon_biggrin
Great Job !!!..Congrats !

PostSubject: Re: Super Oyster for the 009   Super Oyster for the 009 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 12:21 am

Looks like great quality Doc! Although I really liked the NATO too.
Back to top Go down
ramirez1970
Associate
ramirez1970

PostSubject: Re: Super Oyster for the 009   Super Oyster for the 009 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:52 pm

Fantastic combo. Did the endlinks fit properly "out of the box" or did they require some "tweeking" to get a good fit?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Oyster for the 009   Super Oyster for the 009 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:55 pm

ramirez1970 wrote:
Fantastic combo. Did the endlinks fit properly "out of the box" or did they require some "tweeking" to get a good fit?

They fit perfectly out of the box. They are hollow, as noted above, but are fine for this watch IMHO. If I decide I want solid end links then I can always order them for $25 or so.

If I get an Anvil in the future then it will have solid end links. But for now, the Type I Super Oyster is a great bargain at $39.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Oyster for the 009   Super Oyster for the 009 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:10 am

I like it on the bracelet!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Super Oyster for the 009   Super Oyster for the 009 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:11 am

Give me stainless over nylon any day!

PostSubject: Re: Super Oyster for the 009   Super Oyster for the 009 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:42 am

Looks great Doc, gotta love stainless even though i've been on quite a leather (big thick leather) kick of late! I got the same seiko bracelet and pu the monster clasp and dive extension on it!! watch looks real hot!
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Super Oyster for the 009   Super Oyster for the 009 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 2:29 am

NICE bracelet! Worth the wait.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Oyster for the 009   Super Oyster for the 009 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:22 am

cali kid wrote:
Looks great Doc, gotta love stainless even though i've been on quite a leather (big thick leather) kick of late! I got the same seiko bracelet and pu the monster clasp and dive extension on it!! watch looks real hot!

I got the 4 hole Seiko clasp for it and it makes it much nicer. My only Monster clasp is in use right now, and besides it's bead blasted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Oyster for the 009   Super Oyster for the 009 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super Oyster for the 009
Page 1 of 1