The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Casio Oceanus?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Casio Oceanus? Empty
PostSubject: Casio Oceanus?   Casio Oceanus? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:23 am

Does anyone have any experience with their newer lineup - I like the looks of the 5 motor Chrono with blue hands.

Casio Oceanus? 03_pt_01
Back to top Go down

Casio Oceanus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casio Oceanus?   Casio Oceanus? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:27 am

Now that's a fine looking watch Robert!
Back to top Go down

Casio Oceanus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casio Oceanus?   Casio Oceanus? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 1:11 pm

surprisingly there's not a lot of info out there even though this model has been discussed over a year now. I did find a video on it:
http://oceanus.casio.jp/gallery/

I like the looks of it although I have no experience with that whole radio control technology.
Back to top Go down

Casio Oceanus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casio Oceanus?   Casio Oceanus? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 1:17 pm

WatchNoob wrote:
surprisingly there's not a lot of info out there even though this model has been discussed over a year now. I did find a video on it:
http://oceanus.casio.jp/gallery/

I like the looks of it although I have no experience with that whole radio control technology.

Actually radio controlled watches are pretty cool. I had a Casio Giez that would sync with the Colorado transmitter every night at midnight. It was also a solar watch.
Back to top Go down

Casio Oceanus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casio Oceanus?   Casio Oceanus? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 1:21 pm

Interesting technology and fascinating design. I particularly like the pushers.
Looks a bit thick for my wrist, though
Back to top Go down

Casio Oceanus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casio Oceanus?   Casio Oceanus? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 2:14 pm

Advertised as the world's first Atomic Solar Chronograph back when Oceanus was the official timekeeper of the Transpac race of 2007, for a while I was under the wrong impression that Oceanus was a stand alone brand on itself (the Casio name would not appear on the 07 dial samples)...I don't think much has changed, basically a 100 meters W/R,sapphire crystal with anti-glare coating applied, day/date, perpetual calender 'till the year 2099,1/20th second chrono , 24 hours time, tide indicator, world-time and daily alarm/s, battery power indicator, atomic multi band 5., solar ... back in 07 they added the fifth motor to replace the LCD screen, all this in a 42mm scratch resistant Ti carbide case.... Saw/hold couple, all I can tell you is they are awesome, not sure about pricing but you can request a catalog at www.oceanus-us.com (or call 973-361-5400 X 4402)
Hope this help
Back to top Go down

Casio Oceanus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casio Oceanus?   Casio Oceanus? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 2:58 pm

boscoe wrote:

It is Ti. I can't find the thickness listed on any of the sites. Funny, Casio has a pretty detailed page but some of the dimensions that we're used to seeing aren't listed. Casio Oceanus? Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down

Casio Oceanus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casio Oceanus?   Casio Oceanus? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 3:23 pm

Docrwm wrote:
boscoe wrote:

It is Ti. I can't find the thickness listed on any of the sites. Funny, Casio has a pretty detailed page but some of the dimensions that we're used to seeing aren't listed. Casio Oceanus? Icon_scratch

Measures are 40.0 X 42.5 X 12........ Cool
Back to top Go down

Casio Oceanus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casio Oceanus?   Casio Oceanus? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 3:57 pm

eddiea wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
boscoe wrote:

Measures are 40.0 X 42.5 X 12........ Cool

That's what I get for admitting I couldn't find something- ANSWERS Casio Oceanus? Icon_lol

Thanks. 12mm isn't so bad.
Back to top Go down

Casio Oceanus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casio Oceanus?   Casio Oceanus? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 10:44 pm

Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Casio Oceanus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casio Oceanus?   Casio Oceanus? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 1:45 am

Oh thanks ! Casio Oceanus? Icon_biggrin I have seen Oceanus alot over the last year or more
and read about the solar theme in the watches. The look was also
really cool. However, I did not know that they were related to
Casio !..So this is something new to me..Thanks.

Casio Oceanus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casio Oceanus?   Casio Oceanus? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:15 pm

So, no one here owns or has owned one? Hmmmm Casio Oceanus? Suspect
Back to top Go down

Casio Oceanus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casio Oceanus?   Casio Oceanus? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 11:56 pm

Docrwm wrote:
So, no one here owns or has owned one? Hmmmm Casio Oceanus? Suspect

Doesn't look that way Doc. You can be the first on the forum! Casio Oceanus? Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Casio Oceanus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casio Oceanus?   Casio Oceanus? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:12 am

That dial is busier that a one armed wallpaper hanger...

Casio Oceanus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casio Oceanus?   Casio Oceanus? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:52 am

Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Casio Oceanus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casio Oceanus?   Casio Oceanus? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:03 am

I rather like the styling on this watch. Interesting design with out the crown. Smooth rounded lines and it's size is at the right upper limit of my now new tastes.
Back to top Go down

Casio Oceanus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casio Oceanus?   Casio Oceanus? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:07 am

Even though I don't mind sort of busy dials this one is too busy even for me and I'm just not into Ti. Great pics and review though.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

Casio Oceanus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casio Oceanus?   Casio Oceanus? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:51 am

Hey Gang - My first post here.

Northwestguy (John) invited me in.
Probably know some of you from WG (jaw503). (especially Koimaster, Barnbuilder)
Missed you guys.

I've owned an Oceanus - really like the tech/capabilities in a traditional case design.
But DAMN IT, they just don't make them big enough.
Just gave one away with a bunch of watches to Goodwill.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Casio Oceanus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casio Oceanus?   Casio Oceanus? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:55 am

Glad you made it over Jeffery! Hope you will join in on the fun. Be sure to post your arrival at the "Introduce Yourself " site.
Back to top Go down

Casio Oceanus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casio Oceanus?   Casio Oceanus? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:55 am

Casio Oceanus? Fresse Welcome to the asylum, there are a lot of bent people here but if you just keep your fingers away from the cage you should be okay.
Back to top Go down

Casio Oceanus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casio Oceanus?   Casio Oceanus? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 2:00 am

Hey Jeffery! been awhile. Glad your here to join in the conversations. We need to get the group of locals together again.
Still have your Velatura?
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

Casio Oceanus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casio Oceanus?   Casio Oceanus? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 2:05 am

barnbuilder1 wrote:
Hey Jeffery! been awhile. Glad your here to join in the conversations. We need to get the group of locals together again.

Hey Dude,

Yes I do still have that Velatura.
At the time it was my grail watch.
Recently displaced however, by a PO Chrono.
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

Casio Oceanus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casio Oceanus?   Casio Oceanus? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 2:09 am

Jeffery!!! Welcome!! Another NW favorite.

jaw wrote:
barnbuilder1 wrote:

Hey Dude,

Yes I do still have that Velatura.
At the time it was my grail watch.
Recently displaced however, by a PO Chrono.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

Casio Oceanus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casio Oceanus?   Casio Oceanus? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 2:14 am

smellody wrote:
Jeffery!!! Welcome!! Another NW favorite.

Hey Chris - long time - Thank you.
Yes the next NW Event is long overdue.
Back to top Go down

Casio Oceanus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casio Oceanus?   Casio Oceanus? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:01 am

barnbuilder1 wrote:
Some pics and review of the watch
http://www.gmtplusnine.com/2008/11/18/a-quick-look-at-the-casio-oceanus-pcw-500-cachalot/

http://www.gmtplusnine.com/

Thanks for the link. It was nice to see real WIS photos of it too.
Back to top Go down

Casio Oceanus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casio Oceanus?   Casio Oceanus? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:02 am

If you want it bigger, Casio does use the same movement in one or two of the higher end G-Shock analogs.

Welcome to the forum!!!

jaw wrote:
Hey Gang - My first post here.

Northwestguy (John) invited me in.
Probably know some of you from WG (jaw503). (especially Koimaster, Barnbuilder)
Missed you guys.

I've owned an Oceanus - really like the tech/capabilities in a traditional case design.
But DAMN IT, they just don't make them big enough.
Just gave one away with a bunch of watches to Goodwill.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

Casio Oceanus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casio Oceanus?   Casio Oceanus? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 2:50 pm

watchcollector1968 wrote:
If you want it bigger, Casio does use the same movement in one or two of the higher end G-Shock analogs.

Welcome to the forum!!!

Thanks, didn't know that. I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Casio Oceanus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Casio Oceanus?   Casio Oceanus? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Casio Oceanus?
Page 1 of 1