The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pictoral State of the Collection

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Pictoral State of the Collection Empty
PostSubject: Pictoral State of the Collection   Pictoral State of the Collection Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 11:47 pm

My New Yearz buzz has finally lifted, my wife went out for the night and Kaden went to bed early so I took the watches downstairs, just for the hell of it.

Pics are terrible, but I really have no lightbox setup anymore and the sun set a long time ago. Nothing exciting, just keeping myself busy tonight.

First, the divers.
Seiko Monster, Invicta 8926, Aussie, Diamond PD, Swiss Army Maverick, Zodiac Oceanaire
Pictoral State of the Collection DSC05194
Pictoral State of the Collection DSC05195

Next, the chronographs.
Invicta Lefty, Zodiac Dragon Wing, Zodiac SST, Invicta Speedway, SPeedway II, Stuhrling Apocolypse (2nd pic)
Pictoral State of the Collection DSC05196
Pictoral State of the Collection DSC05198

Now the dressier, less worn.
Timex Expedition (into it's 7th year on original battery), Mount Royal, LP Dufonte, Orient power reserve, vintage Longines, Seiko 5 military
Pictoral State of the Collection DSC05201

And the box and winder. (G-Shock in the box, forgot to bring it downstairs with all the others...)
Pictoral State of the Collection DSC05204
Pictoral State of the Collection DSC05206
Pictoral State of the Collection DSC05207
Back to top Go down
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

PostSubject: Re: Pictoral State of the Collection   Pictoral State of the Collection Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 12:01 am

Nice collection. Ones that caught my eye: Swiss Army Maverick and vintage Longines. You also prompted me to think about trying my speedway on leather and 8926 on a Nato.

Last edited by SynMike on Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pictoral State of the Collection   Pictoral State of the Collection Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 12:08 am

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. How about a closeup of the Longines?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pictoral State of the Collection   Pictoral State of the Collection Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 12:27 am

Very nice collection of watches Andrew, I still like how your Speedway looks on that rally strap.

Last edited by falcon4311 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pictoral State of the Collection   Pictoral State of the Collection Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 12:28 am

Mike, I definitely recommend strapping the speedways, especially if you're as tired of the same old bracelet again and again like I am! Pictoral State of the Collection Icon_smile The strap on the original speedy is actually 2mm too big. I scrunched it into the lugs to beef up the rest of the look a bit, it works!

Doc, here you go. Not sure of the exact year of it, early 1950's I was told. Any idea where I can find more info? Blank caseback other than the marking "14k gold", no serial #'s etc, I may have to check the movement for specifics.
Pictoral State of the Collection Longines4001
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Pictoral State of the Collection   Pictoral State of the Collection Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 1:33 am

Nice collection...Really nice!!

It's easy to date the longines from the caliber number. I looked in my reference books and found 2 similar...one was a 1943 and the other a 1958. Pictoral State of the Collection Icon_eek Longines often did stuff like this. Anyway I would say late 40's...early 50's from the style. Those types of lugs were used on many in the 50's. I have a 60's 14KT gold one...Ive only found it in one book ever.

Pictoral State of the Collection Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Pictoral State of the Collection   Pictoral State of the Collection Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 3:47 am

Those pictures seem pretty fantastic if you ask me Andrew ! Pictoral State of the Collection Icon_eek Pictoral State of the Collection Icon_smile
Your collection is also really varied, with everything from Swiss
Army and Zodiacs to the Timex and vintage Longines !..Great
job showing them off..NICE boxes and winders as well ! Thank
You !

PostSubject: Re: Pictoral State of the Collection   Pictoral State of the Collection Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 9:45 am

Great collection Andrew! Turn the winder ON!!!! Every watch displays a different time! Pictoral State of the Collection Icon_razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pictoral State of the Collection   Pictoral State of the Collection Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 1:26 pm

Nice looking collection Andrew and I dig the Winder as well. Pics look fine to me, I'm in the same boat, the lighting is best for me during the day with the skylights in the house. congrats on a great collection.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pictoral State of the Collection   Pictoral State of the Collection Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:04 pm

Enjoyed looking at your watches. Thanks. Great collection
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pictoral State of the Collection   Pictoral State of the Collection Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:28 am

Aqua Homer wrote:
Great collection Andrew! Turn the winder ON!!!! Every watch displays a different time! Pictoral State of the Collection Icon_razz

LMAO... The problem is, I'll take a watch off the winder, wear it for a day, then leave it somewhere else in the house (or take on vacation) and let it run down, but not set the time until I wear it again. I rather enjoy winding and setting my autos, so the quad winder is just storage as much as a functional device; not so concerned about keeping them running 24/7 or tracking accuracy, etc.

Glad you guys liked. I love collection shots, would be up for seeing y'alls... hint hint... Pictoral State of the Collection Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pictoral State of the Collection   Pictoral State of the Collection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pictoral State of the Collection
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: