The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Orsa Model

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

New Orsa Model Empty
PostSubject: New Orsa Model   New Orsa Model Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:28 pm

What do you think. I've always had a bit of a problem getting behind Orsa. The guy Berg, always struck me as somehow untrustworthy. His behavior on other forums and the fact that he has been promising a bracelet for the Sea Angler for years now, combined with the varying movements he uses has always kind of soured me.
The Sea Viper, however, is intriguing. I like the dial, hands, and markers alot. Not fond of the bezel..needs to be shrunk a bit and enlarge the dial IMO. Like the bracelet. I love the Sea Viper font, but do not like the name itself. A bit Invicta-ish if you ask me. The specs list it having a "Gold Plated" ETA 2824 which is always a warning sign IMO. Harkens back to the "Golden ETA's" that were asian made.
I guess I cant really call this one. What do you guys think?

Photo from WUS

New Orsa Model Orsa_b10
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

New Orsa Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Orsa Model   New Orsa Model Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:34 pm

Meh...

New Orsa Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Orsa Model   New Orsa Model Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:35 pm

Honestly, Orsa has never done anything for me. Maybe its a bad association with that other forum but I've never really found them balanced nor do they Sing to Me.
Back to top Go down

New Orsa Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Orsa Model   New Orsa Model Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:46 pm

Not to mention they are Canadian. Thats like minus 50 or 60 points right there. Canadians in general seem untrustworthy to me. New Orsa Model Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down

New Orsa Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Orsa Model   New Orsa Model Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:52 pm

Aqua Homer wrote:
Not to mention they are Canadian. Thats like minus 50 or 60 points right there. Canadians in general seem untrustworthy to me. New Orsa Model Icon_twisted

Well, that's a bit sweeping. I know Don has concerns about the trustworthiness of a certain group of Canadians. I take him as an expert so there are a large portion of Canadians, from what I'm told, who are untrustworthy. But in general. Well, I think that's just a tad strong. Don't you?
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

New Orsa Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Orsa Model   New Orsa Model Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:55 pm

AH..It seems like Orsa is trying to take the dive watch look
in a unique direction with the Sea Viper ! What I mean is that
even though it's a dive watch..they seem to want their watches
to stand out from other divers. That blue is definitely a brilliant
blue ! The black lines through the white markers is something
I haven't seen before. The bezel carries the theme too with the
black base, orange line, along with blue and white accents ! The
bracelet also looks hefty enough !..With the movement..it sounds
NICE also !..In the end..I tend to like many watches ! New Orsa Model Icon_eek New Orsa Model Icon_smile I have
seen Orsa watches over at the Orsa site for the last couple of years
now !..I really don't know much more than that !..Honestly I like
what they have done !..Thanks for showing this AH !

New Orsa Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Orsa Model   New Orsa Model Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:22 am

I'm not too hot on the styling. I still like the Monstrum style better. I don't own any Orsa's though.
Back to top Go down

New Orsa Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Orsa Model   New Orsa Model Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:25 am

Aqua Homer wrote:

Marathon is a Canadian company as well Mikey boy!
New Orsa Model Smileyfight
Back to top Go down

New Orsa Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Orsa Model   New Orsa Model Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:37 am

Back to top Go down

New Orsa Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Orsa Model   New Orsa Model Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:40 am

Oh yaeh, I don't know anything about the guys involved with Orsa but I can say that is one of the only Orsas I thought was smoking. I love the dial
Back to top Go down

New Orsa Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Orsa Model   New Orsa Model Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 3:47 am

Had a monstrum and it was OK but this one looks better!
Back to top Go down

New Orsa Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Orsa Model   New Orsa Model Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 3:59 am

I agree it needs a bigger dial and less bezel, it has to much color going on or it might just be the blue. Cool hands and dial layout.
Back to top Go down

New Orsa Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Orsa Model   New Orsa Model Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 12:24 pm

Aqua Homer wrote:
What do you think. I've always had a bit of a problem getting behind Orsa. The guy Berg, always struck me as somehow untrustworthy. His behavior on other forums and the fact that he has been promising a bracelet for the Sea Angler for years now, combined with the varying movements he uses has always kind of soured me.
The Sea Viper, however, is intriguing. I like the dial, hands, and markers alot. Not fond of the bezel..needs to be shrunk a bit and enlarge the dial IMO. Like the bracelet. I love the Sea Viper font, but do not like the name itself. A bit Invicta-ish if you ask me. The specs list it having a "Gold Plated" ETA 2824 which is always a warning sign IMO. Harkens back to the "Golden ETA's" that were asian made.
I guess I cant really call this one. What do you guys think?

Photo from WUS

New Orsa Model Orsa_b10

Not bad...but Berg little story scared the heck out of me scratch
Back to top Go down
ramirez1970
Associate
ramirez1970

New Orsa Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Orsa Model   New Orsa Model Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 5:45 pm

Not a bad looking watch with decent specs. However, after owning a Monstrum, I'd never buy another Orsa.
Back to top Go down

New Orsa Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Orsa Model   New Orsa Model Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 12:50 am

ramirez1970 wrote:
Not a bad looking watch with decent specs. However, after owning a Monstrum, I'd never buy another Orsa.

Can you elaborate? New Orsa Model Icon_arrow
Back to top Go down

New Orsa Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Orsa Model   New Orsa Model Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 1:03 am

cant speak for him but i thought my monstrum was a cheap made watch,domed crystal made it hard to tell the time, lume sucked and most people liked the caseback, i even thought it was done cheaply!! Why buy a seiko want-a-bee when you can just get the real deal!! would love to know how many were made because they are for sale all the time, each one must be on its 3rd owner!
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

New Orsa Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Orsa Model   New Orsa Model Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 1:41 am

Not liking the double ringed bezel nor the colors. After that, it looks like a familiar design.
Back to top Go down
ramirez1970
Associate
ramirez1970

New Orsa Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Orsa Model   New Orsa Model Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:46 pm

cali kid wrote:
cant speak for him but i thought my monstrum was a cheap made watch,domed crystal made it hard to tell the time, lume sucked and most people liked the caseback, i even thought it was done cheaply!! Why buy a seiko want-a-bee when you can just get the real deal!! would love to know how many were made because they are for sale all the time, each one must be on its 3rd owner!

Wholeheartedly agree with Cali. The thick, curved crystal resulted in marked dial distortion from any angle, except head on. The lug screws were not flush, protruding by several millimeters, which was clearly a mistake and should have been remedied prior to shipping. Bezel alignment was off on mine (and a common problem, apparently). All in all, the watch just felt "cheap"/poorly executed.
Back to top Go down

New Orsa Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Orsa Model   New Orsa Model Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:09 am

ramirez1970 wrote:
cali kid wrote:

Wholeheartedly agree with Cali. The thick, curved crystal resulted in marked dial distortion from any angle, except head on. The lug screws were not flush, protruding by several millimeters, which was clearly a mistake and should have been remedied prior to shipping. Bezel alignment was off on mine (and a common problem, apparently). All in all, the watch just felt "cheap"/poorly executed.

Good info guys. I came close to pulling the trigger on a Monstrum several times but something told me not to. I've read several mixed reviews on this company/models and when it seems like a toss of the coin I usually pass.
Back to top Go down
sooner
Associate

New Orsa Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Orsa Model   New Orsa Model Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 3:35 pm

A pastel dive watch? Please!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Orsa Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Orsa Model   New Orsa Model Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Orsa Model
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Dive Watches-
Jump to: