The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worth the wait

Go down 
+3
AtomicTom
Anomaly
andrema
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Worth the wait Empty
PostSubject: Worth the wait   Worth the wait Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:11 pm

After nearly two weeks of waiting, the TAG is here.

This is the F1 Grande Date. It's got the Ronda 6004B movement. I like the small seconds but I am not crazy about the big date window where the 30 seconds marker would normally be.

It's got a beautiful brushed finish on the stainless steel 44mm case that extends to the bracelet. It's a true diver in the sense that it has 200M water resistant, and easily operable uni-directional bezel, screw-down crown and wet-suit extension. Lume is nice and BRIGHT (pics of that to come later). Its only downfall there is the lack of real estate for lume on the hour and minute hands.

It also has sapphire glass and safety clasp. Worth noting on this newer version of the F! is that the bezel is metal instead of plastic.

It's not perfect as I noted above, but this one is a keeper (for whatever that's worth, knowing my reputation for hanging onto a watch).

Here are the pics

Worth the wait Jerryswatches140

Worth the wait Jerryswatches141

Worth the wait Jerryswatches142

Worth the wait Jerryswatches144

Worth the wait Jerryswatches145
Back to top Go down

Worth the wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth the wait   Worth the wait Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:15 pm

Pretty!!! Looking forward to the lume shots!!
Back to top Go down

Worth the wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth the wait   Worth the wait Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:19 pm

congrats on the TAG. What's the case size of that F1? Normally Tags are pretty small on case size which shy's me away, and I'm talking 38-40mm
Back to top Go down

Worth the wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth the wait   Worth the wait Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:51 pm

That one is 44mm Mr Noob! Great that you have the watch Jerry, had your regular mail carrier been on yesterday we would have received the watches on the exact same day.
Back to top Go down

Worth the wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth the wait   Worth the wait Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:53 pm

Congratulations on the TAG and successful trade.
Back to top Go down

Worth the wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth the wait   Worth the wait Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:53 pm

That's cool! I've never been a Tag fan but that is an awsome looking watch.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Worth the wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth the wait   Worth the wait Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:54 pm

I like it! Very nice!!

Senior Associate
Anomaly

Worth the wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth the wait   Worth the wait Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:24 pm

Great looking watch AO!

I kinda like the big date there but hey, every sees differently!

CLEAN dial over all!

Congrats and Enjoy!

Worth the wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth the wait   Worth the wait Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:47 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Great looking watch AO!
I kinda like the big date there but hey, every sees differently!
CLEAN dial over all!
Congrats and Enjoy!

I didn't mind it either, I actually found it to be very readable.
Back to top Go down

Worth the wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth the wait   Worth the wait Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:36 am

. . . Very nice!!!! I like it a lot. The big date at 6 is a plus in my mind, balances the dial nicely. The bezel is killer, love the large cutouts . . . . looking at it I can see where Burett swiped their bezel design from . . . . Killer TAG, enjoy owning it . . . Randy.
Back to top Go down

Worth the wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth the wait   Worth the wait Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:22 am

Nice score Jerry! I like it. I see what you mean about the date. Everytime I look at the picture I think that the date 09 is part of the registers numerals. I'm sure you can get used to that though.
Back to top Go down

Worth the wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth the wait   Worth the wait Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:48 am

Thanks Mike and all you XMTers!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Worth the wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth the wait   Worth the wait Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 3:32 am

AO..THAT is a TERRIFIC Tag you got there sir ! Worth the wait Icon_biggrin Congratulations
on such a stunning watch ! It has everything anyone could want
in a watch..Fantastic dial, amazing bezel, top notch bracelet, a
detailed case back and of course a reliable movement inside !
Enjoy this one for many years to come AO !!!! Worth the wait Icon_smile

Worth the wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth the wait   Worth the wait Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 4:00 am

Really nice, Jerry! TAGs look so impressive in person, especially on the wrist. Those bracelets are built for serious business.

I see what you mean about the big date taking over the 30 mark. Putting the date window over a subdial isn't seen much. BUT, having a white font over black background makes up for it!

Enjoy that one for as long as you have it! Worth the wait Icon_wink And, should it move out, you know you can get something nice for it!
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

Worth the wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth the wait   Worth the wait Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 6:18 am

That is the nicest looking Tag F1 there is...period. I have a standard one, in white, but the newer ones like yours are miles ahead...Enjoy AO, its awesome!!

Worth the wait Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

Worth the wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth the wait   Worth the wait Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 11:25 am

I think the bezel and case are the crowning achievements on this model. The date windows should have a border.
Back to top Go down

Worth the wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth the wait   Worth the wait Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 11:51 am

PoliMalaka wrote:
The date windows should have a border.

I agree Poli, the date gets lost without the border. Nice piece otherwise though.
Back to top Go down

Worth the wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth the wait   Worth the wait Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 11:53 am

PoliMalaka wrote:
I think the bezel and case are the crowning achievements on this model. The date windows should have a border.

Good point. It would make the date easier to scan quickly.
Back to top Go down

Worth the wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth the wait   Worth the wait Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:41 pm

Out of curiosity Jerry, is it a G10 under the hood?
Back to top Go down
max
Associate
max

Worth the wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth the wait   Worth the wait Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:00 pm

Thats really nice, Jerry. Im not normally a big fan of Tags but I have been itching for one lately.

I tried to pry that one out of Dons fingers but lucky for you we couldnt get together.

Looks like the almost perfect watch to me.
Back to top Go down

Worth the wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth the wait   Worth the wait Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 2:19 pm

Thanks guys. I'm glad you didn't snag it before me, Marc! BTW, welcome to the forum!

Noob: It's a Ronda 6004B movement, not Eta.

Here's the lume shot!

Worth the wait Jerryswatches152
Back to top Go down

Worth the wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth the wait   Worth the wait Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 2:35 pm

Nice lume shot. That is actually the first TAG I would consider. So let me know in a month after you tire of it Worth the wait Lol
Back to top Go down

Worth the wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth the wait   Worth the wait Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 3:50 pm

WatchNoob wrote:
... a month after you tire of it Worth the wait Lol

Not in a gazillion years (OK, maybe a million Wink)
Back to top Go down

Worth the wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth the wait   Worth the wait Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 4:05 pm

Great watch AO!
Back to top Go down
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

Worth the wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth the wait   Worth the wait Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 4:39 pm

Very nice. Tag F1 stands out as a unique style. I think small seconds watches are probably my favorites. I think its a great addition to you collection.
Back to top Go down

Worth the wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth the wait   Worth the wait Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 2:52 am

I like this watch, the bezel and dial with the big numbers. cool grab from Don!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Worth the wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worth the wait   Worth the wait Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worth the wait
Page 1 of 1