The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:24 am

As some of you know, I have been thinking about buying a modified Seiko for a while now. A few weeks back, I decided to go for it and contacted Harold at Yobokies. I received it the other day and could not be happier with the results!

The watch started out as a SKX007 and it was modified to include:

Yobokies black dial, white pilot hands, red/orange second hand, aluminum chapter ring, rubber Z22 strap (Harold also gave me a back NATO) and a clear caseback. I decided to keep the case and bezel stock for now.

I am trying out a few straps right now. As you can see from the picture, I swapped out the Z22 rubber out for a "Kevlar" dive strap. I will also be trying out a Bond Zulu and have ordered a "Vintage Waffle" rubber strap from Jake B to try as well (I think that will be the best look)...I HAVE ADDED PICTURES OF THE NEW STRAP BELOW

Like I said, I love the look of this one, but may tweak it in the future. Once the polished sides get scratched, I will probably have the case bushed or bead blasted (crown too).

Here are some pictures:

Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE DSC07060
Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE DSC07058
Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE DSC07055

Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE DSC07054
I HIGHLY recommend Harold at Yobokies, he was very helpful and patient with my nagging questions and indecisiveness.

Last edited by andrema on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:31 am

Very cool! Handsome sweater too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:40 am

Looks great Mark!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:43 am

Looks good...the hands look great!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:50 am

VERY fresh Marky Mark!

I hate to sound dumb, but what does the "T" on the dial stand for?

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:53 am

Anomaly wrote:
VERY fresh Marky Mark!

I really have no idea...it may be Harolds symbol, but I am not sure. I have seen it on a bunch of his mods though...

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 11:18 am

andrema wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
VERY fresh Marky Mark!

I really have no idea...it may be Harolds symbol, but I am not sure. I have seen it on a bunch of his mods though...
Harold just gave me some insight on the "T" logo...

From Harold -

FYI:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritium
The logo is for the look of course and it's on many military watches back in those days.

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 11:23 am

Very nice, I really like the hands and dial. Real good looking mod.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 11:26 am

andrema wrote:
andrema wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
VERY fresh Marky Mark!

Harold just gave me some insight on the "T" logo...

From Harold -

FYI:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritium
The logo is for the look of course and it's on many military watches back in those days.

COOLIO...Thanks!

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 12:19 pm

Watch is hot, sweater is not!!! Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Herz I kid, i kid, nice mod and it will help keep the seiko crew off your back!! Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Affraid Great score buddy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:14 pm

. . . Really nice Mark. Great choices on the parts. And thanks solving the "T" mystery, I was clueless there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:52 pm

Nice watch, Mark. I like the kevlar strap. I know how cold it's been in CT lately, and that the sweater is just for survival, not fashion. Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_lol Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:58 pm

Very cool to get this! Congrats
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 2:17 pm

The more I see of the various mods,the more I like them.

I might have to join the "mod squad" soon.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 2:58 pm

porschefan wrote:
Nice watch, Mark. I like the kevlar strap. I know how cold it's been in CT lately, and that the sweater is just for survival, not fashion. Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_lol Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_wink
You are wrong there my friend...I am more metro than Poli...if that is possible!

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:04 pm

Great looking watch!! Love those mods.

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 6:03 pm

Tritium.

Very nice watch. How much does the display caseback increase the depth of the overall watch? Is it noticeable?

Congratulations. Yet more evidence that Seikos are not only good but good for you too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 6:16 pm

according Doc's question, maybe someone can explain, how much this modding generally affects water resistance (not only clear case back, but a standard watch)? Is it still 200 m or less?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:12 pm

Very cool!!! I love the Planet Ocean-esque dial. Definitely getting a exibition back for my upcoming mod that looks killer!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 9:09 pm

Very cool mod, like that strap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 9:43 pm

Cool mod! I read most of the thread on tritium.....it said it is good for 12 or 13 yrs....so after that time ...
will it stop luminating?
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 9:51 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Tritium.

Very nice watch. How much does the display caseback increase the depth of the overall watch? Is it noticeable?
It is actually about the same depth.

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 9:54 pm

Duker wrote:
Cool mod! I read most of the thread on tritium.....it said it is good for 12 or 13 yrs....so after that time ...
will it stop luminating?
Yes

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 11:46 pm

Outstanding pick-up Mark ! Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_cyclops The watch is really well done IMHO !
It has a sporty yet easy to read dial. The markers are great and so is
that orange second hand. I also think the bezel is excellent as well.
That movement also looks stunning on the Yobokies Mod. While the
strap looks good and seems indestructable !..Congrats sir and of
course ENJOY !

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 9:49 pm

Very nice Mark, Maybe I will see you around town someday with it on! More three hand love for sure.

Jeff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:27 pm

andrema wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
Tritium.

It is actually about the same depth.

Thanks
that's good to know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:29 pm

third picture, on the case back is written "water resistant 10 Bar"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:55 pm

The Seiko mods are becoming a hot item. I am seriously thinking about having my OM and BM done. Does anyone know if Harold have a website?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:26 pm

Nice pickup Mark, Harold did another nice mod for that one.

CD, I believe Doc posted a link awhile back to Harold's site. It's essentially a Photo bucket account with an email addy if I remember correctly, sorry I never saved it.
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:43 am

Great looking watch Mark!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:57 am

I received the vintage waffle rubber strap from Jake and I really like it!

The strap is soft, thick and has a thick thumbnail buckle...here are some photos:

Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE DSC07134
Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE DSC07137
Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE DSC07130
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:58 am

Textured for your pleasure!

NICE strap Mark!

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:41 pm

It sure looks sweet! I ordered a hand set from Harold for my BM, they should be here next week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 1:20 pm

Great strap! Would look perfect on the Stuhrling I have, but probably too thick. Works great for a diver though, good choice!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 3:00 pm

Looks cool. Somewhere in the back of my feeble old memory, I think one of the divers I had as a kid had a strap like that.
BTW, clean the finger print off the crystal (first photo Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_wink ).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE   Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yobokies SKX007 Mod...just in...UPDATE
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Who Are You, What Did You Just Get, What do you have? :: New Arrivals-
Jump to: