The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Empty
PostSubject: Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.   Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:10 pm

Thanks to my buddy Andrew I am now sporting yet another Zodiac…go figure. This is the Air Planet. It has a 44mm diameter, non chrono, small seconds with a second time zone dial. It comes on the standard Caoutchouc rubber strap which I swapped out for a pilots strap. It has a very deep case, somewhere in the area of 16mm and has a diamond pattern around the case with a Ti coating. The bottom pusher is to set the second time zone, it has a screw down knurled crown and pretty impressive lume that seems to last. It has a Ronda movement with the big date and a silvery almost what I would call a sunray dial that is offset by sword hands that have a nice contrast. It’s subtle but they don’t jump off of the dial but are very readable.

The only drawback to the watch is the case back has a highly embossed Zodiac logo and the edge of the circle around the star is extremely sharp. Thank goodness I have my buddy Dwain the goldsmith who ground down the logo and the edge of the circle. Prior to that it was very uncomfortable to wear and left marks on the boney part on my wrist. The other issue is the Arabic numerals are slightly smaller than what I would like to see. Other than those 2 minor issues I love the look of the watch on my wrist, it definitely has wrist presence.

Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. ZodiacAirPlanet007

Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. ZodiacAirPlanet009

Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. ZodiacAirPlanet012

Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. ZodiacAirPlanet013

Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. ZodiacAirPlanet014

Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. ZodiacAirPlanet015

Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. ZodiacAirPlanet017

Last edited by falcon4311 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.   Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:16 pm

Congratulations on the new watch. Good for Andrew. And, nice mod to the watch to make it more wearable Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.   Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:16 pm

I like that one. And that's one of my favorite strap styles.
Is it a newer model??
Lube the goat!!

Did you move this thread or am I going nuts?

When I first tried to respond the thread went away while I was typing!!
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.   Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:42 pm

Cool, I've never even seen that one before! Congrats very cool case.

Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.   Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:50 pm

Now THAT is cool.

Kinda looks chrono but it isn't!

DUAL time zone...HOT!

Enjoy bro!

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.   Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 8:18 pm

Thickest Zodiac I've ever seen. Congrats.

BTW, what kind of a name is Dwain? Why is it spelled that way? Is he Canadian or something?

Best line ever from the Simpsons.... (which has sucked for the last ten years or so)

Setting....Pale Canadian kid is in Barts new remedial class. Canadian kid says to no one in particular.... "I have come from Canada, eh'....and they think I'm retarded eh'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.   Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 9:10 pm

foghorn wrote:
I like that one. And that's one of my favorite strap styles.
Is it a newer model??
Lube the goat!!

Did you move this thread or am I going nuts?

When I first tried to respond the thread went away while I was typing!!

Thanks Foggy, yes the thread did disappear. I was having issues with copying and pasting. The text for some reason when I copied it from the word document kept changing the text size.
It is a newer model, they have one that is very similar with the led lighting. I may have to pick that one up sometime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.   Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 9:13 pm

Aqua Homer wrote:
Thickest Zodiac I've ever seen. Congrats.
Best line ever from the Simpsons.... (which has sucked for the last ten years or so)

Thanks guys. BTW Mike, that's ever since the Canadian writers left the show.

Robert, it sure is good having a buddy that has all of the tools to fix things like this.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.   Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 11:35 pm

Awesome Don ! Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_biggrin I have seen this one on the Zodiac site and thought it was
always a great watch. Now that I see your pictures it looks even better ! Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_cheers
The dial is stunning along with those pushers. However that thick case
is just FANTASTIC ! Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_biggrin The design on the side of it is SO cool and speaking
of cool..The case back is TERRIFIC ! NICE pick-up sir, the Air Planet is out
of this world ! Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Alien Enjoy !

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.   Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 11:45 pm

Glad to hear the caseback got the mod it needed. Enjoy that one!....(or, get a good ROI from it Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_twisted )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.   Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 11:49 pm

Nice score. I really like the looks of the side profile on this one.

Congrats!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.   Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 11:56 pm

SopheNic wrote:
Nice score. I really like the looks of the side profile on this one.

Congrats!

^^^ Yeah, what Nic said. Cool dial, too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.   Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 3:29 am

Thanks again, I was worried about having to sell this one off due to the raised Zodiac logo and the sharp edges but DWAIN (that was for you Mike) did a great job and you can barely tell anything was done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.   Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:33 am

That's a good-looking Zodiac, Don.

Feel free to reply to my response, too Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.   Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 11:40 am

AO wrote:
That's a good-looking Zodiac, Don.

Feel free to reply to my response, too Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_wink

Thats what I'm talking about Jerry! I've been telling Don for years now that forum etiquette does NOT dictate that you respond to EVERY reply in a thread individually. Don is the KING of useless Power-Posting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.   Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:04 pm

@ Jerry and Mike.

Thanks and BITE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.   Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:33 pm

Yep, i love it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.   Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:44 pm

. . . another good looking Zodiac. Dig the dial . . . and its as deep as a can of corn!!!!

Keep it up, Alan will fall back into the "Z" trap . . . . Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Lol
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.   Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:00 pm

Wow that's a nice lookin Zodiac
Dare I say the dial layout reminds me of a SAN III w/5040C.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.   Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:58 pm

Very nice Don! I was hoping to get a look at this model. congrats and enjoy wearing it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.   Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:14 pm

randyswagon wrote:
. . . another good looking Zodiac. Dig the dial . . . and its as deep as a can of corn!!!!

First time I've read that expression, that made me laugh. This will irk the Hell out of Mike and Jerry but I will say thanks again guys.
Ron, I can almost guarantee that you will have to rework the Zodiac logo on the case back but it's worth it. I think it's one hot looking watch and not just because it's mine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.   Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:20 pm

Love it!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.   Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:20 pm

Love it!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.   Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:21 pm

Love it!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.   Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:22 pm

Now thats power posting AH!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.   Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 2:15 am

Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Lol Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Lol Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Lol Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Lol Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.   Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thanks to Andrew I have a new Zodiac Air Planet.
Page 1 of 1