The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428

Go down 
+4
sixtysix
andrema
Chris S.
AtomicTom
8 posters
AuthorMessage

The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Empty
PostSubject: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 11:21 pm

Finally my new Steinhart Nav-B is here. I must say that considering they only got back from the holidays on monday morning this watch has come to me extremely fast.

Just like I anticipated form reading all the other feedback on these watches this watch is fantastic. All aspects of the build quality is top notch. The strap is really fantastic, too. Its hard to believe I paid under $500 for this. They could easily get 2-3 times that much.

When I first contacted Gunter I thought that he was going to throw in a free strap, but looking back the original email from him I think I misunderstood what he was saying. What he did was upgrade the stock strap to one of their better vintage style straps for no additional cost. He also changed the buckle to the PRE-V style and changed the crown to the diamond crown like I requested for no additional cost too so I'm very happy. His CS has been nothing short of perfection.

The 44mm size was the right choice for me. I now know that I could pull off the 47mm if I decided to go for an LE or another model thats only available in that size, but the 44mm is definitely perfect for me.

Here are the mandatory photos. Forgive the quality of these. My DSLR camera is still broken I and just can't get along properly with point and shoot cameras.

The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 IMG_1186

Nice black case
The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 IMG_1187

The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 IMG_1192

I'm really impressed with the strap. It has a fantastic feel and it looks great.
The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 IMG_1196

I really like the decoration on the movement. A lot of time with a watch in this price point the movement isn't decorated at all.
The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 IMG_1197

Vintage style strap with the cool PRE-V buckle
The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 IMG_1200

Meet No. 428. I kind of like that its numbered. It gives it a bit of personality.
The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 IMG_1210

Last but not least, the mandatory wrist shot
The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 IMG_1207

Thanks for looking. I'll be sure to post some better photos once my real camera is fixed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 11:33 pm

Looks fantastic on the wrist Dave! Glad to hear the transaction went so well, I know you were really looking forward to that. Enjoy #428!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 11:43 pm

So far my only complaint is the strap is fairly stiff, but that is expected because its so thick. In time I'm sure it will loosen up.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:08 am

That's ONE fantastic flieger you picked up Dave !!!! The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_eek The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_biggrin
Steinhart seems to do a great job with their watches.
So much quality and detail from the dial to that stunning
movement !..It's nice how they show the number of the
watch like that..Impressive ! Even the packaging is
phenomenal !..Congratulations on your new watch and
Enjoy ! The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_smile

Senior Associate
Chris S.

PostSubject: Re: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:10 am

Very Nice The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:12 am

I like it! Very nice!!

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:32 am

Looks great....I need one of these. Awsome strap...

The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:27 am

Don't you just LOVE the Unitas movement?

Great looking watch!

Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:27 am

Lookin Good!
Don't have a good flieger myself - only a cheap SM.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:53 am

Looks good Dave. I've never really cared for pilot watches too much, but that thing is pretty damn good looking. The strap is incredible. Congrats. You gonna get the Triton?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:57 am

Great piece! Ther movement looks awesome and the strap is nice and long, great score!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 3:31 am

Great looking watch Dave, I'm still not sold on that style of crown but I'm definitely sold on the rest of the watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 7:31 am

Great watch Dave.
I like the table top too!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 9:05 am

Thanks guys, I'm definitely glad I finally took the plung

Aqua Homer wrote:
Looks good Dave. I've never really cared for pilot watches too much, but that thing is pretty damn good looking. The strap is incredible. Congrats. You gonna get the Triton?

I'm seriously thinking about it if I can get some funds together. They really did a fantastic job with the new one. Even the old ones are worth having.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:25 am

Looks very nice Dave. Congrats on finally getting it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:36 am

Thanks Jerry. It was worth the wait.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 11:19 am

Outstanding! Congratulations on a terrific watch. Having great CS is a huge plus for me and You and Chong have each received the same top notch service - he's in Singapore and you're in the US and Gunther is in Germany and yet it all seems to work seamlessly. Excellent.

Wear it in good health my friend. The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 11:30 am

Pure class! The classic flieger is one of my favs and Steinhart did an awesome job with theirs. I bought one of their straps (probably the same one u have there) for my budget flieger/pilot. Amazing once you break it in. Great pick up!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 11:53 am

cski wrote:
Pure class! The classic flieger is one of my favs and Steinhart did an awesome job with theirs. I bought one of their straps (probably the same one u have there) for my budget flieger/pilot. Amazing once you break it in. Great pick up!

The strap that I got was the vintage mocca #127.

Its a bit stiff right now but its already starting to feel a bit better than when I first put it on yesterday. I'm sure in time it will be quite comfortable.

I think the their straps are some of the best values out there. Similar custom straps could cost over $150 where these are going for 49euros which I believe is about $79 USD. Thats pretty good.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:07 pm

Sweet watch.

I cannot believe you have a table that looks like a clock. You're totally and completely horologically sick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:50 pm

I like it. Big fan of the diamond crown. Ain't a pilot without it . . .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:54 pm

PoliMalaka wrote:
Sweet watch.

I cannot believe you have a table that looks like a clock. You're totally and completely horologically sick.

My favorite table in the house. That reminds me, I need to change the battery. How cool would it be if to remove the quartz movement and replace it with something mechanical. That would be one cool table.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 1:55 pm

randyswagon wrote:
I like it. Big fan of the diamond crown. Ain't a pilot without it . . .

My sentiments exactly.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:10 pm

Great looking watch congratulations. Love the classic styling and the Unitas handcrank.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 3:28 pm

Man what a nice watch, the 44 is the better choice with the 22 strap it's proportioned is perfect.
Are these movements still Unitas or are they ETA now?

Congrats and enjoy it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 3:34 pm

barnbuilder1 wrote:
Man what a nice watch, the 44 is the better choice with the 22 strap it's proportioned is perfect.

Congrats and enjoy it

I'm not sure exactly. Its listed as a Unitas on Steinharts website, but from what I've read all new models are technically ETA movements because ETA owns the Unitas name. Everyone I know, myself included, still refer to them as Unitas movements. From what I can see the movement is only labels swiss 17 jewels. Sometimes the manufacturer stamp is below the balancewheel which I can't quite see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 3:51 pm

SopheNic wrote:
barnbuilder1 wrote:

Congrats and enjoy it

I'm not sure exactly. Its listed as a Unitas on Steinharts website, but from what I've read all new models are technically ETA movements because ETA owns the Unitas name. Everyone I know, myself included, still refer to them as Unitas movements. From what I can see the movement is only labels swiss 17 jewels. Sometimes the manufacturer stamp is below the balancewheel which I can't quite see.

I do to and like the name unitas, same movement as it has been.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 1:49 pm

Beautiful looking watch, congrats on a great score. I love the simplicity of the dial and the case size. Very clean and crisp. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428   The flieger has landed.  Meet No. 428 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The flieger has landed. Meet No. 428
Page 1 of 1