The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello my name is .....

Go down 
+3
Noisy Nova
sixtysix
andrema
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Hello my name is ..... Empty
PostSubject: Hello my name is .....   Hello my name is ..... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 7:30 pm

Paul.

After being subtly prompted by Docwrm aka Robert, allow me to introduce myself. My apologies for the delay.

I discovered this forum while looking around for information about a watch I've had for 20 years, a Tag Heuer 165.806. I was at the computer one day and thought I would google the reference number of my Tag and see what came up. Not a lot to my surprise. It seems I own a little bit of a rarity. A pleasant surprise indeed! Like i said I found this forum, and all the others, as a result and damn you all if you didn't spark up my interest in watches!! It is a nasty bug indeed.

I really like the way you guys do things around here. It doesn't seem to matter whether you have Timex or Rolex, everyone gets treated the same way. Not a lot of brand snobbery here and i like that.

In closing, I'm looking forward to surfin' around the various sections and finding out more about you all.

Paul
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is .....   Hello my name is ..... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 7:38 pm

Welcome to XMT Paul! Glad you found us. We're a small forum but aren't sponsor based and MOST OF US (did ya hear that Mike?) love all kinds of watches. So take your shoes off, pop a cold one and check us out. WE LUV SOME WATCHES HERE!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is .....   Hello my name is ..... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 7:39 pm

mps63 wrote:
Paul.

After being subtly prompted by Docwrm aka Robert, allow me to introduce myself. My apologies for the delay.

I discovered this forum while looking around for information about a watch I've had for 20 years, a Tag Heuer 165.806. I was at the computer one day and thought I would google the reference number of my Tag and see what came up. Not a lot to my surprise. It seems I own a little bit of a rarity. A pleasant surprise indeed! Like i said I found this forum, and all the others, as a result and damn you all if you didn't spark up my interest in watches!! It is a nasty bug indeed.

I really like the way you guys do things around here. It doesn't seem to matter whether you have Timex or Rolex, everyone gets treated the same way. Not a lot of brand snobbery here and i like that.

In closing, I'm looking forward to surfin' around the various sections and finding out more about you all.

Paul
Welcome Paul!

BTW - Let's see some pictures of that TAG of yours!

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is .....   Hello my name is ..... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 7:47 pm

Welcome Paul. Have fun!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is .....   Hello my name is ..... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:04 pm

Welcome aboard! That's me - subtle. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is .....   Hello my name is ..... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:09 pm

Hey Paul, any friend of docs is a friend of XMT! Enjoy the forum and cant wait to see some pics of the TAG!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is .....   Hello my name is ..... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:13 pm

Here's the Tag in question.

Hello my name is ..... 23911310
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is .....   Hello my name is ..... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:14 pm

mps63 wrote:
Here's the Tag in question.

Hello my name is ..... 23911310

So what brands interest you...we would love to torture you with temptation!!

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is .....   Hello my name is ..... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:27 pm

Welcome to XMT...I have a few Tags myself, so you won't be the only one mercilessly picked on for being a fanboi....(I used to be, but now your here!!) OK just kidding Hello my name is ..... Icon_smile , hope to see you join in the lively discussions.

Hello my name is ..... Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
Noisy Nova
Associate
Noisy Nova

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is .....   Hello my name is ..... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:45 pm

Welcome Paul.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is .....   Hello my name is ..... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 9:25 pm

. . . Welcome Paul!! Nice TAG . . . buy a seiko, buy a seiko . . .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is .....   Hello my name is ..... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 9:49 pm

"So what brands interest you...we would love to torture you with temptation!!"
mid 80's and early 90's Tags, 70's and early 80's Heuers, especially the orange faced diver variety. Oh! If anyone has an Omega Dynamic 5200-50 or a 5240-50, I've got 20 bucks with your name on it! I'll go as high as 30 for the chrono! Hello my name is ..... Icon_biggrin

Thanks for the welcome all
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is .....   Hello my name is ..... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:15 pm

Nice looking Tag! Oh, and welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is .....   Hello my name is ..... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:26 pm

Good to have you here, post lots of pics. We like pics.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is .....   Hello my name is ..... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 12:06 am

Hey Paul it's GREAT that you found us ! Hello my name is ..... Icon_biggrin
Thanks to Doc for telling you about XMT
as well. I think you are DEFINITELY going to
have a fun time here !..So surf away and
most of all enjoy yourself !..Terrific Tag
by the way ! Hello my name is ..... Icon_cheers

smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is .....   Hello my name is ..... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 12:15 am

Welcome Paul.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is .....   Hello my name is ..... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 12:40 am

Nice TAG! Welcome, sir!
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is .....   Hello my name is ..... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 1:44 am

Hi Paul! Good to meet you.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is .....   Hello my name is ..... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 8:38 am

Well Paul you summed up just what we want this place to be!

Thanks for being here!

PostSubject: Re: Hello my name is .....   Hello my name is ..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello my name is .....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Who Are You, What Did You Just Get, What do you have? :: Introduce Yourself!-
Jump to: