The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New American Watch Brand...

Go down 
+5
merichar
sooner
TVDinner
PoliMalaka
Anomaly
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

New American Watch Brand... Empty
PostSubject: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:09 pm

KPM Watches, based in Sisters, Oregon state, was founded by Keaton Myrick.

New American Watch Brand... Kpm1

New American Watch Brand... Kpma

Mr. Myrick is an American watchmaker, born and raised in Oregon. He was
taught watchmaking in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Before beginning
his watchmaking education he worked for the MKII Watch Company. He then
attended the Lititz Watch Technicum, graduating in 2007, gaining his
WOSTEP certification, AWCI certification and LWT Diploma.

New American Watch Brand... Kpma1

Mr. Myrick learned the art of traditional watchmaking and was
instrumental in helping his class build a precision pendulum clock as a
class project, which is rarely seen in watchmaking schools today. Upon
graduation, he worked for Rolex USA at one of its service centers,
learning from one of the industry leaders how to service some of the
world’s finest timepieces. Today he works from his workshop in Sisters,
Oregon making fine watches by hand, one at a time.

New American Watch Brand... Kpma2

In addition to manufacturing, KPM Watch Company also specializes in
high-end antique watch restoration. With onsite CNC machines and Wire
EDM technology at hand, restorations can include manufacturing of
missing or damaged parts.

New American Watch Brand... Kpm

New American Watch Brand... Kpm5

Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:13 pm

NNNOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please not another watch on which the actual time cannot be read. AHHHH!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:28 pm

Is this a joke, or real? New American Watch Brand... Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 2:12 pm

Cool stuff Alan, thanks for posting. Maybe this cat can come up with an affordable MKII, those things are ridiculously priced imo, but I like the looks.
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 2:25 pm

interesting. thanks for posting the info.
Back to top Go down
sooner
Associate

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 2:34 pm

WOW! I want one!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 2:53 pm

sisters is real close to bend??? talk to me my northern brothers!
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:06 pm

Sister is a little north of Bend. Might be worth checking out next time I go through. That watch is a little minimalist for my taste though. Sisters has become one of those quaint artsy-tourist towns, I bet the watches are spendy.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:40 pm

Cool - Do they have a web site?
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 5:21 pm

New American Watch Brand... Icon_eek Fantastic find Alan !..These watches look sleek, classy, vintage
and modern all at the same time ! New American Watch Brand... Icon_smile The dials and cases are really
intriguing because of the clean yet futuristic theme. I definitely like
them !..The movements are spectacular as well. Plus the man behind
it all seems to REALLY know what he is doing ! New American Watch Brand... Icon_cheers Thanks for finding
and showing these !

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 5:31 pm

Cool to see a new and local company. Next time I'm there I might have to go see

http://www.kpmwatchcompany.com/_/The_American_Edge.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 5:36 pm

. . . . Certainly appreciate the craftsmanship in the pieces. Beautiful finishes. Great look on heavy,thick leather . . . . coin edging is a favourite for myself . . . . dial work falls flat though.

I know he hit the look he wanted, but it's just flat, does nothing for me.
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 5:49 pm

Regardless of how the watch looks, I think it is pretty cool that America is making something. I'm going to check it out next time I go to Bend.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 5:53 pm

I bet some of you MODDERS could open it up and figure a way to mark that dial...

Now THAT would be cool to see!

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 6:36 pm

Does he actually make his own movements?
The cases and dials are rather, and I'll be gentle, plain. He could use some courses in design, too.
But I applaud his efforts and wish him all the best.
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 6:41 pm

Anyone out there among use that can mark/imprint/paint dials???????? Let me know. Please.

Anomaly wrote:
I bet some of you MODDERS could open it up and figure a way to mark that dial...

Now THAT would be cool to see!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:17 pm

interesting to have a new watch maker in the country, but a boring dial. And Sisters is my home town.

http://www.kpmwatchcompany.com/_/The_American_Edge.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:07 pm

I used to have a gig in Redmond. New American Watch Brand... Icon_cool

Last edited by porschefan on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:10 pm

smellody wrote:
Anyone out there among use that can mark/imprint/paint dials???????? Let me know. Please.

There is a lady at an art store here in McMinnville who does miniature and fine detail painting that I've had conversations with regarding working on watch dials. Also I have some silkscreens and paints that I was thinking of doing some custom work on a dial. Let's get together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:21 pm

Hope he will do something a little more sporty. That is a nice watch just not for me. Good find.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:26 pm

DAMN, THE GUY FORGOT THE FREAKIN DIAL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:32 pm

I'm sure this isn't the dial, it just can't be. He just got excited about his creation and didn't have time to finish scratch
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:50 pm

[quote="barnbuilder1"]Cool to see a new and local company. Next time I'm there I might have to go see

http://www.kpmwatchcompany.com/_/The_American_Edge.html[/quote]

That sounds like it would be a good time Ron ! New American Watch Brand... Icon_smile Let us know if you do
get to visit KPM sir !

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:20 pm

Hello Alain New American Watch Brand... Icon_smile

Thanks for your inquiry. My watches are made one at a time. I use a ETA 6497 as a base caliber but heavily modify everything. I completely remake the mainplate, bridges and most of the other parts to meet my very high standards for fit and finish. The result is a timepiece that is 100% unique and and excellent timekeeper. Right now I have only one case option available, please click the link below to view the case and a finished watch.

http://kpmwatchcompany.com/_/Watch_001.html

The case measures 42mm without the crown and about 13mm thick with 22mm lugs. I have to admit, this case and dial configuration is quite striking on the wrist. My next watch (#002) will be done within the next couple months and will, for the most part, look very similar to the one in the above link. If you have an idea of what you would want a movement to look like I will gladly meet with you to discuss the options for a custom one off piece.

My base price is $12,000 (we may be able to figure out a fellow oregonian discount New American Watch Brand... Icon_wink ). This includes the watch (obviously), handmade wooden presentation box (also made by me), lifetime waranty, hand delivery and your first service is on the house.

Again, thanks for your inquiry and if you ever find yourself in the Sisters area please shoot me note and I can buy you a cup of coffee and talk watches (I am a collector as well) New American Watch Brand... Icon_wink

All the best and I hope this helps with some of your questions,

Keaton Myrick

WOSTEP and AWCI Certified Watchmaker

www.kpmwatchcompany.com

300 West Hood St

Sisters, OR 97759

541-390-6461
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:23 pm

HOLY CRAP!!!! 12G'S!!! The man is on some serious medication! That's freakin ridiculous!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:23 pm

Nice response from the guy but...

$12,000 ?

Nice to be proud of your work, but that is absurd!

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:25 pm

Anomaly wrote:

$12,000 ?

Seriously!!! You can get a Rolex DSSD and another great watch for that much! Crazy...
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:30 pm

andrema wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

$12,000 ?

Seriously!!! You can get a Rolex DSSD and another great watch for that much! Crazy...

I told you Sisters was pretty swank.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:48 pm

$12000 is a bit high for me too ! New American Watch Brand... Icon_eek Oh well !

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:52 pm

Anomaly wrote:

$12,000 ?

But it has a life time warranty. New American Watch Brand... Icon_eek New American Watch Brand... Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New American Watch Brand...   New American Watch Brand... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New American Watch Brand...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: