The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting a snoot full

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Getting a snoot full Empty
PostSubject: Getting a snoot full   Getting a snoot full Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:57 pm

NEWS
SIHH 2010: The Haute Horlogerie under the WorldWatchReport's magnifying glass

January 19, 2010
www.worldwatchweb.com - Carried out by Luxury Digital Marketing Firm IC-Agency in partnership with Europa Star and with the support of the Fondation de Haute Horlogerie, the WorldWatchReport 2010 is the exclusive watch making market study deciphering the online demand for 25 luxury watch brands.

Here are the main trends highlighted by the study and first uncovered for the Salon International de Haute Horlogerie SIHH 2010.

Increase of Haute Horlogerie

The global search volume linked to the 10 Haute Horlogerie brands increased by 14% compared to 2008. An encouraging sign showing the interest for exclusive products with an average value above CHF 15'000, despite a difficult economical context.

The most searched for Haute Horlogerie models

Among the 120 models analyzed in the« Haute Horlogerie » category, the three most popular ones are:

Jaeger-LeCoultre "Reverso" (8.2%)
Audemars Piguet "Royal Oak" (7.1%)
IWC "Portuguese" (6.3%)

Watch ambassadors

Adding India to the study's scope results in Audemars Piguet and Sachin Tendulkar leading the ranking of the most searched for "Haute Horlogerie" brand ambassadors. Indeed, more than 1 out of 2 searches (55%) concern the famous cricket Indian player, pushing the 2008 number 1 Jaeger-LeCoultre and actress Diane Kruger to the second place.

BRIC markets

Demand coming from Brazil, Russia, India and China already account for more than 12% of global searches for prestigious watch brands.

8th export market according to the FHS (Jan-Oct. 2009), China alone accounts for 38% of the demand coming from the BRIC markets, followed by Brazil, Russia and India with 28%, 20% and 14% respectively.

The social network Facebook

More than 300'000 people already subscribed to the Fan Pages of the 25 watch brands, a 440% increase in the number of watch enthusiasts over less than one year.

The 6th edition of this market deciphers queries entered into search engines throughout the Internet from millions of prospects for 25 luxury watch brands. The survey covers 10 key markets, including – for the first time - BRIC markets Brazil, Russia, India and China as well as the top export markets United States, Japan, the United Kingdom, Italy, France and Germany.

More information on www.worldwatchreport.com

Source: IC-Agency
www.ic-agency.com
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting a snoot full   Getting a snoot full Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 1:00 pm

Kinda funny not one of those countries has a middle class! Poor as dirt or we're rich bitch, give me four of those IWC Portuguese and throw in a couple royal oaks while you're at it!! Getting a snoot full Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting a snoot full   Getting a snoot full Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:00 pm

The McKinsey Global Institute projects China's middle class will increase from 43% of the population today to 76% by 2025.

The McKinsey Global Institute the consulting firm's independent
economic research arm, projects India's middle class will grow from 50
million to 583 million people in the next two decades. At the same
time, the country will advance from the world's 12th largest consumer market to the fifth.

The Rise of China's Middle Class

You were saying...?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting a snoot full   Getting a snoot full Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:11 pm

15 years down the road and the world is going to end in 2012 anyway!! Not every post is a bash on china and the two countries with the biggest populations dont need you running to their defense in every thread!! Lets face it these countries had no middle class until a few years ago!! Just grows old after awhile, feel you lurk until something on china is said and pounce, in no way did i state anything that was vicious or out of line! India will only become the 5th largest consumer by 2025 by shear volume of their population, they cant even feed the population at this point! Who is going to buy all those choinese made watches when the chinese middle class is buying swiss??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting a snoot full   Getting a snoot full Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:14 pm

cali kid wrote:
Kinda funny not one of those countries has a middle class! Poor as dirt or we're rich bitch, give me four of those IWC Portuguese and throw in a couple royal oaks while you're at it!! Getting a snoot full Icon_scratch

They were probably researching to manufacture knockoffs.

Okay, that was a cruel cheap shot based on the sterotype that all "replica" watches originate in Asia. Which we all know isn't true.

Last edited by boscoe on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting a snoot full   Getting a snoot full Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:16 pm

Thinks its only a cheap shot if it isnt true! Getting a snoot full Icon_scratch and i really dont want to take the time to read about china's new emerging middle class but maybe you could shed light on what they would make a year in US dollars and would it rate enough to afford any of the watches mentioned or is it the guys that own the companies that are putting poison in your milk, dog food, baby food, toys etc! and please tell me what % of indian people live below the poverty line at this point in time?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting a snoot full   Getting a snoot full Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:55 pm

Cali Kid: Why do you figure you can come out with a sideways slam like "Kinda funny not one of those countries has a middle class! Poor as dirt or we're rich bitch" and then tell me it's not fair to call you on it?

Why is it OK for you to slam China, but not OK for me to defend China...well, and India in this case?

And fair enough of you don't want to research, but then don't pretend like you have the knowledge.

Y'don't get it both ways.

When you say "Just grows old after awhile, feel you lurk until something on china is
said and pounce, in no way did i state anything that was vicious or out
of line
!"...well, I think your constant China bashing gets old and even if what you said wasn't vicious, it was stil untrue--and I didn't call you names or get nasty about it. I just provided the evidence (again) to show you were wrong.

...and the guys that covered your driveways in carcinogens weren't
Chinese. Sorry-but all the corporate errors and misbehaviour sure
aren't coming out of China.

Seriously, Cali Kid, and with respect: I don't ever start this stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting a snoot full   Getting a snoot full Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:21 pm

On an entirely separate note:

Does anyone know an Indian watch manufacturer or company?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting a snoot full   Getting a snoot full Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:30 pm

boscoe wrote:

HMT. They make very cool Citizen based mechanicals and a range of quartz models...and used to make watches for the Indian military. HMT has quite a long history.

Titan: mostly quartz fashion watches but some very cool designs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting a snoot full   Getting a snoot full Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:40 pm

Just becasue we talk about china ripping off Watches, cars, computers or software doesnt mean we hate them. Dont like the way their government treats the people, I buy more fasteners from china in a year than you could ever spend in a lifetime, i'm not happy about that but all the manufactures are there because of two reasons, a very cheap workforce and a country who doesnt give a shit about any human health issues or what it pumps into our enviroment! Not just US companies have moved there either in Infasco is a Canadian company which i tried to buy all my products from when most US plants went to China, now 80% of what i buy from them is made in china! I'm spending over a million dollars a year for product that comes from china just to be able to compete in my field! During the olympics the chinese government shut down every nut and bolt factory within 40 miles of Bejing and didnt care if it caused shortage worldwide just so it could say the air was clean, we all know what a farce that was and saw the pictures of everyone wearing mask and the FOG that just never lifts! You jump on swiss products just as much as any of us jump on chinese made watches (which i like) if not a blatant replica or fake! another thing is i have no use for communism, not sure you can say that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting a snoot full   Getting a snoot full Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:59 pm

cali kid wrote:
another thing is i have no use for communism, not sure you can say that!

Heh. I don't have a left wing bone in my body..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting a snoot full   Getting a snoot full Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 5:04 pm

Fair enough, i'm not going to lose a friendship over something we dont agree on! I've always enjoyed your watches and have asked questions about them, most are very unique and quite beatiful! You now how i feel about the replica stuff and lets just keep it at that!

Trevor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting a snoot full   Getting a snoot full Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 5:10 pm

AlbertaTime wrote:
cali kid wrote:
another thing is i have no use for communism, not sure you can say that!

Heh. I don't have a left wing bone in my body..

On an entirely separate note (Part II):

Ron.......interesting website.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting a snoot full   Getting a snoot full Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 5:34 pm

AlbertaTime wrote:
boscoe wrote:

HMT. They make very cool Citizen based mechanicals and a range of quartz models...and used to make watches for the Indian military. HMT has quite a long history.

Titan: mostly quartz fashion watches but some very cool designs.

Thank you. Will hunt them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting a snoot full   Getting a snoot full Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 5:42 pm

Thanks Alberta, went to HMT website. The designs are rather bland. Couldn't tell if they make their own movements. I suspect Chinese based on the "new arrivals" section.
But I got an education anyway.
Again thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting a snoot full   Getting a snoot full Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 6:28 pm

boscoe wrote:
Thanks Alberta, went to HMT website. The designs are rather bland. Couldn't tell if they make their own movements. I suspect Chinese based on the "new arrivals" section.
But I got an education anyway.
Again thanks

You're very welcome. HMT mechanical movements are made by HMT but are licensed Citizen designs. They are still made in India to the best of my knowledge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting a snoot full   Getting a snoot full Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 6:30 pm

cali kid wrote:
Fair enough, i'm not going to lose a friendship over something we dont agree on! I've always enjoyed your watches and have asked questions about them, most are very unique and quite beatiful! You now how i feel about the replica stuff and lets just keep it at that!

Trevor

Sure 'nuff, friend. Getting a snoot full Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting a snoot full   Getting a snoot full Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting a snoot full
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Horological Information-
Jump to: