The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Watch Company - Movas Watches

Go down 
+2
Anomaly
andrema
6 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

New Watch Company - Movas Watches Empty
PostSubject: New Watch Company - Movas Watches   New Watch Company - Movas Watches Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:24 pm

I saw this thread over at DWC and thought it was an interesting looking brand:

http://www.thedivewatchconnection.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1112

Link to website:

http://www.movaswatches.com/collection.html

Here is an example of one of their non-diver models...
New Watch Company - Movas Watches Movas10

Here are the details from their site:

New Watch Company - Movas Watches Gmt06link - New Watch Company - Movas Watches Gmt14link - New Watch Company - Movas Watches Gmt03link
New Watch Company - Movas Watches Gmt02link - New Watch Company - Movas Watches Gmt07link - New Watch Company - Movas Watches Gmt05link

New Watch Company - Movas Watches Gmtlogo
The GMT is the first watch offered by moVas watch Co. It was designed as an everyday watch for the working professional. Built in a surgical grade stainless steel case for robustness. It was also designed with a diamond shaped crown for ease of winding. The power reserve indicator takes the guess work out of when you'll need to wind the watch and the 10atm rating allows flexibility of usage, whether it be for regular office wear or weekend frolicks at the beach. 100pc of this design has been produced and each watch is numbered.
CASE
Material : 45mm wide 316L Stainless steel
Finish : Brushed case + Polished Bezel
Glass : Domed 2mm hardened mineral glass with AR coating internally
Caseback: Stainless steel, see-through mineral
glass
WR: 100mm/ 10atm
Crown : 4mm x 8mm brushed stainless steel with V engraved on front.

DIAL + STRAP + HANDS
Material: Matt Black sandwich dial with double printed indeces.
Lume : Regular white
Strap : Personalised moVas 24mm Matt Calf 4.5mm leather strap with white stitching
Buckle : Personalised moVas Brushed stainless steel

MOVEMENT
Maker : Tianjin Seagull Watch Co. Ltd
Model : ST2858
Jewels : 33
Features : Power Reserve indicator at 12H, 24H GMT at 6H. Hours, Min + Sec at center. Winding. Hackable. Personalised moVas and decorated rotor.

PRICE
USD 380
USD 500 (with Sapphire Glass in limited quantities)

I know that some will react with the "homage" line...but I think that this one is different enough to stand on its own. It is alot different that a PAM design with MM on the dial.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Watch Company - Movas Watches   New Watch Company - Movas Watches Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:27 pm

Never understood mineral with 2 AR coatings. If you are going to that trouble and expense use Sapphire.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New Watch Company - Movas Watches   New Watch Company - Movas Watches Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:29 pm

A nicer Panerai homage...

...homage in that similar case design but not a total copy of.

PostSubject: Re: New Watch Company - Movas Watches   New Watch Company - Movas Watches Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:35 pm

Anomaly wrote:

I really don't see a P when I look at that watch at all. I wouldn't even call it a homage, perhaps the case is reminiscent of a P but that's where it ends for me. Am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New Watch Company - Movas Watches   New Watch Company - Movas Watches Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:37 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

I really don't see a P when I look at that watch at all. I wouldn't even call it a homage, perhaps the case is reminiscent of a P but that's where it ends for me. Am I missing something?

IMO that is what an homage does, pays tribute to a certain style w/o making you say "what a rip off..."

I can SEE Panerai in it but not blatantly...

Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: New Watch Company - Movas Watches   New Watch Company - Movas Watches Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:39 pm

Cmon mIneral and a Chinese movement for 3 bills......no thx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Watch Company - Movas Watches   New Watch Company - Movas Watches Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:45 pm

Quote :

. . . how about Frame Frusion and a G-10 then . . . New Watch Company - Movas Watches Icon_albino
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Watch Company - Movas Watches   New Watch Company - Movas Watches Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:51 pm

Nice looking watch. I agree this is what the term "homage" is supposed to be used for. A salute to Panerai is evident in the case, hands and numerals, but ends there. However this is an outrageous amount of money for a Chinese movement. I see you can get sapphire for an additional 200.00. Again, I like the looks very much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Watch Company - Movas Watches   New Watch Company - Movas Watches Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:20 pm

Not crazy about the case on this one,but at least they come right out and tell you what the movement is, and it's not a bad one at that.
But with a company named Movements of Asia (Movas) it's hard to hide their background.
It might be tempting for about 150.00 less.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Watch Company - Movas Watches   New Watch Company - Movas Watches Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:21 pm

I think it's a nice looking watch. A little more pricey than I'd personally pay for it, but nice none the less.
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: New Watch Company - Movas Watches   New Watch Company - Movas Watches Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:40 pm

randyswagon wrote:
Quote :

. . . how about Frame Frusion and a G-10 then . . . New Watch Company - Movas Watches Icon_albino

No as well!!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: New Watch Company - Movas Watches   New Watch Company - Movas Watches Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:53 pm

Cool find here Mark ! New Watch Company - Movas Watches Icon_cool It definitely has the Panerai
theme in there. However the 0 at the 12 0'clock location
is a nice touch. The hands are also really different as well.
Overall the dial is well done and has a bit of it's own personality,
so that's good !..I'm going to check out more of their models for
the fun of it too ! Thanks !

PostSubject: Re: New Watch Company - Movas Watches   New Watch Company - Movas Watches Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 11:34 pm

Not bad, nice cushion case, like the numbers, nice strap. Hate the flieger crown on it, doesnt work for me (not for that case); maybe with big knurled crown and a price cut of about 2oo...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Watch Company - Movas Watches   New Watch Company - Movas Watches Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 11:40 pm

It's a handsome watch and I wish the company well. All collectors are better off when a brand flourishes.

This statement made me think of Renato:

There is a new Asian watch company, moVas, that went live the beginning of December. They pride themselves on being an Asian watch company, not just Chinese, Japanese, or whatever. They source parts from all over Asia to get good quality parts at a good price to keep prices down.

Why couldn't Daniel "The Mink" Minkowitcz be so straight forward? Not a bash, a real question.
It seems SO easy.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: New Watch Company - Movas Watches   New Watch Company - Movas Watches Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:06 am

I pretty much like the entire look of this watch......I think it would be awesome with a 6497-2 mechanical movement. A bit more costly but then the looks, movement and price would be in sync!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Watch Company - Movas Watches   New Watch Company - Movas Watches Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:10 am

Love the dial, not a big fan of the case or crown though. Interesting looking brand though, thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: New Watch Company - Movas Watches   New Watch Company - Movas Watches Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:18 am

ericf4 wrote:

I agree with Eric on this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Watch Company - Movas Watches   New Watch Company - Movas Watches Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 2:09 am

same company as this dive watch i posted a week ago, will be there first diver!!

Hi guys,

As mentioned in the introduction to our company, we have been keen on developing a dive watch on these forums, and obviously partially funding the production of it through pre-sales. Whether the second part happens is immaterial but more important is getting actual feedback and suggestions rather than just dictating a design. I personally am not a diver, neither do I profess to being an expert at the requirements of dive watches, so will need some technical guidance.

We started the design a couple of months ago but as life took over, have stopped the development work for a couple of months. The following designs are where we are at the moment, nothing is set in stone, some things are already scheduled to change but I want to hear what you guys thought first. The crown location may be based on the movements we chose, right now we have been thinking of three; A Power Reserve, 24H GMT and another which is undecided. Fire away:

New Watch Company - Movas Watches Diver_001

New Watch Company - Movas Watches Diver_3

New Watch Company - Movas Watches Diver_2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Watch Company - Movas Watches   New Watch Company - Movas Watches Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 9:37 am

Another compny trying to use "pre-sales" funding as a way to produce the watch? I don't know man. Guys seem really gullible when it comes to this stuff, especially on WUS...... Put me down for number 7!!!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: New Watch Company - Movas Watches   New Watch Company - Movas Watches Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:51 pm

cali kid wrote:
same company as this dive watch i posted a week ago, will be there first diver!!

Hi guys,

As mentioned in the introduction to our company, we have been keen on developing a dive watch on these forums, and obviously partially funding the production of it through pre-sales. Whether the second part happens is immaterial but more important is getting actual feedback and suggestions rather than just dictating a design. I personally am not a diver, neither do I profess to being an expert at the requirements of dive watches, so will need some technical guidance.

We started the design a couple of months ago but as life took over, have stopped the development work for a couple of months. The following designs are where we are at the moment, nothing is set in stone, some things are already scheduled to change but I want to hear what you guys thought first. The crown location may be based on the movements we chose, right now we have been thinking of three; A Power Reserve, 24H GMT and another which is undecided. Fire away:

New Watch Company - Movas Watches Diver_001

New Watch Company - Movas Watches Diver_3

New Watch Company - Movas Watches Diver_2

When you first showed us this model I really liked it Trevor ! New Watch Company - Movas Watches Icon_smile It is nice
because it has it's own theme and not much that I can think of out there
looks like this one. The squarish shape below the round case is something
different. While the dial and hands capture a classic meets future diver
feel. That 12 to 3 o'clock raised bezel section is excellent too. It will be
great to see the final versions when they come out !

PostSubject: Re: New Watch Company - Movas Watches   New Watch Company - Movas Watches Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:45 pm

a pam homage on the bay is less than 100.00. these are 3x that amount and still chinese.heres a list of chinese companies that will build you watches for less than 300.00 per unit and under 200 per unit in quantity.
http://exlist.hktdc.com/index.aspx?cccode=WATCHOEP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Watch Company - Movas Watches   New Watch Company - Movas Watches Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:46 pm

yamahaki wrote:
a pam homage on the bay is less than 100.00. these are 3x that amount and still chinese.heres a list of chinese companies that will build you watches for less than 300.00 per unit and under 200 per unit in quantity.
http://exlist.hktdc.com/index.aspx?cccode=WATCHOEP

Thanks Sean. Good to see you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Watch Company - Movas Watches   New Watch Company - Movas Watches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Watch Company - Movas Watches
Page 1 of 1