The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Black...Nice Nice!!

Go down 
+3
merichar
Anomaly
andrema
7 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Black Black...Nice Nice!! Empty
PostSubject: Black Black...Nice Nice!!   Black Black...Nice Nice!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 7:50 pm

I have never been a fan of black on black watches, but when I saw this watch in WatchTime I really liked it...

LIMITED EDITION FORTIS B-42 BLACK & BLACK AUTOMATIC DAY/DATE

Black Black...Nice Nice!! Fortis10

Here are the specs from WatchTime:

Reference 647.28.81 K
Case No. 647.28.158

Movement: Automatic 2836-2, 11 1/2 ”’, 25 jewels, 28.800 semi-vibrations per hour, fine timing device and Incabloc shock absorber

Functions: hour, minute, center-stop-second, day/date indication, bilingual English and German
Case: Titanium with black PVD, three-parts, 42 mm case diameter, unidirectional turning bezel with 60-minute scale (120 divisions), Superluminova capsule at 12, sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on both sides, crown with FORTIS logo, screw-down titanium case back individually numbered, water-resistant 200 m / 20 bar

Dial/Hands: black matte, flange with hour-scale 13 to 24 h, triangles at position 3 h next to the day and date indication illustrating the direction of rotating the crown for quick adjustment, Arabic numerals and indices with Superluminova black skeleton hands, black with Superluminova white center-stop-second-hand with Superluminova white luminous dot

Attachment: black rubber strap black with black PVD over titanium folding clasp
Special Features: Limited Edition of 2012 pieces, case back embossed with the emblems of the Russian space authorities FSA Roscosmos and Cosmonauts Training Center, Star City

Special Packaging: box, pouch with FORTIS logo Professional Space Watches and ISS logo, instruction manual, international warranty card, certificate of limitation

References: 647.28.71 L01 leather strap black, 647.28.71 K rubber strap black with titanium folding clasp PVD black
Option: titanium folding clasp for leather strap
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Black...Nice Nice!!   Black Black...Nice Nice!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 7:52 pm

no
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Black...Nice Nice!!   Black Black...Nice Nice!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 7:53 pm

Not a big fan of Stealth look.
Had a black/black Invicta diver and sent it away.
Feel the same about this one.
But thanks for the effort.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Black Black...Nice Nice!!   Black Black...Nice Nice!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:07 pm

I would dig if 44mm!

Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Black Black...Nice Nice!!   Black Black...Nice Nice!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:21 pm

I like that Fortis line, but not feeling that particular one. Black and white in a color photo can look a lot different than in person though. At least they made the hands and date readable, unlike many of the tactical/stealth/combat/roger ramjet wannabes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Black...Nice Nice!!   Black Black...Nice Nice!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 9:03 pm

. . . no rubber.
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Black Black...Nice Nice!!   Black Black...Nice Nice!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:10 pm

I'll take it!
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Black Black...Nice Nice!!   Black Black...Nice Nice!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:10 pm

Not much of a fan of that one, I guess I don't get the whole steath thing....

Black Black...Nice Nice!! Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Black...Nice Nice!!   Black Black...Nice Nice!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:12 pm

Fortis puts together one heck of a watch. The B42 lineup is seriously nice in every respect in my unbias opinion Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Black...Nice Nice!!   Black Black...Nice Nice!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 12:59 am

That is one sharp watch!
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Black Black...Nice Nice!!   Black Black...Nice Nice!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 1:13 am

merichar wrote:
I like that Fortis line, but not feeling that particular one. Black and white in a color photo can look a lot different than in person though. At least they made the hands and date readable, unlike many of the tactical/stealth/combat/roger ramjet wannabes.

I agree with Mark. Seeing this in person may have a totally different feel. I love it in the photo though!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Black Black...Nice Nice!!   Black Black...Nice Nice!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 7:50 pm

NICE find Mark ! Black Black...Nice Nice!! Icon_smile The all black is a style I actually like alot. I don't have
any all black watches, but having one or two in a collection would be pretty
cool ! This one you are showing is done VERY well. The markers as well as
numbers are stealthy, but seem like they can be read easily. I also like that
there is kind of a Breitling theme being used with that dial, markers and numbers.
Once again, great find Mark..It's ONE mean looking Fortis !

PostSubject: Re: Black Black...Nice Nice!!   Black Black...Nice Nice!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Black...Nice Nice!!
Page 1 of 1