The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Orient Star Saturation Diver

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Orient Star Saturation Diver Empty
PostSubject: Orient Star Saturation Diver   Orient Star Saturation Diver Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:51 pm

I have been interested in the the Orient Star 300m Saturation Diver for a while now and wanted to see what you guys think. There may be a few of you that have this watch (which can be had for under $800 preowned), so please give us your thoughts on your watch!

Here are some pictures and link:

http://www.orient-watch.com/product/pro_diver/

Info from Orient website:
Orient Star Saturation Diver Orient10Orient Star Saturation Diver Orient11

Specs:

Mechanical Movement : ORIENT caliber 46N4A Made in Japan
Self-winding movement
Enhanced shock proof
21 jewels
21600/hour vibrations
Power reserve indicator, Date indicator

Stainless steel case and bracelet
One-way rotating bezel
Sapphire crystal with anti-reflection coating
Screw caseback, Screwed-down crown
Special extensible buckle for metal bracelet
Water resistant to 300m for saturation diving
Diameter 45.70mm
Thickness 16.60mm

Orient Star Saturation Diver CFD0C001M0_free1

Screw caseback with traditional lion emblem, which cannot be opened without *special caseback opener
To guarantee quality of 300m water resistant automatic watch for mixed-gas diving, only Orient Watch Co.,Ltd. Service Center in Tokyo, Japan will handle repairs and aftersales services.

Orient Star Saturation Diver CFD0C001M0_free2
Special Box with
Strap and Tool

Orient Star Saturation Diver CFD0C001M0_free3
Special Extensible Buckle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orient Star Saturation Diver   Orient Star Saturation Diver Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 3:16 pm

i just posted this watch at freeks the other day..........I love this watch, and have been checking the forums for them .., like you said, about 800 used.....so not that bad for what it is.....

Mark, isnt this a little big for you though, its a 46mm and very thick case, i know you kinda stay in the lower 40's usually........
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Orient Star Saturation Diver   Orient Star Saturation Diver Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 3:18 pm

heartbreak wrote:
i just posted this watch at freeks the other day..........I love this watch, and have been checking the forums for them .., like you said, about 800 used.....so not that bad for what it is.....

Mark, isnt this a little big for you though, its a 46mm and very thick case, i know you kinda stay in the lower 40's usually........
Yes, you are correct...usually my max is 44mm...but you gotta love the dial color and setup!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orient Star Saturation Diver   Orient Star Saturation Diver Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 3:20 pm

heres a link to a review about it, not sure if you saw this or not , and he has a video review as well and a ton of pics.......

http://ablogtoread.com/orient/orient-diver-automatic-saturation-diver-cfd0c001b-watch-review/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orient Star Saturation Diver   Orient Star Saturation Diver Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 3:45 pm

That watch is the bomm! I love the design, PR indicator, extensible clasp, EVERYTHING! Sounds like it's built to take a beating too.. Orient Star Saturation Diver Icon_cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orient Star Saturation Diver   Orient Star Saturation Diver Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 3:49 pm

. . . nice watch. Love the ratcheting extension . . .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orient Star Saturation Diver   Orient Star Saturation Diver Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 5:09 pm

I was on an orient kick for awhile and everything that I read about theses was very positive. They are big thick watches but are definitely built to take a beating. Orient movements are really good too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orient Star Saturation Diver   Orient Star Saturation Diver Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 5:26 pm

With a 50% coupon at OrientUSA they are $900 brand new with warranty. I would not pay $800 used for a watch like this if I could get it BNIB from the distributor for $100 more. Just sayin'
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Orient Star Saturation Diver   Orient Star Saturation Diver Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 5:48 pm

Docrwm wrote:
With a 50% coupon at OrientUSA they are $900 brand new with warranty. I would not pay $800 used for a watch like this if I could get it BNIB from the distributor for $100 more. Just sayin'
Good to know...great info Doc!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orient Star Saturation Diver   Orient Star Saturation Diver Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 6:03 pm

andrema wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
Good to know...great info Doc!

They lied when they said no more 50% off. There is a 40% off + free watch coupon right now that I posted to the Deals section. There have been several 50% posts since 12/31/09 too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orient Star Saturation Diver   Orient Star Saturation Diver Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:03 am

A nice watch, I wouldn't mind getting this or the revolver someday. Good size too.
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: Orient Star Saturation Diver   Orient Star Saturation Diver Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:15 am

This watch is on my short list of want-watches BUT I have to be honest. If I was going to spend $800-$1000 for a watch I would get the Oris Watches TT1 Divers Small Second, Date 64376098454MB before this one for basically the same money.
Orient Star Saturation Diver 41IfWyTE41L

that being said, I DO LOVE this Orient -

Orient CFD0C001M Automatic Professional Diver Mens Watch - orange dial
Orient Star Saturation Diver Novtz002bc4
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Orient Star Saturation Diver   Orient Star Saturation Diver Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:26 am

For me this one was love at first sight. Still want one.
My new Deep Blue being so similar, should hold me for a while.

However, new price was beyond what I was willing to pay for what it offered.
Personally feel 800-1000 should be the "new" not used price.
May be why there has been a sustained 50% reduction offer for 2 months.
But what do I know?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orient Star Saturation Diver   Orient Star Saturation Diver Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 4:48 am

Fantastic looking diver, I really like that last pic. Great color of orange.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orient Star Saturation Diver   Orient Star Saturation Diver Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orient Star Saturation Diver
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Watch Brands :: Swiss Brands :: Swiss/German/Asian/Japanese/Chinese-
Jump to: