The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ZITC Diver Chrono

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

ZITC Diver Chrono Empty
PostSubject: ZITC Diver Chrono   ZITC Diver Chrono Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:06 pm

Finally got around to taking some photos of my ZITC diver...

ZITC Diver Chrono IMG_0041

ZITC Diver Chrono IMG_0044

ZITC Diver Chrono IMG_0051

ZITC Diver Chrono IMG_0054

ZITC Diver Chrono IMG_0048

With two of my other divers (Invicta Scooby and Oris C.C.)
ZITC Diver Chrono IMG_4223

ZITC Diver Chrono IMG_4227

The Stats:
Model: ZITC Diver Chrono
Movement: Japanese quartz chrono
Case diameter: 44 mm
Case Thickness: 18.5 mm
Screw down crown and pushers
Helium release valve
Anti-reflective coated crystal
Unidirectional rotating bezel
Origin of Manufacture: China

Compared to my Invicta Scooby:
The Scooby's case is thinner and the bezel is "tighter". I prefer the dial on the Scooby with it's rough matte finish. The lume on the Scooby is better than the ZITC and the Scooby's ETA automatic is a plus. The ZITC's polished steel case lug fronts show scratches more clearly than the Scooby's all-brushed finish.

Compared to my Oris C.C.:
The case dimensions are nearly identical but the Oris is lighter because of it's titanium construction compared to the ZITC's steel case. The chrono pushers, He valve, and crown are flipped to the other side of the case and the bezel on the ZITC is "looser". Amazingly the ZITC seems to have a heavier anti reflective coating on its crystal than the Oris but conversely it's more easily scratched.

Conclusion
The ZITC diver chrono is truly a bargain for its design and construction. It may not have a fancy automatic movement or the lightness and strength of titanium but for under $150 it is a steal.

For the future I would be very interested if they would produce a ZITC Diver with a three hand automatic non-chrono. A Miyota or Seiko automatic movement would be a plus.

Last edited by Motegi on Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

ZITC Diver Chrono Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZITC Diver Chrono   ZITC Diver Chrono Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:22 pm

Great review and pictures. Thank you for posting that.

I have been looking at this one with a bracelet that is for sale from GETAT for $85 for a while - http://www.siswatch727.com/showroom/model/T0165/templateProductDetails.do?ParentId=1240528841328003290&currentPage=1&editCurrentLanguage=1239717806671017347&webId=1239717806671017346&productId=1240789115921003486

Your review might help me pull the trigger. Thanks again for the great info.
Back to top Go down

ZITC Diver Chrono Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZITC Diver Chrono   ZITC Diver Chrono Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:24 pm

TVDinner wrote:
Great review and pictures. Thank you for posting that.

I have been looking at this one with a bracelet that is for sale from GETAT for $85 for a while -

Your review might help me pull the trigger. Thanks again for the great info.

Buy it! You WILL NOT regret it! I guarantee!
Back to top Go down

ZITC Diver Chrono Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZITC Diver Chrono   ZITC Diver Chrono Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 7:48 pm

Nice looking watch with a solid and cool case! Enjoy wearing it!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

ZITC Diver Chrono Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZITC Diver Chrono   ZITC Diver Chrono Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 8:33 pm

Wow Motegi..I haven't seen this brand before ! However, that
looks like alot of watch for the money. The dial is NICE, kind of looks
like a 7750 would be in there ! ZITC Diver Chrono Icon_smile Also the case is amazingly thick,
reminiscent of a Kobold perhaps. Even the case back is well done
and I like the red accent on the dial and pusher. Great pictures !
Enjoy this one !

Senior Associate
Anomaly

ZITC Diver Chrono Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZITC Diver Chrono   ZITC Diver Chrono Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:35 pm

WOW...never heard of that one. Will have to look up more pics!

Congrats and thanks for the new brand introduction!

Last edited by Anomaly on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

ZITC Diver Chrono Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZITC Diver Chrono   ZITC Diver Chrono Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:38 pm

Huge big case, very good looking! Little surprised it's only rated at 100meters! Grat find for the price!
Back to top Go down

ZITC Diver Chrono Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZITC Diver Chrono   ZITC Diver Chrono Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:26 pm

Fantastic looking watch, it looks like it's built like a tank. I'd love to own your Scooby.
Back to top Go down

ZITC Diver Chrono Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZITC Diver Chrono   ZITC Diver Chrono Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:12 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
like a 7750 would be in there ! ZITC Diver Chrono Icon_smile Also the case is amazingly thick,
Enjoy this one !

The case shape is IDENTICAL to that of the Oris Carlos Coste diver. Even the lug spacing is the same. The only difference is that the crown and pushers are in the "righty" configuration on the ZITC versus "lefty" on the ORIS. The ZITC does feature the same style screw down crown and pushers and the case back design is the same minus the Carlos Coste medallion. The ZITC brushed finish is obviously not quite up to the same standard as the ORIS and the ZITC is not a numbered limited edition.

cali kid wrote:
Huge big case, very good looking! Little surprised it's only rated at 100meters! Grat find for the price!

I have not opened the case on either watch so I cannot tell you if the seals are different inside but I would presume that they are since the Oris is 1000m rated.

Needless to say if you want an ORIS diver homage for 1/30th the price this is probably the best bang for the buck.

falcon4311 wrote:
Fantastic looking watch, it looks like it's built like a tank. I'd love to own your Scooby.

Another one of my longtime grails. Happily I snagged one on the 'Bay for a STEAL!
Back to top Go down

ZITC Diver Chrono Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZITC Diver Chrono   ZITC Diver Chrono Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:22 pm

Damn, that's a fine looking watch! I'm supposed to be saving for a 7750 but you are making that really tough right now! ZITC Diver Chrono Icon_evil Nice review, thx!

FWIW, the other two watches are great too!
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

ZITC Diver Chrono Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZITC Diver Chrono   ZITC Diver Chrono Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:51 am

Very nice looking design.

This from the link was funny:
"Zitc 44mm Giant Fully Chronograph Black Dial Diver Watch with Stainless Steel Chain"

Steel chain. lol!
Back to top Go down

ZITC Diver Chrono Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZITC Diver Chrono   ZITC Diver Chrono Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 4:02 am

:-( That beauty has been out of stock for some time. ZITC Diver Chrono 500253 ZITC Diver Chrono 500253 ZITC Diver Chrono 500253
Back to top Go down

ZITC Diver Chrono Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZITC Diver Chrono   ZITC Diver Chrono Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 8:55 am

AlbertaTime wrote:
:-( That beauty has been out of stock for some time. ZITC Diver Chrono 500253 ZITC Diver Chrono 500253 ZITC Diver Chrono 500253

I know... I missed getting one by one day, and they have not been available since.

Wonder if they'll ever get more, as it's been several months.
Back to top Go down

ZITC Diver Chrono Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZITC Diver Chrono   ZITC Diver Chrono Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 9:57 am

cali kid wrote:

Are you sure of the WR rating Trev? I could have sworn it said 50 meters. Which to me is even more surprising! Great looking watch though.
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

ZITC Diver Chrono Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZITC Diver Chrono   ZITC Diver Chrono Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:23 am

Datsun240Z71 wrote:
AlbertaTime wrote:

I know... I missed getting one by one day, and they have not been available since.

Wonder if they'll ever get more, as it's been several months.

I have looked everywhere for the all metal one I posted above and it seems to be unavailable everywhere.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

ZITC Diver Chrono Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZITC Diver Chrono   ZITC Diver Chrono Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:44 am

Nice looking watch for the $$! 18.5mm is pretty thick (Holy Cow).....Enjoy it!

ZITC Diver Chrono Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

ZITC Diver Chrono Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZITC Diver Chrono   ZITC Diver Chrono Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:25 pm

Motegi wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
Enjoy this one !

The case shape is IDENTICAL to that of the Oris Carlos Coste diver. Even the lug spacing is the same. The only difference is that the crown and pushers are in the "righty" configuration on the ZITC versus "lefty" on the ORIS. The ZITC does feature the same style screw down crown and pushers and the case back design is the same minus the Carlos Coste medallion. The ZITC brushed finish is obviously not quite up to the same standard as the ORIS and the ZITC is not a numbered limited edition.

cali kid wrote:

I have not opened the case on either watch so I cannot tell you if the seals are different inside but I would presume that they are since the Oris is 1000m rated.

Needless to say if you want an ORIS diver homage for 1/30th the price this is probably the best bang for the buck.

falcon4311 wrote:

Another one of my longtime grails. Happily I snagged one on the 'Bay for a STEAL!

Thanks for the detailed description and further insight into the watch ! ZITC Diver Chrono Icon_smile It sounds GREAT..ENJOY !

ZITC Diver Chrono Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZITC Diver Chrono   ZITC Diver Chrono Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ZITC Diver Chrono
Page 1 of 1