The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The new wave of "Homage"s!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

The new wave of "Homage"s!! Empty
PostSubject: The new wave of "Homage"s!!   The new wave of "Homage"s!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:44 pm

Most of us are used to equating an "homage" as a repro of a classic watch done to a LOWER standard than the origingal .. ex: Rolex Sub done using an ETA, a Benrus minus the solid back, a Blancpain minus the in-house movt and bakelite bezel..etc...etc..

IMO, the new wave of homages should look to a higher standard, IMPROVING on the original watch, in build, movement, accessories, and quality...

After wearing my modded Tsunami for one week, I'm impressed. To me, this is what Seiko SHOULD have done when they released the Sumo. Hack/handwind 6R15 movt, 5.05mm thick sapphire, cushion case, beefy bracelet with ALL separate links and dive extansion, options for crowns and bezels, 22mm lugs with drilled lug holes, and all comfort all the time. The new wave of "Homage"s!! Happy

Here's quick comparison with a 6309 mod..."mod for mod"

The new wave of "Homage"s!! SALESPRDCTS060

The new wave of "Homage"s!! SALESPRDCTS059

The new wave of "Homage"s!! SALESPRDCTS061

Cheers! The new wave of "Homage"s!! Happy

Jake B
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new wave of "Homage"s!!   The new wave of "Homage"s!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:44 pm

That new case is just sick and the bracelet!! Blows seiko away and you're right about the homage being better than the real deal on this piece!! My next watch! The new wave of "Homage"s!! 812159
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new wave of "Homage"s!!   The new wave of "Homage"s!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:48 pm

Haha!...Thanks, man. I can't take the bloody thing offa my wrist! I've got some very neglected Omega, Tissot and Seikos right now, but this thing is STEALING the SHOW!

cali kid wrote:
That new case is just sick and the bracelet!! Blows seiko away and you're right about the homage being better than the real deal on this piece!! My next watch! The new wave of "Homage"s!! 812159
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: The new wave of "Homage"s!!   The new wave of "Homage"s!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:51 pm

Yours looks much more solid to the eye...

PostSubject: Solid as a set of Russian brass-knuckles, brotha!   The new wave of "Homage"s!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:07 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Yours looks much more solid to the eye...
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: The new wave of "Homage"s!!   The new wave of "Homage"s!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:59 pm

Jake..You just might have coined a new term for the
Tsunami !..Homage + Improvement = Improveage ! The new wave of "Homage"s!! Icon_smile
The Tsunami is an Improveage ! The new wave of "Homage"s!! Alien Or it could also
be known as an Homprovement ! The new wave of "Homage"s!! Icon_biggrin In any case, it
is actually better than the original IMO..so that's
pretty cool !

PostSubject: Solid as a set of Russian brass-knuckles, brotha!   The new wave of "Homage"s!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:03 am

"Solid as a set of Russian brass-knuckles, brotha!"
I like it ...
cheers

The new wave of "Homage"s!! TsunamiLume
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new wave of "Homage"s!!   The new wave of "Homage"s!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 1:00 am

Not much to say other than I love it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new wave of "Homage"s!!   The new wave of "Homage"s!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:39 am

man that's cool! Nice thick bezel and crystal, awesome bracelet. maybe a small thing but I love that crown too.
I'll will have to get one soon. Excellent watch!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: barnbuilder1   The new wave of "Homage"s!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 3:23 am

there are about 11 different crowns

The new wave of "Homage"s!! Crowns
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: The new wave of "Homage"s!!   The new wave of "Homage"s!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:17 am

Wow, Noah! you never showed me those! Your Tsunami really will be a special watch for those buying it...totally gving the person his personal touch! Most excellent, Amigo!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new wave of "Homage"s!!   The new wave of "Homage"s!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new wave of "Homage"s!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: