The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
thianwong
Senior Associate

My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. Empty
PostSubject: My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974.   My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:38 pm

this is a great model with auto/handwinding/hacking and 28,800bph. The crystal is faceted and watch has a gold plated bezel. About 37mm to crown. These models were made in the Daini factory, not Suwa factory in Japan.
When I had found it used in a store, the wife bought it as my Xmas present! what a gal!My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. Rightangle2largerdial
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974.   My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:39 pm

Very nice, looks to be in great shape.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974.   My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:42 pm

What a great looking Seiko, love the faceted crystal!

My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: thanks guys....usually I'm not a blingy watch man.   My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:56 pm

but as I got older, I began to lean to the gold two toned watches! hahaha! Regressing, I guess... cheers
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974.   My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:57 pm

very nice watch!!! Thanks for showing us...keep them coming!!! My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. 588107
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974.   My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:58 pm

thianwong wrote:
but as I got older, I began to lean to the gold two toned watches! hahaha! Regressing, I guess... cheers

Just leaves more SS for the rest of us. Can't really bring myself to wear gold watches - did 25 years ago but not these days. Still appreciate a vintage gold watch in great shape though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974.   My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:03 pm

very cool vintage piece, great find!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974.   My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:07 pm

Classic and clean. My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. Icon_biggrin Lets see what else in in the box!!
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: haha..okay...here is a nice   My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:19 pm

cski wrote:
Classic and clean. My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. Icon_biggrin Lets see what else in in the box!!

Seiko SUS model Perpetual with great iridescent blue dial and the only diver model in the SUS line. I call it my Rolex Explorer homage haha!
In 1992 to 2000, Seiko introduced their SUS line to the youth of the day, who were weaned on digital watches. The engineers had specific design parameters for this SUS line: the hands must be first to be seen, then the dial and lastly the bezel. So, all SUS watches had bare bezels. The hands were distinctive with the blunt square ends and the date was at the 4 position. All models were midsized.....

My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. FlowersflashautoMontageSeikoSUSPERP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974.   My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:22 pm

Another beauty! Showing a whole new side of Seiko...good stuff.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974.   My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:47 pm

Thian..Both of these are models I haven't seen before ! My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. Icon_biggrin
The first one looks brand new, it's in tremendous shape.
I like those markers on the first one with the dual level
look..EXCELLENT ! It has an immaculate dial, along with
classic case ! My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. Icon_smile The second Seiko has a fantastic dial,
and the bezel is perfect with that clean industrial like
theme ! Also the 12 and 6 markers are a nice touch, as
is the brushed finish on the watch ! Thanks for showing
us these !

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974.   My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 2:35 am

Here is a nice rescued 1996 Seiko Sport 100 two tone. A fellow in the Netherlands got it in a lot buy he had purchased. The stem/crown had corroded and broke off. He kindly gave it to me. So, I sent it to a buddy in Vancouver Canada who managed to find a make-do stem and crown, replaced the old original capacitor which did not hold a charge, and cleaned under the bezel. This model has a presentation back too! Unusual! Just had the bracelet resized today....nice and blingy! hahaha!

My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. MontageSeikoKineticSport100fromRene
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974.   My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 2:37 am

Seiko-delic cool man!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974.   My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 5:03 pm

THIS is excellent Thian ! Thanks for showing these too..They are new to
me ! My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. Icon_smile Look at that bezel..WOW ! VERY bold and the theme continues
into the bracelet. At the same time it's really elegant also, especially with
the markers, hands, and that circle accent on the dial ! Two thumbs up ! My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. Icon_biggrin

PostSubject: Re: My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974.   My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 5:59 pm

thianwong wrote:
this is a great model with auto/handwinding/hacking and 28,800bph. The crystal is faceted and watch has a gold plated bezel. About 37mm to crown. These models were made in the Daini factory, not Suwa factory in Japan.
When I had found it used in a store, the wife bought it as my Xmas present! what a gal!My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. Rightangle2largerdial

Hey Thian, can your wife buy me my Christmas present this year! What a woman!!! She's definately a keeper and so is that Seiko! My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974.   My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:01 pm

Duff, we both know how Asian babes are jealous! hehehe! You just have to train them right! hahahaha!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974.   My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My wonderful vintage Seiko Lordmatic SPECIAL 1974.
Page 1 of 1