The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SAN Jump Hour?!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

SAN Jump Hour?! Empty
PostSubject: SAN Jump Hour?!   SAN Jump Hour?! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:24 pm

There's a new SAN series numbered 1.4, 2.4 etc. the Bugatti Veyron of watches aaccording to the pitch. The last revealed is a Unitas 6497 powered jump hour. Interesting...but it retains the rotating diver's timing bezel SAN Jump Hour?! Icon_scratch ....

Check them out if you still have visiting privledges
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

SAN Jump Hour?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAN Jump Hour?!   SAN Jump Hour?! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:32 pm

Hmmm....didn't know about the jump hour offering.

Interesting but need to see it on TV
Probably won't buy it anyway - Personally SAN3'd out

Not moved in any way whatsoever.
Just a 5040F with a different dial cutout treatment

Hand painted dial - interesting idea
Day display vent and Seconds turbine - Tacky

Jump hour - Ultra tacky
Poor execution with signage and red arrows pointing to Sec., Hr, Min, etc.
Sorry - just plain awful to me

Last edited by jaw on Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

SAN Jump Hour?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAN Jump Hour?!   SAN Jump Hour?! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:45 am

. . . . Invicta slam approaching . . . albino

. . . . what is this? Get rid of the last of Lalo's left over SAN III parts before the IV comes out.

I rarely vehemently declare my distaste this way, bit I detest that crap . . . . SAN Jump Hour?! Smiley-angry021
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

SAN Jump Hour?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAN Jump Hour?!   SAN Jump Hour?! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:13 am

randyswagon wrote:
. . . . Invicta slam approaching . . . albino

. . . . what is this? Get rid of the last of Lalo's left over SAN III parts before the IV comes out.

I rarely vehemently declare my distaste this way, bit I detest that crap . . . . SAN Jump Hour?! Smiley-angry021

No slam, nothin personal - just the facts from my POV.
Eyal is trying to sell watches - leverage the SAN brand - I get it.
I just don't like 'em
Back to top Go down

SAN Jump Hour?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAN Jump Hour?!   SAN Jump Hour?! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:25 am

jumped in and looked at them but don't care for any of the dials
Back to top Go down

SAN Jump Hour?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAN Jump Hour?!   SAN Jump Hour?! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:51 am

OK, I really liked the SANIII, but this new version does absolutely NOTHING for me at all! Plus, being an Invicta, I probably wouldn't buy it anyway. I'm pretty much over my Invicta infatuation.
Back to top Go down

SAN Jump Hour?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAN Jump Hour?!   SAN Jump Hour?! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:53 am

A jump hour with a timing bezel SAN Jump Hour?! 744742
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

SAN Jump Hour?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAN Jump Hour?!   SAN Jump Hour?! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:18 am

I like jump hours, someone post a pic of it please...

SAN Jump Hour?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAN Jump Hour?!   SAN Jump Hour?! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:23 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Unfortunately the only pics are JS sneak peek shots with all the " property of...do not use" warnings
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

SAN Jump Hour?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAN Jump Hour?!   SAN Jump Hour?! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:29 pm

cski wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Unfortunately the only pics are JS sneak peek shots with all the " property of...do not use" warnings

Is it on the main page?

Senior Associate
Anomaly

SAN Jump Hour?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAN Jump Hour?!   SAN Jump Hour?! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:38 pm

I also have to ask, does such print on a pic such as "only use with permission of, property of, etc" REALLY hold up it it is NOT legitimately copyrighted material?

Senior Associate
andrema

SAN Jump Hour?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAN Jump Hour?!   SAN Jump Hour?! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:46 pm

cski wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
I think after I posted that really bad lume job on the Imperious Gearhead thread a month or so ago he started putting that on his pictures to avoid any embarassment beyond WG.

SAN Jump Hour?! User4_pic14252_1266380170-1

Maybe I can get his express consent to use it... SAN Jump Hour?! Icon_geek BTW - Alan you have PM SAN Jump Hour?! Icon_biggrin

Senior Associate
Anomaly

SAN Jump Hour?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAN Jump Hour?!   SAN Jump Hour?! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:48 pm

Ok, don't ask, dont' tell into play here...

I just saw a picture of the new Invicta and it is NOT a Jump Hour. It has an hour "window" that shows many numbers (10, 11, 12, 1) much like the expanded date windows do with an arrow pointing at the appropriate hour. For a watch to be a JUMP HOUR, the hour should literally JUMP from one to the next, NOT show a gradual progression.

THESE are actual JUMP HOUR watches:

SAN Jump Hour?! Bell-and-ross-vintage-jumping-hour-double-subdial-platinum-grey-dial-watch

SAN Jump Hour?! Raymond-weil-don-giovanni-jump-hour-watch

SAN Jump Hour?! Jump5il6

And the ULTIMATE Jump Hour:

SAN Jump Hour?! Breitling-flying-b-for-bentley-watch-1

SAN Jump Hour?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAN Jump Hour?!   SAN Jump Hour?! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 3:13 pm

Non-commercial use for purposes of review are exempted under "Fair use" sections of the copyright law of the US. Basically, you post it online and you expect it to be used and/or linked to but you have recourse when someone does so and attempts to profit from that use OR claims ownership of the item.

SAN Jump Hour?! 588107
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

SAN Jump Hour?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAN Jump Hour?!   SAN Jump Hour?! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 3:47 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Non-commercial use for purposes of review are exempted under "Fair use" sections of the copyright law of the US. Basically, you post it online and you expect it to be used and/or linked to but you have recourse when someone does so and attempts to profit from that use OR claims ownership of the item.

SAN Jump Hour?! 588107

Good to know...

SAN Jump Hour?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAN Jump Hour?!   SAN Jump Hour?! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Docrwm wrote:

SAN Jump Hour?! 588107

I was wondering about that, why couldn't someone post the pictures for reference, as long they are not using it for purposes of gain or saying it's their own. Why wouldn't Invicta want these to be posted on every watch forum so that they can increase the sales?
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

SAN Jump Hour?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAN Jump Hour?!   SAN Jump Hour?! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 4:04 pm

ROUGH rendering...

SAN Jump Hour?! InvictaJump

SAN Jump Hour?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAN Jump Hour?!   SAN Jump Hour?! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 4:35 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Ok, don't ask, dont' tell into play here...

I just saw a picture of the new Invicta and it is NOT a Jump Hour. It has an hour "window" that shows many numbers (10, 11, 12, 1) much like the expanded date windows do with an arrow pointing at the appropriate hour. For a watch to be a JUMP HOUR, the hour should literally JUMP from one to the next, NOT show a gradual progression.

THESE are actual JUMP HOUR watches:

SAN Jump Hour?! Bell-and-ross-vintage-jumping-hour-double-subdial-platinum-grey-dial-watch

SAN Jump Hour?! Raymond-weil-don-giovanni-jump-hour-watch

SAN Jump Hour?! Jump5il6

And the ULTIMATE Jump Hour:

SAN Jump Hour?! Breitling-flying-b-for-bentley-watch-1

More like a limp hour then! In any event a timing bezel is useless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SAN Jump Hour?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAN Jump Hour?!   SAN Jump Hour?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SAN Jump Hour?!
Page 1 of 1