The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beadblasting: Before & After

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Beadblasting: Before & After Empty
PostSubject: Beadblasting: Before & After   Beadblasting: Before & After Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:34 am

I picked this watch up preowned about two weeks ago, and sent it off a few days later to MotorCity WatchWorks (http://motorcitywatchworks.com/works.html) for beadblasting as the titanium finish that came on the watch was already showing wear marks and such. Jay at MCWW has been great as far as communicating, etc. and last night he sent me the "after" pic and is shipping the watch out today. I think it looks great and cannot say enough about Jay's service.
Before (seller's pic):
Beadblasting: Before & After Zodiaczo6700
After beadblasting pic courtesy of Jay at MCWW:
Beadblasting: Before & After Zo6700blasted
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beadblasting: Before & After   Beadblasting: Before & After Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:38 am

Randy,

Congratulations. I think Jay does terrific work too. Great communication and very responsive to requests.

Here's my MCWW Monster.
Beadblasting: Before & After TwinsCasebacksandbraceletscleanedup
Beadblasting: Before & After OMCasebackcloseglowscleanedup

I really appreciated him being willing to take the time to spare the Tsunami logo on the caseback and leave it polished. I think it makes it SOOOO much more than if it were all BB'd.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Beadblasting: Before & After   Beadblasting: Before & After Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:33 am

Wow, that is very cool...LOOKS GREAT!

PostSubject: Re: Beadblasting: Before & After   Beadblasting: Before & After Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:20 am

First off let me say the watch looks great, hopefully when you get it home its what you wanted.....

and I will add as well, Jay is nothing but great to deal with, I cant wait till I get my modded piece from him.....MCWW is a great company with great service.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beadblasting: Before & After   Beadblasting: Before & After Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:09 pm

Great finish on that Z, another great ally in the modding world in Jay at MCWW!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beadblasting: Before & After   Beadblasting: Before & After Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:42 pm

very nice job done by Jay! I've used duarte at NEWW and another real good friend of our forum and while the job duarte did was very nice the friend of our forum puts a little love in his work! Beadblasting: Before & After Icon_king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beadblasting: Before & After   Beadblasting: Before & After Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:45 pm

looks perfect, Jay does great work!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Beadblasting: Before & After   Beadblasting: Before & After Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:20 pm

I thought the Zodiac looked good before, but NOW..it's INCREDIBLE !!! Beadblasting: Before & After Icon_biggrin
Bead blasting seems like such a cool process and it REALLY changes
the look of a watch for the better. It kind of looks like titanium, but
is a little deeper in color. REAL nice ! Congratulations !!!..EXCELLENT
looking Seiko as well Doc !

TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Beadblasting: Before & After   Beadblasting: Before & After Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:35 pm

thats a great looking zodiac, the bead blasting puts it over the top. i just contacted jay about doing one of my watches. congrats and enjoy. steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beadblasting: Before & After   Beadblasting: Before & After Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:37 pm

Very cool, enjoy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beadblasting: Before & After   Beadblasting: Before & After Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:33 am

Randy, thanks for posting and thanks everybody else for the positive comments. That Zodiac is a very well built watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beadblasting: Before & After   Beadblasting: Before & After Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 12:29 am

Incredible job!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beadblasting: Before & After   Beadblasting: Before & After Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:38 am

. . . looks great! Made an already nice watch a step better. I do dig the blasted finish, gives it that very mechanical feel . . . :!:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beadblasting: Before & After   Beadblasting: Before & After Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beadblasting: Before & After
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Horological Information :: Parts/Mod Links and Reference-
Jump to: