The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks - Relume

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume Empty
PostSubject: Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks - Relume   Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:03 am

I know a few of you have used Everest Watchworks (Kent Parks) to relume some of your watches. I noticed that we do not have any reference to his site, so I wanted to make sure that we have it listed here at XMT. The site has some nice examples of his work, so go check it out!!

http://www.everestwatchworks.com/

If you have any pictures of his work, please feel free to share it!

Here is axcerpt from his 2009 Pricelist...

Everest Watchworks Information and Prices Jan 2009:

Relume charges are as follows:
$74.00 and up: for reluming the dial with Super-LumiNova™️ *
$38.00 to strip and relume the hands with your choice of Super-LumiNova™️ *
$44.00 for GMT Hand Set w/ choice of Super-LumiNova™️
$25.00 extra for premium glossy lume on re-lume.
$35.00 extra for reluming some chronographs

$25.00 water testing to 165’
$65.00 min. shop charge

* please read Super-LumiNova™️ choices below.

Shipping and handling charges: Continental United States......$7.50 plus insurance, 35.00 to most other courntries
Insurance ......................$2.50 for first 100.00 $1.00 for each additi.$1.00

We can take deposits with PayPal at : kparks@everestwatchworks.com

The "luminous value" of the different colors of superluminova varies. Here is the list of the lumes we offer and how they compare to each other.

From most luminous to least luminous Super-LumiNova™️
1. C3 (light green) similar to what is used in the Orange Monster Seiko diver
2. C7 (green)
3. Vintage lume (Everest blend of several colors) used in first model of aviator
4. Blue lume
5. Bright yellow
6. Gold (Everest blend of colors)
7. C1/C3 blend (This is a blend, a 3:1 mix of C1 white: C3 light green) Its boosts the lume value of white and keeps the daylight color mostly white
8. Orange lume
9. Orange/Red combination
10. White (Blue Glow)
11. White (Green Glow)
12. Red

PostSubject: Re: Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks - Relume   Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:29 am

He is doing a dial and hands for a customer of mine, I'll post pics when the parts arrive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks - Relume   Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 2:28 am

i used kent a couple times with great results, think you guys remember the autopilot that just looked like a torch when he was done with it!
My lume shot suck but here are a few!
Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume 100_1946

Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume 100_1949

Then he did a O&W oceanmaster that i wanted the lume to look white but glow blue...

Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume 100_2003

Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume 100_2008

Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume 100_2007
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks - Relume   Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 3:03 am

Great lume Trevor, I need to eventually get a couple dials done by him.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks - Relume   Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 3:12 am

They really do some TREMENDOUS work ! Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume Icon_biggrin Looking at all of the different types of lume they
have is AMAZING !!! Thanks for the link Mark !..Trevor, those lume shots couldn't get much
brighter or better either !

Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks - Relume   Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:34 am

Hey Trev...would you trust him to re-lume your Seawolf?

PostSubject: Re: Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks - Relume   Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:35 am

Kent relumed the hands and dial on my Seiko Bullhead about three years ago. FANTASTIC WORK!

I can't wait to get it back from Bob Thayer Jr. after the remaining mechanical and cosmetic restoration is completed. He's had it about a month now, but I'm in no hurry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks - Relume   Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:21 pm

Good job Mark. Very nice work and the pics speak for themselves. Speaking of torches.... Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume 61163
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks - Relume   Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:50 pm

Anomaly wrote:

For sure, look close at the orange dial out in the sun, i took that shot to show how clean his work looks when not glowing! Think Sean is racing his car this weekend but he has had kent lume some high-end stuff, sure when he see's the thread he can show some great lume shots!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks - Relume   Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:40 pm

cali kid wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

For sure, look close at the orange dial out in the sun, i took that shot to show how clean his work looks when not glowing! Think Sean is racing his car this weekend but he has had kent lume some high-end stuff, sure when he see's the thread he can show some great lume shots!

I'm sure he would do a great job on the lume, but wouldn't you be worried about the seals and COSC rating afterward?

PostSubject: Re: Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks - Relume   Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:48 pm

You can give him a call alan, he is a nice man and would answer your questions! I went crazy about lume but it was a faze and pretty much just happy with stock lume whether its good or bad! Kobold sucks but it sucks the same all night, some start brite but fade to nothing in a hurry! Im going to try to do some lume but first off is a sandwich dial and it will be almost impossible to screw it up! i hope..... Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume Icon_pale
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks - Relume   Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 2:19 pm

Alan,

For sure the seals would be an issue. However, COSC has nothing to do with the cased watch itself and applies ONLY to the movement. So, that aspect of the watch would remain unchanged by any work done to the watch.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks - Relume   Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 2:35 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Alan,

For sure the seals would be an issue. However, COSC has nothing to do with the cased watch itself and applies ONLY to the movement. So, that aspect of the watch would remain unchanged by any work done to the watch.
The only issue would be the warranty...assuming there is still come time left...if not, go for it!!!

PostSubject: Re: Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks - Relume   Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:01 pm

How can i get in contact with Kent Parks? I'm very interested in a custom 24 hr. watch he has on his site. When I've tried to E-mail him it says that the address doesn't exist. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks - Relume   Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:04 pm

Just use the site that is listed at the top of this post. Email is available on Everest WatchWorks site.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks - Relume   Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:05 pm

everest watch works site...

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks - Relume   Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:06 pm

Here is another shot of the Tsunami relume...took forever, but very good work!

Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume DSC08544

PostSubject: Re: Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks - Relume   Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:42 pm

thanks guys. i've tried that before and and for some reason it didn't work this time it did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks - Relume   Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks  - Relume Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kent Parks/Everest Watchworks - Relume
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: Horological Information :: Parts/Mod Links and Reference-
Jump to: