The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Would Love your Help!!

Go down 
+3
andrema
Anomaly
Northwestguy
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Would Love your Help!! Empty
PostSubject: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:47 pm

Hey Guys, I have been looking to get a dress watch that is round and has a white face and in the 42mm range. I am budgeting for no more than 1200.00 (less is always nice!). I have come across 2 styles that i really like:

The Raymond Weil Freelancer, open heart design:

Would Love your Help!! Movadobaby_2094_398454965

AND

Botta Design Tres Automatic

Would Love your Help!! BottaTresAutoWhiteL

I would appreciate your opinions on the 2 styles and on the companies themselves. If you have any other brand suggestions that might meet my criteria, I would also appreciate your input. Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:02 pm

I like the dial on the second better but no lugs are a problem.
If you can, find a place where you can hold them, really know which you like. I'm starting to do this when possible
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:09 pm

barnbuilder1 wrote:
I like the dial on the second better but no lugs are a problem.
If you can, find a place where you can hold them, really know which you like. I'm starting to do this when possible

I agree Ron.......Jared's has Raymond Weil and I can get there but Botta is not around.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:12 pm

Would Love your Help!! Movadobaby_2094_353562504

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:14 pm

I would probably get the second, different is good and that's a cool watch with the fine hands and numbers. I don't know the specs on them though, that might make a difference.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:15 pm

Anomaly wrote:

I like the watch Alan but it's a little more on the sportier side.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:15 pm

Northwestguy wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

I like the watch Alan but it's a little more on the sportier side.

I'll keep looking...

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:16 pm

barnbuilder1 wrote:
I would probably get the second, different is good and that's a cool watch with the fine hands and numbers. I don't know the specs on them though, that might make a difference.

Both are 42mm, white dial, eta autos.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:19 pm

???

Would Love your Help!! L11209778

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:30 pm

Anomaly wrote:
???

Would Love your Help!! L12349160

Thanks again Alan. I am looking for a 2 or 3 hand. I really love the clean look of the Botta but I am concerned about NO LUGS. Some of the trouble I have had looking is in size....42mm. Stowa has a beutiful, similar look to the Botta but it is 39mm

Would Love your Help!! 1202912843-10716

As Ron stated, it would be great to see and hold these watches in person. I may have to compromise on size and look. I think it would be a good idea to go to a dealer and see what the sizes themselves will look like and try to find similar styles to compar.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:36 pm

Northwestguy wrote:
Hey Guys, I have been looking to get a dress watch that is round and has a white face and in the 42mm range. I am budgeting for no more than 1200.00 (less is always nice!). I have come across 2 styles that i really like:

The Raymond Weil Freelancer, open heart design:

Would Love your Help!! Movadobaby_2094_398454965

AND

Botta Design Tres Automatic

Would Love your Help!! BottaTresAutoWhiteL

I would appreciate your opinions on the 2 styles and on the companies themselves. If you have any other brand suggestions that might meet my criteria, I would also appreciate your input. Thanks!

Look at the Stowa Marine Original (handwind or auto)... www.stowa.de

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:40 pm

[
Look at the Stowa Marine Original (handwind or auto)... www.stowa.de[/quote]

Thanks Mark. I did see those and I am considering them as well. I appreciate your help.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:04 pm

BTW, does anyone have any experiences or Knowledge with the above brands: RW, Stowa, Botta?
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:15 pm

I read this thread and was going to suggest the Stowa Marine original in white dial but the other Mark has already done so. Plus 1 I say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:54 pm

The stowa is outstanding and would be a classic dress piece! Not sure who much they run?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:56 pm

cali kid wrote:
The stowa is outstanding and would be a classic dress piece! Not sure who much they run?

From the link it looked like anywhere from 450 to over 800 euros, depending on what's inside.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:56 pm

Would Love your Help!! 41-M6N7yL7L._SL500_AA280_

Would Love your Help!! 413C6ENgQXL._SL500_AA280_
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:00 pm

Nice one doc, the oris is classic and would cost as much!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:02 pm

cali kid wrote:
Nice one doc, the oris is classic and would cost as much!

Thanks. They are both nice. There are also some Longines but I can't seem to track them down just now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:05 pm

Found one!

Would Love your Help!! L2.684.4.16.3
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:09 pm

cali kid wrote:

I've seen them used on WUS for around $1000-1200. I think John could find one in his price range with a little patience.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:12 pm

merichar wrote:
cali kid wrote:

I've seen them used on WUS for around $1000-1200. I think John could find one in his price range with a little patience.

If thats the case Mark and it was in my budget it would be my first choice! that thing will be an amazing watch 50 years from now, classic styling!
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:25 pm

Just looked on WUS. The MO LE with red 12 was made in a series of 80 pieces. Thats the most expensive one around 1500-2000. The MO with ETA 6498 is around $1200 new, they have an auto model with ETA 2824 which can be bought used for around $500 or so.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:06 am

merichar wrote:
Just looked on WUS. The MO LE with red 12 was made in a series of 80 pieces. Thats the most expensive one around 1500-2000. The MO with ETA 6498 is around $1200 new, they have an auto model with ETA 2824 which can be bought used for around $500 or so.

Thanks Mark! and thank you to everyone for your input and comments. I'm checking the MO out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:27 am

Great choice John, hope you find one and cant wait to see the pics!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:31 am

Let's see here NWG ! Would Love your Help!! Icon_smile The RW is NICE, especially with the open heart
as well. The dial is easy to read, while the braclet looks like a masterpiece
too. The Botta is good also, looks classy, along with thin..DEFINITELY an
elegant one there. So, from my point of view, BOTH fit your criteria and
both are indeed NICE ! Would Love your Help!! 803574 Here a just a few more to consider also...

Zeno Megellano 42mm http://www.longislandwatch.com/Zeno/Zeno-Watches_1.htm

Would Love your Help!! 6069DD-E2_4

Graf Zeppelin 42mm http://www.longislandwatch.com/GZ/Graf_Zeppelin_Watches_1.htm

Would Love your Help!! 7652-1_2

Oris Artelier 42.5mm
http://www.authenticwatches.com/oris-artelier-small-second-pointer-day-64475974051mb.html

Would Love your Help!! Movadobaby_2092_230904941

Tissot Ballade III 41mm http://www.authenticwatches.com/tissot-ballade-iii-automatic-t97148331.html

Would Love your Help!! Movadobaby_2094_495199236

Hamilton Jazzmaster 42mm http://www.authenticwatches.com/hamilton-jazzmaster-h32585557.html

Would Love your Help!! Movadobaby_2092_224463349

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:34 am

Thanks Tom! Liking the Zeno!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:51 am

Northwestguy wrote:
Thanks Tom! Liking the Zeno!

You are welcome sir ! Would Love your Help!! Icon_smile They are all incredibly cool and which
ever one you pick is going to be perfect for you !..Good luck and
keep us up to date with this !

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:25 am

Would Love your Help!! DSC00351
not white but still serious
Would Love your Help!! DSC00400
Would Love your Help!! Catalog_hamilton_en-113
Would Love your Help!! Muhleglashuttesportm12white_130_det
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:28 am

Thanks Sean! All great choices. Thanks again everyone. I have some thinking I have to do. You guys will be the first to know!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:31 am

borrowed from mike pic from photo contest #7, forgot about this beauty! Great watch and pic

Would Love your Help!! IMG_2055
Back to top Go down
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:00 am

FYI, that's a Baume & Mercier 8735 Classima Executives.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:43 am

Hey you had it narrowed down to two and now you got like 50 to chose from!! Ain't you glad you asked!! Would Love your Help!! Icon_eek

I would track down an Oris, the pointer date Tom posted looks awesome. Good luck

Would Love your Help!! Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Botta Design Tres Automatic is a winner   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:14 pm

Botta Design Tres Automatic is a winner
Rado is great too ...
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:46 am

Northwestguy wrote:
[
Look at the Stowa Marine Original (handwind or auto)... www.stowa.de

Thanks Mark. I did see those and I am considering them as well. I appreciate your help.[/quote]Here is a Stowa MO that is at TZ...
http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=4956916&rid=0

PostSubject: Re: Would Love your Help!!   Would Love your Help!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would Love your Help!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next