The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod

Go down 
+2
Northwestguy
AtomicTom
6 posters
AuthorMessage

quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Empty
PostSubject: quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod   quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:53 pm

Awhile back I posted about my modding fiasco, my jacked up dial and some unrelenting Crazy Glue. Got the rest of the stuff and decided to have at it again. it's funny how you might start something and by the time you're done it looks a whole lot different than planned. Was going to use this Rolex bezel insert on the right, but didn't work out (just not the right fit, too much dome, gap in the ring.
Of course you know the dial situation; decided to go for a different look second go around. Tried to work the Rollie bezel....was not gonna happen. I liked that stupid little red "pip" (as Trevor calls them!)...so I popped it out, Dremmeled a stock insert and epoxyed it in place. Also got the little Seiko emblem to work out. And did some detail work on the rotor painting the Seiko and movement description. Finished it off with a black red stitch carbon fiber strapand Voila! Well, not completely. I did not intentionally leave off the second hand. I lost it in my pile of watch mod crap. All black with a red lume filled box end. So here it is for now (new hand on the way); Thanks to Noah, Harold and Jay for the goods, and all the great mod stuff here for inspiration. Crappy pics...DAMN I gotta get my light box up and just take some real pics!!!

quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Proj2a

quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Proj2b

quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Proj2g

quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Proj2f

quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Proj2e

quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Proj2d
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod   quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 pm

quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod 46145 quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod 803574 I'm speechless Chris !!! You did an EXCEPTIONAL job
with this watch sir ! I mean, first of all I don't really know how
you guys are able to do this, even though you explain it very
well ! quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Icon_eek quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Icon_cheers ..It's just TERRIFIC in every way ! Excellent bezel,
STUNNING dial ( Seiko emblem looks awesome ), hands, case,
movement, and strap ! I don't know how you got those things
painted on the movement, but WOW ! The red stitching on your
strap really shows off that red on the bezel too ! It has to be
EXTREMELY fun and rewarding doing this ! I know it's fun for
me, just looking at the watch !..CONGRATULATIONS and I know
you are going to be ENJOYING this one sir ! quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Icon_smile

PostSubject: Re: quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod   quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 11:57 pm

Nice watch mod Chris! The dial and the snowflake hands look good together. Did you put the see through caseback on as well? Always a pleasure to see your work!

quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod 46145 quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod 46145 quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod 46145 quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod 46145
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod   quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 11:58 pm

Awesome Chris! You modders are killing me. I love seeing what you guys are doing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod   quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 12:20 am

Damn that is one SUHWEEEEET MOD Chris!!! quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod   quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 12:30 am

Great modding Chris!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod   quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:20 am

. . . . turned out really well Chris! Glad you won the battle. Dig the red accents.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod   quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:35 am

Looks great Bro, i've got 3 going and they are all turning to quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod 500253 at the same time!! This mod business isnt easy as Ron, Noah, Jake and Jay make it out to be! quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod 812159
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod   quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:58 am

Glad you got it to work out Chris....the results are worth it.

quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod   quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:55 am

Here's what it will look like once I get the second hand in place (Photoshopped in the meantime:)

quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Proj2h
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod   quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:25 am

Fine job my man fine job. You guys make me want to start a mod so bad I hate it because I can't afford it right now. Congrats on that sweet Seiko.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod   quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:39 pm

Come on Chris...you can tell us that you bought the watch like that...it looks too nice!

Kidding -- Great Job! The watch looks very nice!!

PostSubject: Re: quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod   quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:48 pm

That is sweeeet , love the red block on the second hand with the white on white .
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod   quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:04 pm

Very nice Chris, not sure if I have that much patience!

Looks VERY cool!

Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod   quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 2:07 am

Great work Chris! Looks awesome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod   quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 2:38 am

looks great with the hand on
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod   quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 3:18 am

. . . Yep, that is sweet!!! No doubt about it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod   quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

quick shots of finished (almost!) new mod
Page 1 of 1