The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

first mod of the bench, blackjack table

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

first mod of the bench, blackjack table Empty
PostSubject: first mod of the bench, blackjack table   first mod of the bench, blackjack table Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:21 pm

I've got about 10 watch torn apart at the moment and nothing seems to be working out. got parts coming from noah, couple other sites, lume from ottofrei! With all the setbacks my bro ron is sending me a movement for one piece, i've got one off the table and on the wrist!

Oniss diver, 43mm, 13mm thick, swiss eta 2824, killer bracelet with solid endlinks and screws. I had three of these at one time and reaaly liked them, gave the blue dial (different blue than any watch out there) to my brother, gave a black dial with a yacht style bezel to my business partner and kept the black dial black bezel for myself. I had planned on picking up the watches a gave away and oniss just stop making them and they are hard to come by, got the submariner look without being a copy! the watch came with a two tone polish and brush finish bracelet and the polished case, cyclops on the crystal, i nice handset that looked nothing like rolex's and a divers bezels with no lume pip on it! rated at 300 feet and you need a lume pip!
Here are a few pics of what it looked like new, well stock i had worn it for a time....

first mod of the bench, blackjack table 100_0435

first mod of the bench, blackjack table 100_0436

first mod of the bench, blackjack table 100_0440

first mod of the bench, blackjack table 100_0437

OK, here is were the story begins, you guys know i just cant leave shit alone (if it's plated a want brushed. if on a bracelet i want a strap)! so the first thing i did was brush the whole piece out!

first mod of the bench, blackjack table 100_3168

Just not being enough a few months later got real brave and whacked the cyclops off with a chisel and hammer (no joke)

first mod of the bench, blackjack table 100_2811

Still not happy a few months later i found a site that had replacemet lume pips, gotta have one if its a diver and a couple weeks later ordered a cool handset from Jay, plonguer with a red minute hand, kinda looks orange until you put it next to an orange set. these babies have C3 lume and glow like a torch, better than the hour markers and i almost put the C1 snowflake handset but wanted to get away from the rolex/tudur look. Oh by the way the pip glows just as brite! think i'm done with this one and real happy with the final look!

first mod of the bench, blackjack table 006-3

first mod of the bench, blackjack table 009-4

first mod of the bench, blackjack table 007-3

first mod of the bench, blackjack table 008-6

first mod of the bench, blackjack table 005
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: first mod of the bench, blackjack table   first mod of the bench, blackjack table Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:31 pm

Trev that watch just took a step UP dude!

First, always take brushed over polished...

New hands look GREAT...

AWESOME work bro!

PostSubject: Re: first mod of the bench, blackjack table   first mod of the bench, blackjack table Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:40 pm

Thanks Alan, the first pics of the brushed finish were done with scotch-brite, you guys know i like the stuff! The new pics, after i set the hands went over the whole watch with a fiberglass brush pen, hate to say i've been wrong but the pen gives it a nice satin finish but wear gloves, I HATE FIBERGLASS!! first mod of the bench, blackjack table 832207
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: first mod of the bench, blackjack table   first mod of the bench, blackjack table Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:44 pm

cali kid wrote:
Thanks Alan, the first pics of the brushed finish were done with scotch-brite, you guys know i like the stuff! The new pics, after i set the hands went over the whole watch with a fiberglass brush pen, hate to say i've been wrong but the pen gives it a nice satin finish but wear gloves, I HATE FIBERGLASS!! first mod of the bench, blackjack table 832207

With those pens, do you just stroke (oh man, the flood gates just opened) in one direction?

Would you recommend using ScotchBrite first and then the fiberglass pen or can you use the pen for the entire job?

PostSubject: Re: first mod of the bench, blackjack table   first mod of the bench, blackjack table Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:50 pm

Dude those hands look way better then the originals, makes that dial come alive now! The lume on those hands from Jay are bright, I need another set for a Miyota. Great work on the pip too.
Nice to get a project finished and on the wrist, congrats
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: first mod of the bench, blackjack table   first mod of the bench, blackjack table Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:51 pm

seeing these results i would use the scotch-brite (alot faster) then go over it with a pen and yes that would be stroke in one direction, not back and forth! that could cause problems! first mod of the bench, blackjack table 744742
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: first mod of the bench, blackjack table   first mod of the bench, blackjack table Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 2:28 pm

first mod of the bench, blackjack table Icon_cheers first mod of the bench, blackjack table Icon_cheers first mod of the bench, blackjack table Icon_cheers first mod of the bench, blackjack table Icon_cheers first mod of the bench, blackjack table Icon_cheers Great job bro...I know u put alot of sweat and expletives into modding it, well worth the effort!! Those hands are way better...OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: first mod of the bench, blackjack table   first mod of the bench, blackjack table Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 2:36 pm

cski wrote:
first mod of the bench, blackjack table Icon_cheers first mod of the bench, blackjack table Icon_cheers first mod of the bench, blackjack table Icon_cheers first mod of the bench, blackjack table Icon_cheers first mod of the bench, blackjack table Icon_cheers Great job bro...I know u put alot of sweat and expletives into modding it, well worth the effort!! Those hands are way better...OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks brother, i know we or i cry alot to you thru pm about the mods, i tear 4 watches apart to end up with a 40 dollar mod most of the time but this one was a success!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: first mod of the bench, blackjack table   first mod of the bench, blackjack table Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 3:11 pm

That looks great Trevor! Good job. first mod of the bench, blackjack table 803574
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: first mod of the bench, blackjack table   first mod of the bench, blackjack table Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:48 pm

More TREMENDOUS work Trevor !!! All of you guys are taking this hobby
to such cool new levels !!! first mod of the bench, blackjack table 812159 It's OUTSTANDING seeing
things like this and I know it must be ridiculously fun to do !!! Just the
brushing on the watch looks great. However, then you take the watch
apart, add hands, movements etc. It's ALL PHENOMENAL !!!! By the way
not only do the hands and finish on the watch look good..But that pip
looks GREAT too ! first mod of the bench, blackjack table Icon_biggrin NICE work sir !

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: first mod of the bench, blackjack table   first mod of the bench, blackjack table Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 6:05 pm

Really like the mod Trevor! I truly think the new look is so much better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: first mod of the bench, blackjack table   first mod of the bench, blackjack table Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 7:33 am

Trevor this mod is awesome to be sure! I wish I had the guts to do what you're doing here and actually take a watch apart. I love the new hands because it sets the watch apart and really gives it that diver look. You're doing an excellent job bro, keep up the great work and I can't wait to see another mod from you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: first mod of the bench, blackjack table   first mod of the bench, blackjack table Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 4:04 pm

Great work Trevor and good you killed that cyclops first mod of the bench, blackjack table Icon_cyclops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: first mod of the bench, blackjack table   first mod of the bench, blackjack table Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

first mod of the bench, blackjack table
Page 1 of 1