The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Enzo Mechana Goes Old School

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Empty
PostSubject: Enzo Mechana Goes Old School   Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 5:28 pm

A new collection is in the works from Enzo Mechana, that is meant
to be able to endure extreme conditions as well as high levels of water
pressure. Tentively called 'total machines' these watches will be hand
crafted. They will not use newer ETA movements, but will use vintage
high-end movements like the Omega 565, Rolex 1570 and Valjoux 72.
Later more calibers from Jaeger-LeCoultre and others may also be added.
Cases are going to measure 42mm-55mm and will have 7.9mm UV coated
domed sapphire crystals. They will also have water proof leather straps.
Got this info from TLex at..http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/ Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Icon_smile

http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/2010/02/enzo-mechana-spy-shots.html

Enzo Mechana Goes Old School ENZO+00

Enzo Mechana Goes Old School ENZO+07

Enzo Mechana Goes Old School ENZO+02

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Enzo Mechana Goes Old School   Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 6:25 pm

Not so much...on the bright side, it looks like you could use it as a weapon if you get in a bind Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Icon_cheers

I tried to be positive Tom...you are much better at it!

PostSubject: Re: Enzo Mechana Goes Old School   Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 6:27 pm

hopefully theres more models.none in this pic look good at all. maybe they're a tribute to lost in space and Dr. Smith.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enzo Mechana Goes Old School   Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 6:45 pm

saw those awhile back, they are horrible! LM-7 gone wrong or picked up off the shop floor! little tougher to build a watch when it doesnt come off a shelve! Enzo Mechana Goes Old School 438519
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enzo Mechana Goes Old School   Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 6:46 pm

andrema wrote:
Not so much...on the bright side, it looks like you could use it as a weapon if you get in a bind Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Icon_cheers

Enzo Mechana Goes Old School 196544 No matter what you say, Tom, I can't agree with you. I see nothing nice.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Enzo Mechana Goes Old School   Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 7:00 pm

I actually like the one where the lugs are as wide as the case, has a very rugged, RETRO look...

PostSubject: Re: Enzo Mechana Goes Old School   Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 7:58 pm

Maybe they'll look better in glamor shots, but there's only so much that can be done with makeup.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enzo Mechana Goes Old School   Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 8:00 pm

There is something about these cases that instantly repulsed me, and then upon further inspection, sucked me in! I love those insane domed crystals and bulky cases. I really like the asymmetrical one.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Enzo Mechana Goes Old School   Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 8:36 pm

Bad attempt at trying to look different No
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Enzo Mechana Goes Old School   Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 8:39 pm

andrema wrote:

porschefan wrote:
andrema wrote:

Enzo Mechana Goes Old School 196544 No matter what you say, Tom, I can't agree with you. I see nothing nice.

Just found them today and thought I would put it out there ! Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Icon_smile It's AWESOME to have
a bunch of different opinions. I kind of thought these were paying tribute to older extreme
dive watches of the past actually. Maybe there's even a little Ploprof in the one especially !
They seem both futuristic and retro to me. Something new, and probably pretty special
with those older classic movements being used ! Enzo Mechana Goes Old School 803574 Also, this is just a first look, so maybe
the final products will look a little different later on ! Still something cool to look at, as well
as talk about ! Thx ! Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Icon_biggrin

Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Enzo Mechana Goes Old School   Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:50 pm

Nothing there appeals to me at all. On another site I saw a couple pics of a round case that looked much better. These look to blocky to me and the dial opening is too small for the case size. The obscenely domed crystals are also too much for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enzo Mechana Goes Old School   Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 7:25 am

Unfortunately I have to go with the majority here and say these really don't do much for me. I guess I'm more of a traditionalist than I thought. Not into the block shape at all. What i do like is them using older vintage movements! That's a very unique aspect that appeals to me a lot!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Enzo Mechana Goes Old School   Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 6:59 pm

Great to hear all of the thoughts on these everyone ! This time it seems I pretty
much struck out !Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Lol Oh well, mybe next time ! Enzo Mechana Goes Old School 803574

PostSubject: Re: Enzo Mechana Goes Old School   Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 7:06 pm

this thing is plain ugly, but I like them moving on other direction (probably on other price level too Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Icon_cry )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enzo Mechana Goes Old School   Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:41 am

i like some models ordered the second one (pic) in 47mm with JLC movement, 26mm lugsize, domed thick plexi and thick/high rotating bezel ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enzo Mechana Goes Old School   Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:46 am

already owned this "new" model i think it's pretty cool

Enzo Mechana Goes Old School P1030890
Enzo Mechana Goes Old School P1030891
Enzo Mechana Goes Old School P1030886
Enzo Mechana Goes Old School P1030896
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enzo Mechana Goes Old School   Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:07 pm

ezcheese wrote:
There is something about these cases that instantly repulsed me, and then upon further inspection, sucked me in! I love those insane domed crystals and bulky cases. I really like the asymmetrical one.

: ) ... nice to see some friends here ....
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Enzo Mechana Goes Old School   Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 1:23 pm

rick wrote:
already owned this "new" model i think it's pretty cool

Enzo Mechana Goes Old School P1030890
Enzo Mechana Goes Old School P1030891
Enzo Mechana Goes Old School P1030886
Enzo Mechana Goes Old School P1030896

Definitely Rick ! Smile That one is INCREDIBLE ! Congratulations on having it in your collection.

Welcome to the forum also by the way !

PostSubject: Re: Enzo Mechana Goes Old School   Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 1:55 pm

haven't this one anymore i send it back to enzo he is building another one now .... although this one was really cool but little too small 44mm .... i like bigger : )
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Enzo Mechana Goes Old School   Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:03 pm

rick wrote:
haven't this one anymore i send it back to enzo he is building another one now .... although this one was really cool but little too small 44mm .... i like bigger : )

Wow Rick, that is just great that you will be getting a new one soon, and at least you still have the
pictures of the old one to remember also. Enzo Mechana Goes Old School 803574

PostSubject: Re: Enzo Mechana Goes Old School   Enzo Mechana Goes Old School Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enzo Mechana Goes Old School
Page 1 of 1