The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tired of BASEL yet?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Tired of BASEL yet? Empty
PostSubject: Tired of BASEL yet?   Tired of BASEL yet? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:32 am

Tired of BASEL yet? R55a
Tired of BASEL yet? R55b
The r5.5 collection is a collaboration between Rado and the British designer Jasper Morrison. This is the first automatic model.

The case, done in matt-black ceramic, has a black PVD titanium display back and an AR-coated sapphire crystal. The crown is stainless steel
with a ceramic cap. Movement is the automatic ETA caliber 2892A2 with 21 jewels, decorated and rhodium-plated and with blued screws. The bracelet is black ceramic with titanium folding clasp.

Tired of BASEL yet? Colmos1
Tired of BASEL yet? Colmos2

The case, in titanium grey PVD, measures 49mm and features a tungsten ring for extra case strength. The crystal is an AR-coated sapphire and it is water resistant to 1,000 meters. Movement is a Swiss automatic base ETA caliber 2897 with power reserve complication.

BY THE WAY, THIS IS A JUMP HOUR:

Tired of BASEL yet? Ggocto

The case, in stainless steel, measures 43mm and has an AR-coated sapphire crystal. It is water resistant to 100 meters. The case has a tudded satin-finished black ceramic bezel and a crown with an onyx cabochon.

Movement is the Swiss automatic Bulgari for Gerald Genta in-house caliber GG7722 with a 45 hour power reserve, jumping hours and retrograde complications.

A large window at 12 o’clock shows the jumping hours, the retrograde minute hand travels over a 210° arc, while the retrograde date is shown on a 180° arc at the bottom of the dial. At the same time, the studs on the bezel make it easier to read the intermediary minutes in their separate 10-minute segments.

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Tired of BASEL yet?   Tired of BASEL yet? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 7:18 pm

Nope, not really tired of Basel yet ! Tired of BASEL yet? Icon_smile The Rado is nice, but not really
my style with the dial and case shape. However, it does have some neat
dot markers, as well as a terrific movement. Now the Oris is a grand slam
IMHO ! Tired of BASEL yet? 46145 Amazing grey PVD ! Woohoo ! Tired of BASEL yet? Alien Also REALLY liking that power
reserve indicator, along with wave dial. What a terrific bezel on the Oris
too ! Even the strap looks great and I wonder if they will put a grey PVD
bracelet on this one in the future as well ! With the Bulgari, it's cool just
because it's a jump hour. Tired of BASEL yet? Icon_biggrin Plus the dial is just excellent with the way the
numbers are set up. Even the octagon/circle idea works both on the dial
and with the case itself ! NICE !!! Intriguing strap on that one also ! Thanks
for showing us !

PostSubject: Re: Tired of BASEL yet?   Tired of BASEL yet? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 7:24 pm

The Oris is OK...

the other two are...

Tired of BASEL yet? Butt_ugly_hat-p148657515372841694u7wl_400
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tired of BASEL yet?   Tired of BASEL yet? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Oris is more than OK and somehow I like Bvlgari, but it's probably, because of my Escalade had Bvlgari watch, which was pretty much the only thing I liked in this car Tired of BASEL yet? Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Tired of BASEL yet?   Tired of BASEL yet? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 7:32 pm

I TOTALLY dig the jump hour...

...that movement may be ONE I HAVE to add to my collection.

PostSubject: Re: Tired of BASEL yet?   Tired of BASEL yet? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 7:36 pm

I don't mind a jumper, just not that one.
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Tired of BASEL yet?   Tired of BASEL yet? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 7:56 pm

Alan what is the force gauge for on the new Oris?
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Tired of BASEL yet?   Tired of BASEL yet? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 8:29 pm

jackprime1 wrote:
Alan what is the force gauge for on the new Oris?

No clue, maybe check the Oris site? Tired of BASEL yet? Icon_scratch

Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: Tired of BASEL yet?   Tired of BASEL yet? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 8:47 pm

I hate just about EVERYTHING on the Bulgari one. Fugly case, dial and what in the world in that strap?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tired of BASEL yet?   Tired of BASEL yet? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tired of BASEL yet?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: