The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bead Blasting

Go down 
+2
Anomaly
andrema
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Bead Blasting Empty
PostSubject: Bead Blasting   Bead Blasting Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:49 pm

WOW, WOW, WOW, is all I can say, I sent my Marina off to Ron to
get bead blasted. I had seen pictures of other watches done and really
liked the look.

When I got it back to today I was totally blown away,, Its as if he
blasted away all the glitz and glamour and revealed the true essence of
the watch. As if you can now see its soul, A true military look.
I have to say , Thank you to Ron, this watch is amazing, I have fallen in love all over again.
Check it out.

Bead Blasting 2990012910103686870S600x600Q85

Bead Blasting 2455727280103686870S600x600Q85

Bead Blasting 2964292890103686870S600x600Q85
Back to top Go down

Bead Blasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bead Blasting   Bead Blasting Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:56 pm

looks great on that strap, nice military look to it now.
Back to top Go down

Bead Blasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bead Blasting   Bead Blasting Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:58 pm

That watch on the Nato is soo perfect now. You're right Jeff, a true tool look now.
What a stunner!!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Bead Blasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bead Blasting   Bead Blasting Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:58 pm

Great job Ron, the watch looks great!

Senior Associate
Anomaly

Bead Blasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bead Blasting   Bead Blasting Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 6:08 pm

That REALLY does look good!

I wish my 112 came in a brushed case but the don't! Bead Blasting 831531

Congrats on a great job Ron!

Looks great J!

Bead Blasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bead Blasting   Bead Blasting Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 7:03 pm

Wonderful change. The Monster looks good BB'd too. Wonder why more makers don't offer it as an option? scratch
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

Bead Blasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bead Blasting   Bead Blasting Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 7:25 pm

The case looks good now. Never understood high polish on a dive type watch.
Back to top Go down

Bead Blasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bead Blasting   Bead Blasting Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 7:33 pm

Another masterful job by Ron! Looks really cool on the olive NATO, definitely more mil!!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Bead Blasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bead Blasting   Bead Blasting Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 10:53 pm

Doesn't get much better than that ! Bead Blasting Icon_biggrin Incredible job Ron !!!!
The bead blasted finish is really mesmerizing to look at. It
looks fantastic, and seems to set off the dial very nicely ! Bead Blasting Icon_smile
I guess it is actually like experiencing the watch for the very
first time again ! Congratulations to you sir !..Enjoy !

Bead Blasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bead Blasting   Bead Blasting Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:09 pm

Thanks Guys, I have fallen in love with the watch all over again. Ron is a genius.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Bead Blasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bead Blasting   Bead Blasting Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:16 am

"Fabulous," Jeff! AND..... "Fabulous," Ron! Congrats Jeff on a great looking MM and Kudos Ron for a great job!
Back to top Go down

Bead Blasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bead Blasting   Bead Blasting Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:19 am

. . . . Nice job on the blasting Ron!!! Looks perfect.

I did a lot of bead blasting on automotive restoration work, so I know how difficult it can be to get the right media, the right pressure, the right nozzle and an even stroke to get the desired finish. You definately have the touch Sir!!!!

BTW, are you using glass, fine sand, walnut or a synthetic media???? I sold my booths when I moved to Cali . . . so I am just curious . . . scratch . . . Randy.
Back to top Go down

Bead Blasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bead Blasting   Bead Blasting Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:26 am

LOL,, U said NOZZLE,, LOL,

Hey Randy,, Ron did a great job, the finish is even all the way around.
Back to top Go down

Bead Blasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bead Blasting   Bead Blasting Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:32 am

ron is the best, blasted a watch for me and it came out sweet! looks great jeff!
Back to top Go down

Bead Blasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bead Blasting   Bead Blasting Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:41 am

JNL wrote:
LOL,, U said NOZZLE,, LOL,

Hey Randy,, Ron did a great job, the finish is even all the way around.

. . . looks absolutely awesome!!! Ron is the MAN!!!!

. . . hehe, nozzle,hehehe. albino
Back to top Go down

Bead Blasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bead Blasting   Bead Blasting Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:54 am

wagon wrote:

I did a lot of bead blasting on automotive restoration work, so I know how difficult it can be to get the right media, the right pressure, the right nozzle and an even stroke to get the desired finish. You definately have the touch Sir!!!!

BTW, are you using glass, fine sand, walnut or a synthetic media???? I sold my booths when I moved to Cali . . . so I am just curious . . . scratch . . . Randy.

using glass, I can use quartz also but gives it a much rougher finish. The polished cases turn out much better then the brushed and some stainless is softer and you can really tell the difference in the look when finished.
Back to top Go down

Bead Blasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bead Blasting   Bead Blasting Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:59 am

barnbuilder1 wrote:
wagon wrote:

using glass, I can use quartz also but gives it a much rougher finish. The polished cases turn out much better then the brushed and some stainless is softer and you can really tell the difference in the look when finished.

. . . Cool Ron! I suspected glass would be the choice. I used save and sift my used glass, the pulverised, used beads worked nicely at lower psi on soft metals and left a very smooth finish . . . at any rate, you certainly are getting superb results!!!!!

Blast on Ron!!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down

Bead Blasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bead Blasting   Bead Blasting Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 3:08 am

wagon wrote:
barnbuilder1 wrote:
wagon wrote:

. . . Cool Ron! I suspected glass would be the choice. I used save and sift my used glass, the pulverised, used beads worked nicely at lower psi on soft metals and left a very smooth finish . . . at any rate, you certainly are getting superb results!!!!!

Blast on Ron!!!!!! cheers

I recycle also, I've never tried sand or shells, I'll have to sometime.
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

Bead Blasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bead Blasting   Bead Blasting Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 3:23 am

Ron, you are an artist!
Back to top Go down

Bead Blasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bead Blasting   Bead Blasting Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 3:46 am

That is a REALLY nice look to that MM! Ron is fantastic at this and it really shows! I also like your chouce in straps for it too. It really makes it POP! Congrats on falling in love all over again!
Back to top Go down

Bead Blasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bead Blasting   Bead Blasting Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:54 am

I nearly shit myself cause I thought someone did that to a real Panerai Bead Blasting Icon_lol It looks good though, and the strap is a very nice finishing touch!
Back to top Go down

Bead Blasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bead Blasting   Bead Blasting Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:04 am

Ron is quite a talented fella! Great job on the MM Ron and congratz to you Jeff! BTW, nice seeing you again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bead Blasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bead Blasting   Bead Blasting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bead Blasting
Page 1 of 1