The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forget the BRAND...

Go down 
+5
TVDinner
jaw
andrema
jackprime1
Anomaly
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Forget the BRAND... Empty
PostSubject: Forget the BRAND...   Forget the BRAND... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:20 pm

...and give some feedback based on looks alone:

Forget the BRAND... Inv3

Forget the BRAND... Inv1

PostSubject: Re: Forget the BRAND...   Forget the BRAND... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:27 pm

Alright, I'll play.

Don't like the crazy lever thingamabob that covers the crown.

Don't like the exposed screw heads on the bezel.

Not crazy about the hands (although the second hand looks Ok).

Date appears to be very small for the dial size.

Subdials too crowded and the combination of fonts is off-putting.

Too much text on the dial.

Hate integrated bracelets!

Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Forget the BRAND...   Forget the BRAND... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:27 pm

I like the looks of them. Just cant get passed the name...lol...but I think they look good.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Forget the BRAND...   Forget the BRAND... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:53 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Alright, I'll play.

Don't like the crazy lever thingamabob that covers the crown.

Don't like the exposed screw heads on the bezel.

Not crazy about the hands (although the second hand looks Ok).

Date appears to be very small for the dial size.

Subdials too crowded and the combination of fonts is off-putting.

Too much text on the dial.

Hate integrated bracelets!

My thoughts exactly...the thing that bothers me most is the hands though!

Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Forget the BRAND...   Forget the BRAND... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:55 pm

Not a natural design evolution - too far from the original

Conserva-tized version of the SAN III - Not sure if I like this yet.
* Almost like they "streamlined" everything
* Lost the "industrial" appeal

Don't like the departure from key established design elements
* 4 raised bezel markes vs. original 3
* Nary a fragment of bracelet center link resemblence - cross-hatching, link shape profile

Don't like hand design
* But better than the Bolt/Lupah-Revo hands

Don't like crown guard
* Not integrated well enough - just stuck on
* Seems to throw the whole thing off balance

Like the streamlined pusher screw-downs

Absolutely hate the dial texture - still a fan of tasteful dial perforation - but not this

Course I will suddenly love it when they are almost unavailable
* Just like I hated the SAN III at first
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forget the BRAND...   Forget the BRAND... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:57 pm

Funky bezel (those minute dots just might be lume) dont like the four huge mountain type things on it but looks like they to might have some lume, hands look weird but would like to see what they look like at night, not big on the dial, bracelet looks off but for an invicta not a bad looker! They have calmed things down on this model and it almost looks like a real dive watch! give it a B-
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Forget the BRAND...   Forget the BRAND... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:24 pm

Maybe the crown lock is throwing me off...if it were a traditional screw down crown with traditional crown protectors incorporated into the case, I may like it a bit better.

Still...the hands stink and would need to be changed...and the dial texture doesn't look right on this one.

IF they had some lume in those dots on the bezel, it may look pretty cool in the dark.

PostSubject: Re: Forget the BRAND...   Forget the BRAND... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:35 pm

. . . they have no flow. A poor blend of organic and industrial lines.

The bracelet is overdone, the bezel is ruined (one of the better features the SAN III had) . . . I hate tattoo art on anything other than flesh . . . don't like perforated dials . . . the chrono is just plain not a good looking dial . . . and the ad copy is a joke. Sealed like a submarine . . ?????

Sorry, both thumbs way down from the recliner-cat . . .
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: Forget the BRAND...   Forget the BRAND... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:49 pm

I am just to tired of the entire Subaqua Noma look in general to consider these. I have nothing at all wrong with the brand or the SAN model (singular) that I own. I am just completely over any variation of this line (the SAN line). This just does not look far enough away from the SAN III's to me to be anything new.

JMHO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forget the BRAND...   Forget the BRAND... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:55 pm

Don't like the mesh (?) dial on the first one, hands bleh, crown protector totally uncescesary, too much like every other SANlll
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Forget the BRAND...   Forget the BRAND... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:01 pm

i realy dont like anything about this watch, from its sapphire coated mineral crystal (AKA F.F.) to the perferated dial, to the crown and crown gaurd. after what they did to the san III who would buy this thing at full price? and why by a watch they are going to make a million diferant styles of ? it may say swiss made on the dial but i tell you it sure wont have the quality of a swiss made watch. INVICTA AND EYAL AND J.S. CAN KISS MY ASS!!!! if i could get anything for the invictas i still have i would sell them in a second. steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forget the BRAND...   Forget the BRAND... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:20 pm

Nothing about it makes me jones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forget the BRAND...   Forget the BRAND... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:21 pm

Based on the watch alone, then no I don't like it.if you really look at it, it is all new from the hands to the case and bracelet.For those that like XL size watches invicta is the brand for them.I just don't see anything here that gets my interest up.As all of you know I like to buy invictas but its rare that I'll buy any of the newer versions unless its a model thats been out for a while with very few complaints.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Forget the BRAND...   Forget the BRAND... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:10 pm

I will say that I like the hands a bit...

PostSubject: Re: Forget the BRAND...   Forget the BRAND... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:17 pm

Meh, it ain't SINGIN TO ME! There isn't anything about this watch that I care for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forget the BRAND...   Forget the BRAND... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 11:31 pm

The hands are just hideous, cheapens the look of the whole watch right there. Going further, as I've stated before if an Invicta STARTS with a perforated dial, it can only get worse. The chronograph is the most cluttered dial with that giant logo, the lume dots are small on top and big as they get toward the bottom...

I'll stop here, there's just nothing I like about it. A huge letdown for me, and I had very low expectations. I hope this is the model that buries the SAN line, honestly! It started out amazing, but they've killed it and there's no hope for it anymore.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Forget the BRAND...   Forget the BRAND... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 12:10 am

I actually think this watch has some REALLY interesting qualities !
The build looks REAL nice !..From the case to that HEFTY bracelet !
I like the textured dial ! It's something you don't see on every watch,
so that's cool. Also those hands are a unique touch as well. Seeing
a new twist on watch hands is nice change of pace ! Forget the BRAND... Icon_biggrin In addition,
the dot markers are easy on the eyes. I notice there are also some
interesting dots in the metal, between the 12 o'clock and 4 o'clock
positions !..So all in all, there is alot to like imho ! Forget the BRAND... Icon_smile

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Forget the BRAND...   Forget the BRAND... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 12:26 am

I think they are OK...crown guard sucks...but other than that just OK. Not going to buy one, I mean thats what the bottom line is.

Forget the BRAND... Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forget the BRAND...   Forget the BRAND... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 12:29 am

The chrono is kinda interesting. Not for me, but I can see someone liking it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forget the BRAND...   Forget the BRAND... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 12:37 am

i love the granny doily dial Forget the BRAND... 213652

I won't be buying one unless they make several changes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forget the BRAND...   Forget the BRAND... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 4:06 am

Likes.........the bracelet......that is about the only thing i like

dont like the crown guard, dont like the 4 bezel grips, hate the dial , hate the dragon logo right on the face of the watch, hate the hands, completly hate them

and i know we are supposed to leave brand out of this, but the 7750 version is going to be $2000.......that will be the day i spend 2 grand on a watch with lame fusion/sapphire coated mineral crystal..........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forget the BRAND...   Forget the BRAND... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:10 am

Not a fan of the dial or the hands or the 4 raised thingys on the bezel and the date is way too small. However, I like the crown protector and the bezel numbering. I'd give this one a C+.
I actually like a number of Invicta designs but there is no way I can get past the company! It'll have to be an extremely sweet looking watch for me to ever buy another Invicta!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forget the BRAND...   Forget the BRAND... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 10:37 am

I don't like the hands or the dial. I liked the bezel better on the SAN III for sure although like has been said I bet this one is nice when it is dark. Over all I don't like it yet but they could come out with a version that does sing to me who knows?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forget the BRAND...   Forget the BRAND... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:32 am

Overall, I like it . . . but I won't be buying one (doesn't fit well on my smaller wrist).

I'm sticking with my Reserve SA (Original SA reissue, but larger) and my SAII. Still have one SAIII left (which I'm trying to sell/trade), but would keep it. Forget the BRAND... Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forget the BRAND...   Forget the BRAND... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 1:04 am

Naah...

The SAIV is clearly an evolution of the SAIII but I feel that it's nowhere near as aesthetically pleasing. Everything from the addition of 1 more screw "knob" on the bezel to the jujubee shaped pushers just don't look right to me.

And I really don't think the bracelet is any better than the one on the original SAIII.

In my opinion the SAIII was one of Invicta's best designs. Even then, I refused to spend $1200 on one.

That being said I do like the look so I picked up a quartz GMT SAIII at Costco for $189 and a lightly used silver/black SAIII 4696 for a steal...
Back to top Go down
racerxer
Associate
racerxer

PostSubject: Re: Forget the BRAND...   Forget the BRAND... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:01 pm

The logo overpowers every other feature on the dial of the 3 hand, way out of proportion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fostware.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forget the BRAND...   Forget the BRAND... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forget the BRAND...
Page 1 of 1