The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts?

Go down 
+5
PoliMalaka
jackprime1
sixtysix
Anomaly
andrema
9 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts?   Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:03 pm

So what do you guys think?
(photos and info from shopnbc.com)

Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? San_iv10

Invicta Men's Subaqua Noma IV Limited Edition Automatic Silver-tone Watch - J178868
Sale Price: $1,674.12 Save: $350.88 (17% off)
or 5 ValuePays</A>: $334.82
Retail value: $4,795.00
Regular price: $2,025.00

The successor to the Subaqua Noma III has arrived. Invicta's latest Limited Edition creation is here to make an impact, and your timepiece collection will never be the same!
The silver-tone stainless steel case makes itself know with a unidirectional rotating bezel. This bezel utilizes a raised polished diver's scale and four barrels. A triple-layer of anti-reflective coating graces the piece's Flame Fusion crystal. An exhibition case back reveals this timepiece's Swiss Valjoux ETA 7750 Automatic Chronograph movement. Automatic movements stem from mechanical movements with one key difference: a mechanism automatically winds the timepiece's mainspring as opposed to forcing the wearer to manually wind.

The round black dial features a die-cut Invicta logo pattern creating a dual-dimension aesthetic. It exhibits a 1/10 second counter above 6:00, a second counter near 9:00, and a minute counter below 12:00. Day and date windows have been positioned near 3:00. Surrounding the outer dial is a tachymeter scale, useful for calculating speed over a measured distance.
The silver-tone bracelet design is truly breathtaking. This exhilarating bracelet tapers to 26mm and attaches with a deployant clasp.

Bracelet: Stainless steel
Movement: Swiss Valjoux ETA 7750 Automatic Chronograph
Crystal: Flame Fusion
Crown: Screw down w/ function pushers
Clasp: Deployant
Bracelet Measurements: 9-1/2" L x 33mm W
Case Measurements: 50mm
Water Resistance: 50 ATM - 500 meters - 1650 feet
Model Number: IN6525
UPC: 843836065252
Warranty: One year limited warranty by Invicta with the option to extend warranty to a total of five years.
Additional Features: One year limited warranty by Invicta with the option to extend warranty to a total of five years

Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts?   Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:07 pm

I chose C cause it's a Chrono...

...and NO WAY I put $1600 into an Invicta.

That's not a bash, it's just a fact (for me).

Last edited by Anomaly on Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts?   Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:07 pm

I don't personally like the design. My infatuation with SAN line ended with the SAN II. And I agree Alan, Invicta no longer makes a watch I would spend $1600 on! I'll get my Omega if I have that kind of money to spend.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts?   Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:36 pm

Not paying that for an Invicta....even if it was gold!! I like the design, but it's too big, if it was 42mm and was $250, I would buy one.

Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts?   Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:45 pm

I like it but I will never buy it...Invicta will never get my money ever again....Good luck who ever buys it and enjoy..
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts?   Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:54 pm

I don't even look at Invicta watches anymore.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts?   Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:57 pm

Sort of like it, don't "currently" plan on buying one.
$1600 no freakin way.
Will wait and see other dial variations.
Never say never.
Hated the SAN III at first - now I have 5.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts?   Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:04 pm

C+D=E but you forgot F= Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? 500253 Invicta! Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? 492736
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts?   Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:07 pm

Anomaly wrote:
I chose C cause it's a Chrono...

...and NO WAY I put $1600 into an Invicta.

That's not a bash, it's just a fact (for me).

Straight up brother! you're in Sinn U1 range and invicta is no Sinn, well the have one thing in common neither is made in Switzerland!! Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? 744742 Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? 744742 Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? 492736 Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? 744742
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts?   Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:15 pm

Good point Trevor, sadly I have to say it too, don't like design and the price is not right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts?   Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:56 pm

several small things I don't like about this new one, some are fine. I hate the Renato copy speedbumps on the bracelet, WTF purpose do they serve, they sure don't look good to me?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts?   Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 4:31 pm

I could get a gently used Breitling for that!! There are things I liked on the SANIII better but if they are practically giving them away I might jump. And without the 7750? Just flat out no way shape or form period at any price.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts?   Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 4:53 pm

Don't like it at all, hate that doily patttern dial, chrono layout too busy.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts?   Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 6:47 pm

I like the criss cross design on the dial, as well as the different
looking hands and dot markers. The case and bracelet look very
hefty. While the movement sounds NICE ! Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? Icon_smile However, being that
it is a Sub Aqua IV, it should look different than the Sub Aqua III
imho ! This looks a little too similar to the SAIII. I remember how
the Sub Aqua I, and Sub Aqua II looked different then eachother
while still having "some" similarities. The SAIII looked way different
from the SA II. Unfortunately the SA IV basically looks like a SA III
with few real changes. It's got some nice qualities, but the price,
along with too many similarities to the SA III will keep this off my
list !

PostSubject: Re: Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts?   Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 8:59 pm

When the SAN III was introduced I liked it the first time I saw it. Something about the first black/silver model's design caught my eye. However the initial price of $800-$1600 was WAY more than I would spend on ANY Invicta.

Fast forward to last year when the prices of the SAN III began to drop through the floor. I managed to pick up a used SAN III in my favorite black/silver classic color combo for a steal as well as a dirt cheap $189 SAN III at Costco in silver w/ black perf dial and now all of a sudden I have 2!

The SAN IV on the other hand has never really appealed to me. While it does have some similarities to the previous generation the overall look doesn't seem "right" in my eyes. I don't particularly like the additional bezel embellishment, the case lug design, or the bracelet. I don't think I'd even buy one if they were being sold for $189 at Costco.

On the other hand I do want to get my hands on a rosetone/black Subaqua Specialty... hopefully I'll see one at Costco soon.
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts?   Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:04 pm

i wore my SAN3 Rose and Black 7750 to Canada today and when I look at this compared to my SAN3, mine kicks this ones asshole...No contest!!!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts?   Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:14 pm

I think Ron still as the Black Dial 3-hand, GMT, best Invicta EVER IMO...

PostSubject: Re: Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts?   Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:26 pm

$1600 affraid I've got 4 7750 watches. All are Swiss. All have Sapphire. Total for all 4 of them paid out = $2700 and $1250 of that is in the Fortis. Yup, that's right $1250 BNIB for a B42 Chrono from a KNOWN Swiss maker with an actual factory (pictures and visits by the general public and everything - in Switzerland affraid )

If I were spending $1600 it would be for a MarineMaster 300m SBDX001, not for something that has Flame Fusion glass, a crown lock that looks as if I were to sneeze it might break, and no support long-term.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts?   Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:29 pm

I think it may be too small for my 6-1/4 inch wrist. Anyone got any wrist shots?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts?   Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:18 am

I actually think it's decent looking. The problem is that it's an Invicta and i swore I'll never buy another Invicta again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts?   Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Subaqua Noma IV - Your Thoughts?
Page 1 of 1