The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the whole Russian NAVY Collection

Go down 
+2
Anomaly
sixtysix
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

the whole Russian NAVY Collection Empty
PostSubject: the whole Russian NAVY Collection   the whole Russian NAVY Collection Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:09 am

Since this forum could use some perking up....I figured I would post my whole collection of Navy themed Russians...I have a mix of old and new. (Some of the info on movements etc I got from Juri Levenbergs book on Russian Wristwatches, recommened as a good introduction to types and styles of these cool watches).

This is an Albatros for Marine Border Patrol Division....my first Russian!! (2409 manual wind 17 Jewels)
the whole Russian NAVY Collection EbayDec2007141

The black watch is the famed original 'Radio Operator' (purchased from our favorite Doc!) and the modern 2008 version, the WUS/Orologiando exclusive Amphibia (200M wr) Automatic. Only 99 with date and 105 without date were made. the Radio Operator (Or Radio Room is a copy of the clocks used in ships Radio rooms. A radio operator has to switch the radio to the international distress frequency every 15 minutes for a duration of 3 minutes, to recieve possible SOS calls, that is the pink area on the dials... I read someplace this was implimented after the Titanic had trouble raising any ships when it called for help.
the whole Russian NAVY Collection Tworussians002

Next up, this is the considered the tradtional (and oldest) Marine design, made since 70's, Komandirskie, 2424 17 jewels
the whole Russian NAVY Collection Bluerussians016

Here is a modern Submarine Komandirskie Automatic on shark skin.....
the whole Russian NAVY Collection Seikocole001

Another modern Navy watch in a non-military 'Partner' type case, Komandirskie model (rotating Bezel and lumed hands and dial), Russian Marine flag with red star above.
the whole Russian NAVY Collection 100_4870

How about a look inside? Most of the hand winds look exactly like this....
the whole Russian NAVY Collection I-4607

A few more modern Vostoks in a variety of cases and styles:

the whole Russian NAVY Collection RussianxGold004

the whole Russian NAVY Collection Newruussians015

the whole Russian NAVY Collection Newruussians013

the whole Russian NAVY Collection Silverconnect005

the whole Russian NAVY Collection Russianavy2014

the whole Russian NAVY Collection Russianavy2011

the whole Russian NAVY Collection Russianavy2007

And the two I just got...
the whole Russian NAVY Collection Russiannavy2004

the whole Russian NAVY Collection Russiannavy2008

I also have some other brands Raketa (the Rocket),

Condor Submarine With Russian Marine Flags
the whole Russian NAVY Collection Russianavy3018

300th anniv of Russian Navy
the whole Russian NAVY Collection Russianavy3023

Battleship 'Peter the Great'
the whole Russian NAVY Collection PeterI012

and my rarest one....the 50th Anniv. of the Russian Navy Signal Corp., 24 hour time on this one....
the whole Russian NAVY Collection Russianavy3011

I have a couple others you can kind of see a Navy themes....

This Moscow Classic has an anchor on the front....
the whole Russian NAVY Collection Russianseiko029
and the optional 'divers' back
the whole Russian NAVY Collection Russianseiko026

This Vostok Europe is a K3 model (Named for the famous K3 Russian submarine)
the whole Russian NAVY Collection EbayDec2007151

And if this counts, my office wall clock is a heavy aluminum cased submarine model....

the whole Russian NAVY Collection Russianclock001

the whole Russian NAVY Collection Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the whole Russian NAVY Collection   the whole Russian NAVY Collection Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:37 pm

Gary those are some awesome Russkies Bro!!! Thanks for sharing....by the way....YOU NEED THERAPY!!!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: the whole Russian NAVY Collection   the whole Russian NAVY Collection Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:57 pm

Maybe THE COOLEST dials I have ever seen!

I don't believe in just displaying watches, but THOSE, you need a nice display case to show them off in...THOSE ARE WORKS OF ART!

PostSubject: Re: the whole Russian NAVY Collection   the whole Russian NAVY Collection Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:26 pm

.. . .WOW!!! Those are awesome Gary. A true collection.

How long has it taken you to put that together? and how many other variations do you believe are out there . . . .
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: the whole Russian NAVY Collection   the whole Russian NAVY Collection Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:48 pm

wagon wrote:
.. . .WOW!!! Those are awesome Gary. A true collection.

How long has it taken you to put that together? and how many other variations do you believe are out there . . . .

The Russians did not take that long to put together since I have mostly modern watches (modern in Russian means post Perestroyka, or about the last 20 years) only about the last 2-3 years maybe? There are hundreds of Navy themed dials I don't have, most from 70's and 80's. I can go on eBay and find 5 or 10 I don't have at any given time. Getting the old ones in good condition is the trick the whole Russian NAVY Collection Icon_biggrin . They are not too expensive (This is what sucks you in!!) but the price continues to rise up as more people get into it. I just think they are unique and the history lesson is cool!

Thanks for the complments guys!! I am glad somebody else likes these....

Hey if you think these are bad .....want to see my non-Navy Russian collection?

Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: the whole Russian NAVY Collection   the whole Russian NAVY Collection Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 4:46 pm

Those are just plain FUN to look at Gary ! the whole Russian NAVY Collection Icon_cheers Thaks alot !!!!
I saw the Radio Operator in there. I had called it a radar watch
by mistake last night. Those are excellent ! So is the whole
collection for that matter. So many terrific dials, with ships,
submarines, flags, and emblems. I like the detail on the bezels
also, with the different markings, paint, and shapes. Wow, some
of those shapes, with the cases that kind of look like stars are
unbelievably good ! There are even some great metal flake dials
in there ! (Trevor knows about those) the whole Russian NAVY Collection Icon_biggrin ..It's SOME kind of
watch collection sir ! the whole Russian NAVY Collection 46145 the whole Russian NAVY Collection 46145 ..FANTASTIC !!!!! Thanks again !

Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: the whole Russian NAVY Collection   the whole Russian NAVY Collection Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:04 am

Wow! Awesome collection. I have my first on the way!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the whole Russian NAVY Collection   the whole Russian NAVY Collection Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:21 am

Very cool collection Gary, thanks for sharing these awesome pieces! the whole Russian NAVY Collection 74725
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the whole Russian NAVY Collection   the whole Russian NAVY Collection Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 3:57 am

great collection! thanks for showing them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the whole Russian NAVY Collection   the whole Russian NAVY Collection Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 7:48 am

Missed the thread the first time around - sorry. Very nice to see the RRO in your collection and being appreciated.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: the whole Russian NAVY Collection   the whole Russian NAVY Collection Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:03 am

Thanks guys.... the whole Russian NAVY Collection 933578

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the whole Russian NAVY Collection   the whole Russian NAVY Collection Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 9:45 am

Pretty cool stuff Gary, I've seen a lot of them on E-bay, and a couple Russian specialty sites, great looking collection. And not a canteen crown in the bunch!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the whole Russian NAVY Collection   the whole Russian NAVY Collection Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 10:08 am

What a great collection, thank you for sharing it with us cheers Just a question, do you understand/read russian too?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the whole Russian NAVY Collection   the whole Russian NAVY Collection Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:29 am

That's a great post: totally wonderful eye candy and good information. Thanks! cheers
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: the whole Russian NAVY Collection   the whole Russian NAVY Collection Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 1:24 pm

camouflage wrote:
What a great collection, thank you for sharing it with us cheers Just a question, do you understand/read russian too?

No I dont, just the watch terms.....(OK one of these says 'I am a fag' or something in Russian right, probably the one Doc sold me!!!)

Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: the whole Russian NAVY Collection   the whole Russian NAVY Collection Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 1:36 pm

That's a really awesome collection! Wish some of them were in my corral!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com

PostSubject: Re: the whole Russian NAVY Collection   the whole Russian NAVY Collection Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 4:01 pm

maybe a silly question, but can you explain a little bit difference between Vostok Amfibia and Amfibia ministry? Seems that the case is little bit different, but which one is historical/original or are they both? I personally like ministry case more. Do they all have acrylic crystals? After seeing your collection, I went look around in local antique shops and bazaars, but nothing, only some cheap chinese quartz crap...so I, born Soviet citizen, have to buy Soviet watches from US or Germany, damn capitalists! the whole Russian NAVY Collection 744742
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: the whole Russian NAVY Collection   the whole Russian NAVY Collection Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 4:48 pm

The Amphibia means the 200 M case, I think 'ministry' means it has the '3AKA3' on the dial which means 'by order of the Ministry of Defense' (special order) these are the service issued watches and are worth more. Other than that I am not sure, both will be 200M WR.

The 'Ministry case' is the more squared off case and seems like a more modern case to me, but I have no idea why it is called this or if it has more history...I will look into it.

I am not an expert in these watches....I just have a bunch!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the whole Russian NAVY Collection   the whole Russian NAVY Collection Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 5:08 pm

thank you for information and your collection is really nice. So another question: From where do you usually buy them? (probably horrible English, but I hope you understood).
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: the whole Russian NAVY Collection   the whole Russian NAVY Collection Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 8:10 pm

Impressive Gary! There are many more Russian watches out there than I thought there were. Your Collection shows a great sampling of a group I was totally oblivious to.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: the whole Russian NAVY Collection   the whole Russian NAVY Collection Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:19 pm

camouflage wrote:
thank you for information and your collection is really nice. So another question: From where do you usually buy them? (probably horrible English, but I hope you understood).

eBay mostly look for ' zenitar ' (real name Victor, from Moscow).....a really awesome dealer. In the states russia2all.com is Craig Hesters web site, he is awesome as well, but usually carries the more upscale Russian and Vostok Europe watches.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the whole Russian NAVY Collection   the whole Russian NAVY Collection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the whole Russian NAVY Collection
Page 1 of 1