The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Dial for LM7

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

New Dial for LM7 Empty
PostSubject: New Dial for LM7   New Dial for LM7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:49 pm

I can't find the original post but I want to change the dial on my LM7. I remember you guys needed to know the size of the dial...

Just emailed Mitch at Ocean 7, here is his response:

Hi Alan,
Thanks for your interest in OCEAN7.
The LM-7 dial is 29mm in diameter, plus or minus a fraction.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Regards,
Mitch

So now, what dials do you suggest?
Generic, as close to Omega Dial as possible, black...

New Dial for LM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dial for LM7   New Dial for LM7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:57 pm

Interesting - MkII has 28mm dials for Swiss watches and 28.5mm dials for Seiko watches but no 29mm dials. Suspect
Back to top Go down

New Dial for LM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dial for LM7   New Dial for LM7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 1:11 pm

odd size and without much of a chapter ring it might take all 29mm! love how they do this, there are some very good dial painters out there! If you cant live with O7 on the dial have it re-painted, then all you have to worry about is the crown and caseback! New Dial for LM7 Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

New Dial for LM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dial for LM7   New Dial for LM7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 12:02 am

Tough question ! I guess it depends if you want to stay true to
that Ploprof dial style. If you do, then maybe go with dark blue
or black. However, if you want to change the look then I guess
there is no limit to what you could do ! What would be cool, if
you did want to move away from the Omega dial style. Would
be to look for a dial that matches that red/orange pusher on
the watch ! New Dial for LM7 Icon_smile Just a thought !

New Dial for LM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dial for LM7   New Dial for LM7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 12:26 am

here's the original post about this.
https://xtrememeantime.forumotion.com/general-watch-discussion-f4/would-you-change-out-the-dial-t3797.htm?highlight=dial+change

the dial feet are not as critical as the size of new dial, that can be the same or a bit smaller and a chapter ring that is the same as your original.
Back to top Go down

New Dial for LM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dial for LM7   New Dial for LM7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 12:28 am

after looking at this again I don't think you have a chapter ring, the dail sits direct to the case.

New Dial for LM7 Generic
Back to top Go down

New Dial for LM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dial for LM7   New Dial for LM7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 12:45 am

I have a couple of spare 28.5mm dials. If you feel daring take out the movement; I'll send you one and you can measure them up, see if they match. Noah or Harold have Ploprof style dials that are 28.5mm.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

New Dial for LM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dial for LM7   New Dial for LM7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 6:44 am

cski wrote:
I have a couple of spare 28.5mm dials. If you feel daring take out the movement; I'll send you one and you can measure them up, see if they match. Noah or Harold have Ploprof style dials that are 28.5mm.

I just may take you up on that...

...1000 meter diver but not like I ever dive.

Hopefully I will close it back up nice...

New Dial for LM7 Empty
PostSubject: LM-7 dial swap   New Dial for LM7 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 9:17 pm

I am looking to put an omega ploprof dial in my LM-7. I found the dial and date wheel. where should I have this done?
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

New Dial for LM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dial for LM7   New Dial for LM7 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 9:43 pm

wrxzzz wrote:
I am looking to put an omega ploprof dial in my LM-7. I found the dial and date wheel. where should I have this done?

FIRST WELCOME TO XMT!

That said, I wouldn't personally...

...then your watch is leaning more toward creating a fake than an "homage" per se...

New Dial for LM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dial for LM7   New Dial for LM7 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 9:57 pm

With the O7 crown and case back it's not going to pass for an omega. I just want it as true to the original as possible without breaking the bank. Not like I'm going to sell it as an Omega or anything. It's just for my personal enjoyment. Any guidance?
Back to top Go down

New Dial for LM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dial for LM7   New Dial for LM7 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 12:26 am

As you can see from this post our leader was going to go with a sterile dial and alot thought it might not be the right thing to do. Putting an omega dial in it would be a huge mistake, leave it the way o7 made it and you will be much more happy and won't have to explain yourself everytime you post it. Would be like putting a rolex dial and handset in a rolex homage, a big no- no in my book! Enjoy 07 for the great watch it is and don't make it somethink it's not!
Back to top Go down

New Dial for LM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dial for LM7   New Dial for LM7 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 7:09 pm

Maybe you guys are right. Who can I have paint and relume my dial. I want a mat navy blue dial and maybe even a vintage finish so it looks aged, Who can do this for me?
Back to top Go down

New Dial for LM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dial for LM7   New Dial for LM7 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 7:45 pm

Noah or Jake, or MCWW...
Back to top Go down

New Dial for LM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dial for LM7   New Dial for LM7 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 7:47 pm

how do I contact these guys? Sorry, I'm new on here.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

New Dial for LM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dial for LM7   New Dial for LM7 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:07 pm

wrxzzz wrote:
how do I contact these guys? Sorry, I'm new on here.

MCWW (Motor City Watch Works) - http://www.motorcitywatchworks.com/index.html

Jake - http://www.dotwatchworks.com/ and http://www.10watches.com/

Noah - http://www.fullerwatch.com/ and http://thetsunamiwatch.blogspot.com/ and http://www.10watches.com/

All 3 are members here, you can shoot them an e-mail or PM...they are all awesome!

There is a sticky in the Mod Forum that gives tons of links for making modifications to watches...check it out! Link --->>> https://xtrememeantime.forumotion.com/parts-mod-links-and-reference-f11/mod-and-parts-resources-t4162.htm

New Dial for LM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dial for LM7   New Dial for LM7 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:48 pm

oh yeah, sorry wrxzzz. Thanks Markie.
Back to top Go down

New Dial for LM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dial for LM7   New Dial for LM7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 9:08 pm

I got a dial for my LM-7 but once the watchsmith got it apart we realised the dial is slightly too small. There is a 0.3 mm concentric gap between the case and the dial. I need a chapter ring. The only problem is, there is an integrated chapter ring in the case. Does anyone know where I can get a chapter ring to lay over the integrated chapter ring? I would probably have to have it custom made but I don't know where to find one.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

New Dial for LM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dial for LM7   New Dial for LM7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 9:25 pm

New Dial for LM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dial for LM7   New Dial for LM7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 8:43 pm

Sorry I haven't been around much, been busy at work. The automakers are pushing to get new cars to the market so we have a lot of CAD work.

I have an LM7 here right now I'm putting a new dial in. The LM7 dial is 28.85mm, there will be a small gap with the new dial I'm using, you can see it in the pic.

Due to the shape of the case chapter ring you will find it impossible to find an available ring to fit. One could be made but after the reverse engineering, CAD work, and small MOQ you are looking at $700 to $1000.

New Dial for LM7 IMG_4756
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

New Dial for LM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dial for LM7   New Dial for LM7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:42 pm

Thanks for the info MCWW!

Cool work but I don't want an Omega dial on my LM7...

...a generic would have been nice though.

New Dial for LM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dial for LM7   New Dial for LM7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:51 pm

The case back and crown are getting sterilized so it will be a cohesive look when complete.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

New Dial for LM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dial for LM7   New Dial for LM7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:55 pm

MCWW wrote:
The case back and crown are getting sterilized so it will be a cohesive look when complete.

Ah, well now that is interesting...

Let us see when you are done!

New Dial for LM7 Empty
PostSubject: LM-7   New Dial for LM7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 12:30 am

Hahah...that's my watch! Can't wait until it's done. Thanks MCWW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Dial for LM7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dial for LM7   New Dial for LM7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Dial for LM7
Page 1 of 1