The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ridinfool strap on the DW!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

ridinfool strap on the DW! Empty
PostSubject: ridinfool strap on the DW!   ridinfool strap on the DW! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:29 pm

thanks to falcon and Trevor for pointing me to these sick custom straps! Gotta say, ridinfool (Brian) is great to deal with; I sent him my wishlist with 5 criteria:

- 22mm paprika colored strap
- black PVD buckle
- black stitching
- shorter size for a slimmer wrist: 75mm X 115mm (most common strap size is 125X80)
- thinner leather around the lugs - the Dragon Wing's lugs sit very close to the case so there's no space between the strap and the case. (did i mention this is still the greatest quartz watch EVER?)
He got back to me within hours and for $35 shipped, this was on the Dragon Wing in less than 2 weeks! 8-)
Strap is a beautiful color, very thick but bendable as something much thinner. Buckle is WIDE with a very defined shape. The black PVD picks up a lot of smudges but has a smooth, not brushed, finish.

enough YAPPIN', here's the photos, right outta the bubble wrap:

BEFORE
(pilot strap was good at first, but just too much going on, it took away from the watch.)
ridinfool strap on the DW! DSC04545
original strap was just flat and lifeless!
ridinfool strap on the DW! DSC03840

AFTER: ridinfool
ridinfool strap on the DW! DSC05313
ridinfool strap on the DW! DSC05310
ridinfool strap on the DW! DSC05309
ridinfool strap on the DW! DSC05308
ridinfool strap on the DW! DSC05302

And it smells like a leather store! I found the perfect fit here, the strap is staying! :-/ 8-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ridinfool strap on the DW!   ridinfool strap on the DW! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:30 pm

OOPS - mods move this to new watch zone if you want!
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: ridinfool strap on the DW!   ridinfool strap on the DW! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:34 pm

OH YEAH.....SWEETNESS!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: ridinfool strap on the DW!   ridinfool strap on the DW! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 12:03 am

Diggin' the new leather!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: ridinfool strap on the DW!   ridinfool strap on the DW! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 1:42 am

This is ONE super strap ! ridinfool strap on the DW! 803574 I like the black stitching against
that strap color. The color on that strap helps show off those
red accents on the Dragon Wing's dial too ! It's definitely a
great looking strap. Very thick and even the buckle is cool ! ridinfool strap on the DW! Icon_cool
Great job picking this one out ! Congratulations and ENJOY !

PostSubject: Re: ridinfool strap on the DW!   ridinfool strap on the DW! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 2:25 am

looks awesome, bryan is so good to work with and he bangs these things out in a hurry! 35 bones for a custom strap just made for you! ridinfool strap on the DW! 933578
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ridinfool strap on the DW!   ridinfool strap on the DW! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:17 am

Man, that is a real nice looking strap! It looks great on your Zodiac too! I can't believe you can get a custom made strap for a mere $35! If you look at other makers, their "custom" straps are crazy expensive. These look to be a great deal!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ridinfool strap on the DW!   ridinfool strap on the DW! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:45 am

Looks great on the new strap!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ridinfool strap on the DW!   ridinfool strap on the DW! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 7:32 am

Those are some beefy straps. Looks great on the DW! Others have said how soft they are. Do you agree?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ridinfool strap on the DW!   ridinfool strap on the DW! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 11:30 am

bodypeersur1 wrote:
Those are some beefy straps. Looks great on the DW! Others have said how soft they are. Do you agree?

totally! The material has a nice sueded feel to it, feels great on the wrist. And it's just as pliable as a thin or rubber strap, wrapped easy around my wrist the first time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ridinfool strap on the DW!   ridinfool strap on the DW! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ridinfool strap on the DW!
Page 1 of 1