The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Watch of Formula 1

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Official Watch of Formula 1 Empty
PostSubject: Official Watch of Formula 1   Official Watch of Formula 1 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:29 pm

Official Watch of Formula 1 Hubf1

PostSubject: Re: Official Watch of Formula 1   Official Watch of Formula 1 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:46 pm

Beautiful!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official Watch of Formula 1   Official Watch of Formula 1 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:56 pm

None for me, thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official Watch of Formula 1   Official Watch of Formula 1 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 7:17 pm

WOW! That's something else. Some of Hublot's designs are beautiful and some are too out there for me. That one I like, but the "stealth look" seems a bit trendy to me.

One of the AD's down here just dropped Omega because they are going big with Hublot, and they'll be exclusive here. The sales lady let me fondle a couple of (cheaper) Big Bangs; they're very cool.

They had a Constellation with the 8500 movement at 40% off as one of their last two Omegas, but it was still way outside my range (more than double the Breitling...)

On a side note, the dealer that handles Ulysse Nardin (and let me try on a Black Sea, S W E E T !!!) is picking up Romain Jerome (Titanic DNA and moon dust watches). I'll never buy one of them, either, but they'll be cool to see. We get a lot of the rich from Monterrey NL Mexico, so we have some pretty good brands available for sale down here, but virtually NO DISCOUNTING, as the luxury watch market is pretty good still.

I guess the definition of a true LUXURY watch might be something so trendy that you KNOW will be out of style fairly soon, as opposed to a timeless Patek, etc. that you know will be treasured for generations. Kind of a "conspicuous-consumption" thing...

It'd be fun to sport that Hublot or the Black Ocean while they were still fashionable, though...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official Watch of Formula 1   Official Watch of Formula 1 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 7:22 pm

Speaking of racing; The Audi LMP1 program has new watch sponsor for their attack on the (Rolex sponsored) 24 Hours of Le Mans . Seen just behind front wheel opening.
Official Watch of Formula 1 2-audi-tdi-15
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Official Watch of Formula 1   Official Watch of Formula 1 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 7:51 pm

VERY nice !!!! Official Watch of Formula 1 Icon_biggrin Kind of an industrial feel with this Hublot !
The dial looks like it has some interesting decoration in the
metal itself. It also seems really deep because it looks like
a long way down to those cool markers ! Official Watch of Formula 1 Icon_smile Even the hands
are unique, and have what looks like a brushed finish on them.
A pretty awesome case along with bezel by the way. Those
rings on the ouside of the bezel are a nice touch, as are the
screws and that great looking strap ! Official Watch of Formula 1 803574

PostSubject: Re: Official Watch of Formula 1   Official Watch of Formula 1 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:13 pm

porschefan wrote:
Speaking of racing; The Audi LMP1 program has new watch sponsor for their attack on the (Rolex sponsored) 24 Hours of Le Mans . Seen just behind front wheel opening.
Official Watch of Formula 1 2-audi-tdi-15

notice the placement and size of the decal? that means that tag is only giving a very small amount to the team.The more you pay,the better the size and placement.Ideally the sticker should be placed so its visible to the cameras and whos broadcasting the event.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official Watch of Formula 1   Official Watch of Formula 1 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:21 pm

Yeah, I know, but this is different than NASCAR type sponsorship. They don't take as much, since this is pretty much all Audi's program, the associates, like TAG, most often approach Audi to sponsor something (like some cash, and watches to the team). This car while get more air time than almost any other car at Le Mans. There have been times when the Audi team ran with no sponsors logos, other than with Audi corporate partners, which, btw, are the only other logos on the car. It exists to sell diesel engined road cars. Yes, the race car is diesel powered.
I'm sure TAG is very happy with their placement. They sponsored the winning Peugeots last year, with the same size logo on the rear wing endplates. Also, this not likely being the final livery on the car (it is bare CF), since they are still testing, I'd guess that TAG have made a substantial investment, being on the car already.
And from my past, having decorated a few race cars with sponsors logos, by how much they helped us, that's really not a bad placement.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Official Watch of Formula 1   Official Watch of Formula 1 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:04 am

Formula 1 is going to be pretty cool this year. Schummy is back. No refueling.

Besides that, I sure hope a US team can make it next year.

That watch is sweet, but one only the owners and drivers can afford. BUMMER!
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Official Watch of Formula 1   Official Watch of Formula 1 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:02 am

Nice watch...same price as an F1 car right?

Official Watch of Formula 1 Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official Watch of Formula 1   Official Watch of Formula 1 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 6:50 pm

Hey, wait a minute. I thought Jacques Lemans was the official watch of the F1!! Hublot's don't do much for me, especially ones that are see thru.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Watch of Formula 1   Official Watch of Formula 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Watch of Formula 1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: