The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The planet ocean is home.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

The planet ocean is home. Empty
PostSubject: The planet ocean is home.   The planet ocean is home. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 11:09 am

well, after 3 trips to omegas service centers,It finally arrived on friday.I waiting on posting until I had a chance to test its functions and wear it.
When I 1st got this one,I was amazed at how smooth the crown wound.Compared to all of my other watches,the po was the smoothest.
So when this was sent back twice and the crown and winding system ground and skipped,I was pretty pissed. The la center replaced the bezel and crystal,refinished the case and replaced almost every part in the movement.Now when winding it,you can't hear or feel it wind.pretty weird, but its back better than when it was new.I guess omega finally got around to fixing the issues with this movment.While it doesn't get much press on the forums,the 2500 movement has had some issues with the winding system.Enough that omega will warranty it even when out of warranty.Thats pretty good for omega to do this.So I have 2 years of warranty on the repair.Since thats the only issue with the movement, I'm good to go. heres the photos from the NJ center. one from each visit.
The planet ocean is home. 723587_2
The planet ocean is home. Omega1a

Heres what pisses me off so much about this.I've sent older omegas to Bienne to be serviced and brought up to new condition.The bienne center has always done the very best.Swiss watchmakers.But send a watch to a usa center and you get crap like this.Apparently the swiss do much better work and take pride in what they do.To bad that same pride isn't in the usa service centers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The planet ocean is home.   The planet ocean is home. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 12:28 pm

Seems like some of the younger Swiss getting into the field would take jobs in the US with omega! Shame our watch schools arent pulling out top notch students! It's in their blood over there, you're talking generation after generation in the same business!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The planet ocean is home.   The planet ocean is home. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 12:28 pm

Sean,

Glad its back and better than new. I've read nothing but praise for the Bienne overhauls, just as you said. There was one MkII that the fellow posted about with before and after detailed macros - AMAZING work and it cost something like 400 euros or some such. Sounds like a lot until you see photos like those.

Enjoy your renewed PO.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: The planet ocean is home.   The planet ocean is home. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 1:03 pm

Glad you got it back and it's right now!

Nothing more frustrating than sending a watch off and have it come back in WORSE condition, inexcusable in the CS arena if you ask me...

SO now let's see some new KILLER pics of that bad boy!

PostSubject: Re: The planet ocean is home.   The planet ocean is home. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:16 pm

cali kid wrote:
Seems like some of the younger Swiss getting into the field would take jobs in the US with omega! Shame our watch schools arent pulling out top notch students! It's in their blood over there, you're talking generation after generation in the same business!

Agreed. My Tutima Fleiger went in for service, and the guys here can't seem to tell the Germans what part they wanted (lost in translation?), so Tutima Germany said, send everything to us, we'll take care of it. The planet ocean is home. Kopfschuettel

Glad your's is finally back home, yamahaki.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: The planet ocean is home.   The planet ocean is home. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 4:53 pm

That's great Sean - must be the week for getting Omega's back.

Curious if your accuracy is within COSC specs?

My PO Chrono just returned from service, but I find it slow by ~18-20sec/24hr.
The slow start issue seems fixed.

Considering sending it back (or somewhere else) for adjustment.
But want to know if it is actually capable of the "Chronometer" labeled on the dial.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The planet ocean is home.   The planet ocean is home. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 5:48 pm

The timing sheet has it at +4 seconds a day with no slowing in any position which I like.Being fast over a week is better than slow.I've got some 2824's here that tend to run on the minus side.Your seamaster chronograph is a cosc movement.It should have been returned within specs.-20 is also out of spec for a base 7750.

I've got a seamaster chrono also.Its well within cosc.its odd that yours is out so far.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: The planet ocean is home.   The planet ocean is home. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 5:54 pm

yamahaki wrote:
The timing sheet has it at +4 seconds a day with no slowing in any position which I like.Being fast over a week is better than slow.I've got some 2824's here that tend to run on the minus side.Your seamaster chronograph is a cosc movement.It should have been returned within specs.-20 is also out of spec for a base 7750.

Thanks Sean,

Looks like I may have to bite the bullet and pay the $500 for the Authorized Service in Seattle.
Hoping they will do EVERYTHING in the Official "Make Good on all Co-Ax" Omega memo.
Instead of sending it back to the Gray Amazon Service center in Kentucky.

BTW: This would bring my PO total to ~$3600 still better than brick/mortar AD
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: The planet ocean is home.   The planet ocean is home. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 6:33 pm

That's good to hear Sean ! It's safe and sound now, and working the
way it is supposed to ! The planet ocean is home. Icon_smile It's too bad you had to go through so many
hurdles at first. Thankfully things finally worked out though ! Enjoy !!!

PostSubject: Re: The planet ocean is home.   The planet ocean is home. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 7:27 pm

The planet ocean is home. Omegapodone
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: The planet ocean is home.   The planet ocean is home. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 7:29 pm

Good News, Sean!! Glad it's back and all seems well The planet ocean is home. 803574 .

The planet ocean is home. Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The planet ocean is home.   The planet ocean is home. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 11:29 pm

great to see you got it back and all is in order on the Omega, thats a great looking watch!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The planet ocean is home.   The planet ocean is home. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:24 am

yamahaki wrote:
The planet ocean is home. Omegapodone

it's ok, reminds me of an invicta! The planet ocean is home. 500253 The planet ocean is home. 744742 The planet ocean is home. 744742 The planet ocean is home. 744742 badass watch brother!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The planet ocean is home.   The planet ocean is home. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 1:24 am

I'm glad you finally got it back. I know you were (understandably) EXTREMELY frustrated. On a smaller scale, I'm still waiting for ORIS USA on the lug screw... I checked with my jeweler a week ago and they still haven't charged his CC for the part... I guess they are waiting for enough items to make the order "worth their while"...

The ownership experience of a great watch can really be frustrated with crummy service from the US distributor...

Enjoy the PO! When I was shopping the last few weeks and checking out Breitlings and Omegas, I was very impressed with the 45.5mm PO. I would love to add one to my little collection.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The planet ocean is home.   The planet ocean is home. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 5:43 am

I've owned a planet ocean since they were 1st introduced.this po was sold about two weeks after the photo.it was in 2007 I think in NC coming back from a friends wedding.
The planet ocean is home. DSC04602

I've owned omega since 1982.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The planet ocean is home.   The planet ocean is home. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:03 am

Glad it's back. Not sure I'd be too happy spending that kinda scratch on a watch that required 3 trips for repairs. Doesn't make me wanna run out and buy an Omega PO.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: The planet ocean is home.   The planet ocean is home. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:46 am

Great wrist shot!

Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: The planet ocean is home.   The planet ocean is home. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:24 am

Great News Sean...Must feel great to have that bad boy on your wrist again...also great shots brutha..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The planet ocean is home.   The planet ocean is home. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 1:46 am

bodypeersur1 wrote:
Glad it's back. Not sure I'd be too happy spending that kinda scratch on a watch that required 3 trips for repairs. Doesn't make me wanna run out and buy an Omega PO.

its not the watch,its the people working on them. think breitling is any better when getting serviced? nope, same crap,different company
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The planet ocean is home.   The planet ocean is home. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 11:12 am

yamahaki wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:

its not the watch,its the people working on them. think breitling is any better when getting serviced? nope, same crap,different company

Don't get me wrong, I would love to own a Omega. I'm just wondering why it would require going back 3 times. I've never had to deal with Breitling at this point so I can't answer that. I have dealt with the wonderful Invicta and it took me over 6 weeks to get my watch back and it looked worse than it did when I sent it to them. You'd think they could have at least wiped it down before returning it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The planet ocean is home.   The planet ocean is home. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The planet ocean is home.
Page 1 of 1