The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT Empty
PostSubject: NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT   NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:23 pm

Not sure if anyone seen this version...Really cool also...
NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT NWFSTEALTH
Here's a rough 2D rendering sneak peek of the forthcoming "Stealth AutoPilot." Keep in mind that the real thing will look way better than this rendering. All black casing and bracelet, dark grey dial, and black SuperLuminova hands & hour markers.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT   NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:40 pm

Yowza ! NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT Icon_eek NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT Icon_biggrin What a SUPER SINISTER Auto Pilot ! NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT 803574
I hadn't seen this rendering, so thank you ! The dark
finish looks SO good on this watch. I think it actually
helps show off the details of the watch even more.
The peaks and valleys of the case, the crown area,
and the bracelet, look AWESOME imho ! NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT 46145 There
is even Black Superluminova ! NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT Alien WOW !!!

PostSubject: Re: NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT   NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:28 pm

Everyone is making the stealth or combat versions of thier watches and I guess they do look pretty cool but just not functional for me because I can't see as it is. The only time I could use the watch would be a night with the super lume burning!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT   NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:31 pm

Black SuperLuminova??? Am I missing something here? NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT Icon_scratch I don't have any experience with these stealth watches but how do you get black to glow in the freakin dark?
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT   NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 8:48 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
Black SuperLuminova??? Am I missing something here? NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT Icon_scratch I don't have any experience with these stealth watches but how do you get black to glow in the freakin dark?

Duff, I'm not 100% sure about the Black Super Luminova. I think it just looks like a charcoal
color when not glowing. However, when it glows, it glows in a color. For example a green or
blue. NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT Icon_smile Here is a link to a Lum-Tec black lume, that might be similar to how the black Super
Luminova glows..http://www.wiegandwatches.net/parts-luminous/lum-tec-gxbk1-lume-2-grams.html

PostSubject: Re: NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT   NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:17 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
but how do you get black to glow in the freakin dark?

...magic...

That one looks like this one, (homage?)

NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT JFCcvlVQ3lQ0qBi
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT   NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:35 am

While I really like the looks of this one, I probably would never buy one because I would have a tough time reading it. It does look good to me though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT   NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:06 am

porschefan wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:
but how do you get black to glow in the freakin dark?

...magic...

That one looks like this one, (homage?)

NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT JFCcvlVQ3lQ0qBi

George said way back when the AP was originally in the works that it was a homage to the B&R.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT   NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 11:43 am

Hi Guys! How goes it here on XMT? Duff, when you are coming to CT for a visit, brutha?!!!

Yesterday I sent Alan the info and the rough 2D renderings of our forthcoming new AutoPilots (2 new ones that will go into the main-line, and 2 Limited Editions to commemorate the race car that NFW sponsors with iW magazine).

Anyway, regarding the black SuperLuminova, yes it does glow sort of a whitish green when the lume crystals are activated. It's mixed with a black colored binder/pigment to give it the black color. I studied several variations of it in the dark, along with a the full scale of colors from Tri-Tec (makes of SuperLuminova). The black definitely doesn't glow are brightly as the green, orange, or white - but you do get some glow.

I was resistant to these "stealth" watches for quite a while since they seem sort of impractical, due to minimal contrast between hands & dial, as some of you have mentioned. But we've gotten so many requests for these that I thought I make one. And now that we've finished the renderings I must admit that I'm pretty excited about it... NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT Icon_cool

My AutoPilot design hasn't really been considered an "homage" to the Bell & Ross BR01 series since it really has quite a few substantial differences. The Invicta Corduba that really copies the Bell & Ross would be an homage. But the AutoPilot is most definitely strongly influenced by the B&R, for sure since that's one of my favorite watches.

Have a great day, gentlemen!

All my best,

George
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT   NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 11:49 am

Thanks for stopping by George!

Really looking forward to some LIVE pics of the SKU111 (my name for the watch based on your car number)!

PostSubject: Re: NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT   NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:26 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:

My Hamilton X-wind has black Superluminova on the hands; surprisingly it does glow! I'll try to get a shot of it up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT   NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFW STEALTH AUTO PILOT
Page 1 of 1