The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MTM Special Ops watch....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

MTM Special Ops watch.... Empty
PostSubject: MTM Special Ops watch....   MTM Special Ops watch.... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 9:32 pm

This is an MTM Special Ops Thunder Hawk ( http://www.specialopswatch.com/ ), I got it used from a member over at WUS....not sure why, but I wanted one of these for a while and even ordered a catalog a couple years ago. I thought they were fairly high priced for what you get, so I never popped for a new one. The Thunder Hawk is thier entry model, so the price and specs only go up from here. This must be an older model since the new ones are 330ft WR and this one is 660ft WR. There are also some differences in the bracelet, the newer one has thicker diameter pins. MTM has some awesome customer service on parts but did not know anything about the pin difference so I had to get out the Dewalt and drill some stainless....you will never know unless you took the bracelet apart. These watches have the electromagnetic charger stand, and also have two color LEDs that provide backlighting or external light (yep can be used as a low light flash light in the dark). I have a couple of Dakota watches that are made by the same watch company and offer these same features (and even an SOS signal and a super bright flashlight mode), so the claim on MTM's website that they are the first and only to offer this technology is bogus. The dial is a deep carbon fiber that looks great in person. Mine came with the optional Nylon Band as well. This watch needed a little brushing with a glass pen and still has a bit of wabi, but I like it.......Screw heads for end links are for show, but all the link pins are screws, seems well made. Last few shots show lume, internal lighting and external lighting.

Specs:

THE MTM SPECIAL OPS THUNDER HAWK is the world s first and only electromagnetic rechargeable watch with two LED lighting systems…one for dial illumination and the second for external illumination such as map reading, distress signals, etc. All the models in the Hawk series are powered by a rechargeable lithium ion battery cell making opening the watch case unnecessary and thereby maintaining the 100 Meter water resistance.

INTERNAL LIGHT MODE: Each activation illuminates dial for approximately 5 seconds.

EXTERNAL LIGHT MODE : One of the brightest lights ever offered in a watch. Each activation lasts 20 seconds. The external light mode can be seen up to one mile in the dark and can be used by tactical teams to light up maps or for survival/distress signals, etc.

TO RECHARGE : Simply place the watch on the included electromagnetic induction charger overnight. The Special Ops ThunderHawk will be fully charged without opening the case or changing the battery.

BATTERY : Rechargeable Lithium ION, rated at 10 years.

RECHARGE: Each recharge lasts for approximately one month with an average use of one dial illumination and one external illumination per day.

CHARGING SYSTEM: Electromagnetic Induction, with each watch equipped with overcharge protection and low battery alert.

MOVEMENT: Proprietary Quartz.</FONT>

DIAL: NASA Type Carbon Fiber.

NUMBERS: Luminous.

WATER RESISTANCE:
330 Feet/100 Meters

CASE AND BEZEL: Solid Block 316L Stainless Steel

BAND: Constructed Of Nylon 66, Commonly Used In Tactical Vests. A Unique Property Of This Material, In Addition To Its Strength, Is Its Ability To Shed Water Helping To Prevent Any Potential Discomfort And Mildew.

GLASS: Tempered scratch resistant crystal

CROWN: Locking, Screw Down.

CASE SIZE:
42mm (Without Crown) x 13 mm (Thickness)

WEIGHT: 8 OZ.
WARRANTY: 3 Years
SECURELY SHIPPED IN ITS OWN WATERTIGHT BOX.

MTM Special Ops watch.... 100_8665[/size]

MTM Special Ops watch.... 100_8667

MTM Special Ops watch.... 100_8669

MTM Special Ops watch.... 100_8671

MTM Special Ops watch.... 100_8672

MTM Special Ops watch.... 100_8675

MTM Special Ops watch.... 100_8676

MTM Special Ops watch.... 100_8677

MTM Special Ops watch.... MTM004

MTM Special Ops watch.... 100_8681

MTM Special Ops watch.... MTM008

MTM Special Ops watch.... MTM009

MTM Special Ops watch.... Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors

Last edited by sixtysix on Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MTM Special Ops watch....   MTM Special Ops watch.... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:18 pm

It's a good looking watch, I came close to getting one of their watches last year but waited for a used one that never happened.
Congrats and enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: MTM Special Ops watch....   MTM Special Ops watch.... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:30 pm

SUPER mean MTM Gary !!! MTM Special Ops watch.... Icon_biggrin The idea of a rechargeable watch is
just FANTASTIC by the way ! So are the LED's ! MTM Special Ops watch.... 46145 The watch itself
looks like it's built like a tank. The case has a tough, and unique looking
design imho. The bezel is EXTREMELY cool as well, especially with that
knurling added in ! I think the carbon fiber dial is nicely done also. It
really does look like a deep color. VERY nice ! That's a bracelet you
don't see every day either, and that case-back just ROCKS ! MTM Special Ops watch.... 933578
NICE one sir ! Congratulations and Enjoy !!!

Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: MTM Special Ops watch....   MTM Special Ops watch.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:21 am

Very cool looking watch, very rugged!

Enjoy it!

GREAT pics!

PostSubject: Re: MTM Special Ops watch....   MTM Special Ops watch.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:47 am

Pretty neat watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MTM Special Ops watch....   MTM Special Ops watch.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:56 am

cool watch!
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: MTM Special Ops watch....   MTM Special Ops watch.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:12 am

Thanks guys!! I am really digging it so far, comfortable, just the right weight, great looks....... MTM Special Ops watch.... 203558

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MTM Special Ops watch....   MTM Special Ops watch.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:07 am

I checked into the MTM special ops watched when I first heard of them awhile back. I dig the watches and they are novel with the rechargeability (hey is that a word?). The price put me off though. I did sorta like Ron. I'll wait to buy one used. Still waiting I guess. Cool watch enjoy and congrats.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: MTM Special Ops watch....   MTM Special Ops watch.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:49 am

Dale wrote:
I checked into the MTM special ops watched when I first heard of them awhile back. I dig the watches and they are novel with the rechargeability (hey is that a word?). The price put me off though. I did sorta like Ron. I'll wait to buy one used. Still waiting I guess. Cool watch enjoy and congrats.

It's worth the extra jing just for the sword seconds hand that matches the case-back!!!

But seriously the Dakota REQ watches are made by whoever makes these (charger and watch layout are same exact) charger says Ricoh Elemex corp on bottom (and the one I got with the MTM even says REQ line of watches on bottom!!). Here are a few pictures of the Dakotas ($150 or less), I have. Not as heavy or as nice as the MTM though.

MTM Special Ops watch.... Dakotamiltorch003

MTM Special Ops watch.... Dakotamiltorch008

MTM Special Ops watch.... Dakreq1

MTM Special Ops watch.... Zodanddak001

MTM Special Ops watch.... Dakreq1010

MTM Special Ops watch.... Dakreq1011

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MTM Special Ops watch....   MTM Special Ops watch.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 5:47 pm

Cool watch! Love those useful lights, and the recharge option is GENIUS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MTM Special Ops watch....   MTM Special Ops watch.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MTM Special Ops watch....
Page 1 of 1