The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DOXA fans, something for you

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

DOXA fans, something for you Empty
PostSubject: DOXA fans, something for you   DOXA fans, something for you Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:04 am

Doxa Launches Diving With Legends Book and Watch

From the article:"The Sub 1200T is Doxa’s latest offering, and is a tribute to the Doxa
Sub 300T Conquistador – the first helium release valve (HRV) equipped
dive watch to be offered to the general public back in 1969. The 1200T
is water resistant to 1200 Meters and is equipped with an integrated
helium release valve."

DOXA fans, something for you Doxa_dwl_lg

more: http://www.watchtime.com/2010/03/doxa-launches-diving-with-legends-book-and-watch/
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: DOXA fans, something for you   DOXA fans, something for you Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:29 am

Awesome Tim ! Just Awesome ! DOXA fans, something for you Icon_biggrin Have always liked Doxa !
This watch, and the book that goes along with it, seem VERY
special. There is alot of history behind the watch, and this is
a neat way to pay tribute to the original. The dial is also
a classic, while the bracelet is incredibly nice !..Thanks
for this info sir !!!

PostSubject: Re: DOXA fans, something for you   DOXA fans, something for you Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 3:27 am

The 1200t is an awesome watch and I really like the logo on this one, but Im not sure I want to go advertising for some guy`s book and on top of that having to pay extra for it...
The book is probably great, no offense intented to the author, but personally I think I would go for the regular Pro unless you`re a die hard collector like Red.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DOXA fans, something for you   DOXA fans, something for you Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 7:01 am

Something about Doxa cases just don't do it for me. Like some people feel about the Oris case but that case I like. I really like the dial, hands and bezel on the Doxa.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DOXA fans, something for you   DOXA fans, something for you Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 7:59 am

Saw too much at the WUS Official forum to ever own one.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: DOXA fans, something for you   DOXA fans, something for you Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:33 am

Looks like every other Doxa. So what's new?
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: DOXA fans, something for you   DOXA fans, something for you Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:40 am

PoliMalaka wrote:

DOXA fans, something for you 196544 other than the dive helmet...

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: DOXA fans, something for you   DOXA fans, something for you Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:37 pm

PoliMalaka wrote:
From what I have read, it includes a HRV and the thickness is different (I forget which way -- thicker or thinner)...

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: DOXA fans, something for you   DOXA fans, something for you Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:39 pm

andrema wrote:
PoliMalaka wrote:
From what I have read, it includes a HRV and the thickness is different (I forget which way -- thicker or thinner)...
It will be interesting if they do a reissue of the 750T, since not all cases were used in the original issue...

In addition, it will be interesting to see what this does to the preowned prices of the 1000T. I would imagine that it will drive it down.

PostSubject: Re: DOXA fans, something for you   DOXA fans, something for you Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:50 pm

Especially since they're selling the 1000T new at a "special price."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DOXA fans, something for you   DOXA fans, something for you Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:51 pm

The difference is that the 1200t comes with the integrated helium escape valve and the thicker GMT bracelet. The case is also a bit thicker to make room for the HEV. Water resistance has been improved from 1000m to 1200m DOXA fans, something for you Icon_rolleyes
Other than that they are pretty similar other than some dial options are not avaiable for the 1200t (yet) The 1000t never came as a silver dial like the 1200 offers (Searambler)

DOXA fans, something for you DSC_0035-1

DOXA fans, something for you DSC_0041

DOXA fans, something for you DSC_0054-1
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: DOXA fans, something for you   DOXA fans, something for you Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 1:06 pm

andrema wrote:
andrema wrote:
PoliMalaka wrote:
It will be interesting if they do a reissue of the 750T, since not all cases were used in the original issue...

In addition, it will be interesting to see what this does to the preowned prices of the 1000T. I would imagine that it will drive it down.
Seems awfully pretentious to make and remake watches these watches. Slight changes and nuances don't make a watch more appealing to me.

But I guess the model works for them if they continue to do it. $$MONEY$$ talks p00 p00 walks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DOXA fans, something for you   DOXA fans, something for you Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 1:59 pm

PoliMalaka wrote:
Seems awfully pretentious to make and remake watches these watches. Slight changes and nuances don't make a watch more appealing to me.

But I guess the model works for them if they continue to do it. $$MONEY$$ talks p00 p00 walks.

Is that why the Monaco's for sale?
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: DOXA fans, something for you   DOXA fans, something for you Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 2:01 pm

porschefan wrote:
PoliMalaka wrote:

Is that why the Monaco's for sale?
Nope! The Monaco is for sale because I'd rather have the cash than that particular watch. Really like the watch, but not as much as I'd like a few other things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DOXA fans, something for you   DOXA fans, something for you Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DOXA fans, something for you
Page 1 of 1