The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Confess...

Go down 
+3
Anomaly
jackprime1
andrema
7 posters
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

I Confess... Empty
PostSubject: I Confess...   I Confess... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 6:08 pm

I bought a couple watches lately and here is the latest...a Fortis B-42 Diver. Here are the details:

Model 648.10.158 - FORTIS B-42 DIVER DAY / DATE "Space Watch"

Movement: Automatic ETA 2836-2; day/date indication; sweep seconds; 25 jewels; 28,800 semi-vibrations per hour; Incabloc shock absorber.

Case: 42mm Stainless steel; brushed finish; black unidirectional turning bezel with 60 minute scale; screw-down steel caseback with mineral crystal; sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on both sides; stainless steel crown with FORTIS logo; water-resistant to 200m (20 ATM). With the bezel, the watch measures around 44mm, without the crown. Individually numbered.

Dial: Silver (more white than silver) with blued numbers. Blued triangles at 12 o'clock and by day and date window. Very easy to read and is more subtle and softer than a regular white dial.

Hands: Flieger-style blued skeleton hands with superluminova coated tips. They actually look black, but at certain angles, the blue comes out. Very nice!

Here are some pictures:

I Confess... DSC07296
I Confess... DSC07298
I Confess... DSC07297-1
I Confess... DSC07300
I Confess... DSC07301

So far, I am really pleased with the quality of this watch, the size is perfect and the fit/finish is awesome. It is currently on the OM leather strap, but I may switch it over to a OM rubber strap or SS bracelet down the road. But for now, it is a good casual dive watch!

And to beat Trevor to the punch...yes, I will post some pictures of the Speedmaster Pro that I picked up a few weeks ago. I just haven't had the chance to take them with tax season and all...maybe Monday I Confess... Icon_biggrin

I Confess... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Confess...   I Confess... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 6:14 pm

hey astronaut where is the speedy! Awesome fortis my friend, does the wife know all these killer watches are showing up!! I Confess... 46145 I Confess... 74725 I Confess... 46145
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

I Confess... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Confess...   I Confess... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 6:18 pm

cali kid wrote:
does the wife know all these killer watches are showing up!! I Confess... 46145 I Confess... 74725 I Confess... 46145
Yep...they come out of my slush fund...she has her own demons I Confess... Icon_twisted (if only Dr. Drew did a rehab for expensive shoes and purses)...afterall, fair is fair I Confess... Icon_lol

(BTW - she deserves everything that she gets) I Confess... Icon_biggrin

Last edited by andrema on Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

I Confess... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Confess...   I Confess... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 6:20 pm

Awesome watch Mark...ENjoy brutha..
Back to top Go down

I Confess... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Confess...   I Confess... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 6:24 pm

andrema wrote:
cali kid wrote:
does the wife know all these killer watches are showing up!! I Confess... 46145 I Confess... 74725 I Confess... 46145
Yep...they come out of my slush fund...she has her own demons I Confess... Icon_twisted (if only Dr. Drew did a rehab for expensive shoes and purses ...afterall, fair is fair I Confess... Icon_lol

(BTW - she deserves everything that she gets) I Confess... Icon_biggrin

My wife has never said much about my watches, then the other night i'm putting a 20 dollar hand set on and she wants to know how much they cost!! I Confess... 744742 I Confess... 744742
Back to top Go down

I Confess... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Confess...   I Confess... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 7:29 pm

Fantastic watch Mark! Congratz on a great looking watch!!!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

I Confess... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Confess...   I Confess... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 9:26 pm

Some of the COOLEST hands on a watch I have seen in a long time!

Great looking watch mark!

But yeah dog, we need some MOON pic...

...and not of your big whitey!

I Confess... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Confess...   I Confess... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 9:37 pm

Neat-o.
Back to top Go down

I Confess... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Confess...   I Confess... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 10:20 pm

Very nice watch. Love the clean look!

Congrats.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

I Confess... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Confess...   I Confess... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 10:26 pm

This Fortis has such a NICE design Mark ! I Confess... Icon_biggrin It takes no prisoners
in being a smooth, sporty watch. I like the silver/white dial very
much. Those blued hands, triangles, and markers are really sharp
looking imo. So is the no nonsense case, and bezel. I Confess... 46145 By the
way, that is a beautiful movement in that one as well. What is so
impressive about the watch, is that you know you have a great
deal of quality wrapped around your wrist ! Congratulations and
of course..Enjoy !

I Confess... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Confess...   I Confess... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 10:41 pm

Awesome watch Mark! Great dial, a good lookin movement - it has it all. Enjoy it!
Back to top Go down

I Confess... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Confess...   I Confess... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:35 am

Congratulations! Love my Fortis too. One tip, buy the OEM bracelet from Taiwan or Singapore and save a lot.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

I Confess... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Confess...   I Confess... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:42 am

Docrwm wrote:
Congratulations! Love my Fortis too. One tip, buy the OEM bracelet from Taiwan or Singapore and save a lot.
Do you have a suggested link?

I Confess... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Confess...   I Confess... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:16 am

Now that`s a beauty I Confess... 203558
Congrats, man! Love everything about that watch I Confess... 74725
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

I Confess... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Confess...   I Confess... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 2:28 pm

Congrats!! Solid brand, super looking watch!!

I Confess... Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

I Confess... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Confess...   I Confess... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 2:29 pm

andrema wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
Do you have a suggested link?

Let me dig back through my eBay purchases. My B42 Chrono's Fortis OEM SS Bracelet was like 50% of what the local ADs wanted I Confess... Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

I Confess... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Confess...   I Confess... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 12:06 pm

Dear Mark,
THAT *bleep*ing watch is so damn gorgeous. The white dial and blue hands on the black are...

I Confess... 203558
Back to top Go down

I Confess... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Confess...   I Confess... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 1:59 pm

Docrwm wrote:

Hell Robert, maybe I should buy the bracelet now, just in case I do run across that watch someplace! I Confess... 744742 I believe in being prepared after buying the JSAR! I Confess... Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

I Confess... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Confess...   I Confess... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:42 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

Hell Robert, maybe I should buy the bracelet now, just in case I do run across that watch someplace! I Confess... 744742 I believe in being prepared after buying the JSAR! I Confess... Icon_cheers
Give it a couple months brother...I'm bound to flip it I Confess... Icon_biggrin

I Confess... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Confess...   I Confess... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:49 pm

andrema wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

Give it a couple months brother...I'm bound to flip it I Confess... Icon_biggrin

Oh man, I better start putting away some money! You're turning into quite the flipper there Bro! I want first crack at that when it is FLIPUHFIABLE!
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

I Confess... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Confess...   I Confess... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:05 am

Nice Fortis Mark. I Confess... Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

I Confess... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Confess...   I Confess... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 4:17 am

Nice Fortis!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

I Confess... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Confess...   I Confess... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:24 am

OK, I had this watch for about two weeks now and here are my impressions:

The fit and finish KICK ASS! The watch is running spot on (give or take a few seconds) and it is getting a lot of wrist time compared to my other divers.

If you are looking for a good quality swiss dive watch in the 42mm to 44mm size range, I would absolutely recommend a Fortis B-42!

Last edited by andrema on Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

I Confess... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Confess...   I Confess... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:23 pm

. . . Mark, I totally missed this first time around????!!! Love I Confess... 203558 the dial and blue hands!!!!!

. . . Your'e leaving my territory for expendible fundage though. I'll have to settle for drooling on the keypad for now . . .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I Confess... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Confess...   I Confess... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Confess...
Page 1 of 1