The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Decided to wear my vintage Omega Seamaster dresser....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thianwong
Senior Associate

Decided to wear my vintage Omega Seamaster dresser.... Empty
PostSubject: Decided to wear my vintage Omega Seamaster dresser....   Decided to wear my vintage Omega Seamaster dresser.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 7:58 am

from the late 80s, 2 toned inlaid 14ct gold and sapphire crystal....small at 34mm but OH so comfy! Also wore my new 'power stone' beaded bracelet. The clear crystals have 4 zodiac animals representing the 4 compass directions....
Now I want the Seamaster 200m diver quartz !!! from the same time period!

Decided to wear my vintage Omega Seamaster dresser.... MyOmegawristshotsbeads005
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Decided to wear my vintage Omega Seamaster dresser....   Decided to wear my vintage Omega Seamaster dresser.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 8:49 am

Great looking Omega Thian! It doesn't appear to be 34mm on the wrist. But then maybe you don't have Hulk-O-Maniac wrists such as myself. Either way the the wrist shot is KILLER. Is that also a quartz movement? Oops, never mind, I just read your other post!
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Decided to wear my vintage Omega Seamaster dresser....   Decided to wear my vintage Omega Seamaster dresser.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:11 am

Yeah, Duff, I have watches in auto, quartz and kinetic styles.....each has it pluses for my lifestyle. If I had a bike again, I'd wear my tool watches or tough Seiko divers (6309, 7548, Orient M-force, Casio beater AMW 45mm, Orient diver 1990s 200m 43mm, etc.

But lately I've turned to the midsize vintage ones found used, of course due to limited watch budget! Sad My wrist size can get away with them haha! At heart, I love the diver look and so turned to concentrating on the Seamaster 200m quartz as they are more available for reasonable prices now....everyone wants Autos! haha...so I go counter trend and find the good quartz versions....at least that seems to be my strategy!
I did once want the Marathon SAR but most were too costly at the time....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Decided to wear my vintage Omega Seamaster dresser....   Decided to wear my vintage Omega Seamaster dresser.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 1:04 pm

thianwong wrote:
everyone wants Autos! haha...so I go counter trend and find the good quartz versions....at least that seems to be my strategy! I did once want the Marathon SAR but most were too costly at the time....

Well I prefer autos myself but I jumped on the JSAR because.......well, I WANTED IT!!! LMAO!!! As for the pricing of them, I think they are still very costly but they are definitely a very well built watch.
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Decided to wear my vintage Omega Seamaster dresser....   Decided to wear my vintage Omega Seamaster dresser.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 3:30 am

Here is a vintage 1992 Seamaster quartz set to arrive from Osaka on Tuesday! Won it on the Yahoo auction..
38mm dial.. Very Happy

Decided to wear my vintage Omega Seamaster dresser.... Seamasterosakadialview
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Decided to wear my vintage Omega Seamaster dresser....   Decided to wear my vintage Omega Seamaster dresser.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 3:06 pm

Thian, congratulations on winning that 1992 Seamaster !!!! Decided to wear my vintage Omega Seamaster dresser.... Icon_cheers That is going
to be GREAT having that one along with the late 80's Seamaster you showed
earlier ! Between the unique two-tone, and dial on that first model, and the
super sporty yet classic look of the 92 model..You can't go wrong ! Decided to wear my vintage Omega Seamaster dresser.... Icon_biggrin You
have some EXCELLENT taste in watches by the way ! Congratulations once
again ! Enjoy both of them !!!

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Decided to wear my vintage Omega Seamaster dresser....   Decided to wear my vintage Omega Seamaster dresser.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:18 pm

thanks!...at my age, I seem to be rethinking my collection now...reducing the Japanese side and adding more Omegas, my first real love, besides a 60s Rolex GMT pepsi! hahaha!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Decided to wear my vintage Omega Seamaster dresser....   Decided to wear my vintage Omega Seamaster dresser.... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 5:25 pm

thianwong wrote:
thanks!...at my age, I seem to be rethinking my collection now...reducing the Japanese side and adding more Omegas, my first real love, besides a 60s Rolex GMT pepsi! hahaha!

No problem !..It's cool how watch collecting or collections seem to go through
different cycles. Tastes can change, and that helps make the hobby a little
more interesting too ! Although any of those watches you like there, would
make things more interesting Thian ! Decided to wear my vintage Omega Seamaster dresser.... Icon_smile

PostSubject: Re: Decided to wear my vintage Omega Seamaster dresser....   Decided to wear my vintage Omega Seamaster dresser.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Decided to wear my vintage Omega Seamaster dresser....
Page 1 of 1