The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Omega Gallery by Eric So - Great resource for older Omega Watches

Go down 
AuthorMessage
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Omega Gallery by Eric So - Great resource for older Omega Watches Empty
PostSubject: Omega Gallery by Eric So - Great resource for older Omega Watches   Omega Gallery by Eric So - Great resource for older Omega Watches Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:38 pm

Here is the link - http://www.omega4u.net/omega4u/english/omega_index.html

This is an example of what is there:

Omega Gallery by Eric So - Great resource for older Omega Watches 176004

Introductions :
Dating back a few years ago when I 1st got my hands on this watch, I did not notice that the watch was being collectable. Only until I putted the watch up for sale, a few collectors wrote in and told me that the design of this watch made it being collectable. When I 1st looked at the watch, it appears that the watch has some features similar to "Flightmaster" & "Speedmaster Mark III". The main feature that make this watch outstanding is the Blue Rotating Bezel which is being single directional rotated.

Descriptions :

Omega Stainless Steel Seamaster Automatic (120m~400ft) Diving 2-Reg. 12 Hour Chronograph with Date and Rotating Bezel. Circa 1970s. Signed original blue dial. Luminous hour markings. Stainless Steel case. Signed original screw down crown. Single direction Rotating bezel. Screw back cover. Cal.1040 Automatic movement. Omega Stainless Steel Seamaster Automatic (120m~400ft) Diving 2-Reg. 12 Hour Chronograph with Date and Rotating Bezel. Circa 1970s. Signed original blue dial. Luminous hour markings. Stainless Steel case. Signed original screw down crown. Single direction Rotating bezel. Screw back cover. Cal.1040 Automatic movement.

The Dial :
The dial as shown on the photo on the left has a semi-shinny bright-blue finish and luminous hour markings. 12-Hour Chronograph Reg. at 6:00. Second's & 24 Hour Indicator's dial at 9:00.

The Hands :
Hour & Minute hands are black & white in colors and has luminous marks. The chronograph minute hand has a big orange arrow pointer at the tip.

Omega Gallery by Eric So - Great resource for older Omega Watches Movement

The Movement :
The movement in this watch is the high quality Cal.1040 Automatic movement which came similar to the famous Officially Certified Chronometer type Cal.1041 used on Speedmaster 125 Anniversary Model.

The story was that Omega based the Cal.1041 movement from this Cal.1040 movement and undergone testes which were done officially in order to achieve the name Chronometer. This name 'Chronometer' was only used for Cal.1041, not Cal.1040.

Omega Gallery by Eric So - Great resource for older Omega Watches
Page 1 of 1