The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Long Have You Gone Without Buying?

Go down 
+5
andrema
jaw
PoliMalaka
max
Anomaly
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Empty
PostSubject: How Long Have You Gone Without Buying?   How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 9:43 am

I have money to spend, been looking for over 2 weeks, and haven't found a watch that compels me to "lay the money down..."

My last watch purchase was the Ocean 7 LM7...

How long have you gone without buying a watch?

PostSubject: Re: How Long Have You Gone Without Buying?   How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:02 am

Since starting on this WIS thing, nearly a year.
Back to top Go down
max
Associate
max

PostSubject: Re: How Long Have You Gone Without Buying?   How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:03 am

Last December to March of this year and then I only bought a duplicate of a watch that I had had.

Almost had a TAG yesterday but the seller dropped out after the deal was made. How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Gripe

I too have some cash but see nothing I can afford that I desire. Now ones I cant afford, that is a different story.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Long Have You Gone Without Buying?   How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:08 am

Docrwm wrote:
Since starting on this WIS thing, nearly a year.

How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? 196544
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: How Long Have You Gone Without Buying?   How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:51 pm

I've gone almost a year but can't say exactly.

Right now I'm at 4.5 months.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: How Long Have You Gone Without Buying?   How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 12:57 pm

Not very long at all.

Although the numbers purchased in a given month has diminished since being here.
And I spend quite a bit more time shopping for exactly what I want.
Noticed that If I wait long enough the impulse to buy does go away.

Still buy way too many cause there are so many I still want.
Have always been an emotional impulsive buyer (and eater) - all bad. Sad
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: How Long Have You Gone Without Buying?   How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:01 pm

jaw wrote:
that's the way to go!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Long Have You Gone Without Buying?   How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:08 pm

Cant member the last watch i bought, spent on plenty on parts (dials, hands and movements) but not sure about a watch! How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Long Have You Gone Without Buying?   How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:14 pm

cali kid wrote:
Cant member the last watch i bought, spent on plenty on parts (dials, hands and movements) but not sure about a watch! How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Icon_scratch

I've found that buying bracelets, strap, parts, or associated materials can lessen the intensity of the hunger but not completely sate it.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: How Long Have You Gone Without Buying?   How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:48 pm

Docrwm wrote:

I've found that buying bracelets, strap, parts, or associated materials can lessen the intensity of the hunger but not completely sate it.

So true.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: How Long Have You Gone Without Buying?   How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm

It's been about two weeks and I have the itch again... How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Icon_eek

Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: How Long Have You Gone Without Buying?   How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 2:09 pm

andrema wrote:
It's been about two weeks and I have the itch again... How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Icon_eek
Drunk. I knew it!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: How Long Have You Gone Without Buying?   How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 2:37 pm

Going to say around three months ! Which is where I'm at right now ! How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Affraid How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Alien

Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: How Long Have You Gone Without Buying?   How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 8:55 pm

Have'nt bought one since December 15th. The streak will likely end by next week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Long Have You Gone Without Buying?   How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 11:23 pm

3 months.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: How Long Have You Gone Without Buying?   How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 11:48 pm

2-3 months. I seem to be much tighter on the money I spend and it isn't without selling something first. BEFORE, I would just buy, buy, buy, etc., etc., etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Long Have You Gone Without Buying?   How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:55 am

About a year taking away the occasional modding goodies or the too-good-a-price-to-pass-on vintage.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: How Long Have You Gone Without Buying?   How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 11:03 am

I dont buy one unless I sell one now...

...have sold four in last month, bought NOTHING to replace them yet.

AM I CURED????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: How Long Have You Gone Without Buying?   How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 11:24 am

The illness has a remission phase.........usually around 4mos or so. You shall have symptoms again beginning the 5th month. All will be fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Long Have You Gone Without Buying?   How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 12:36 pm

jaw wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

So true.

Yep. I have a mesh coming to try on a watch that I've just grown tired of, simply because of the strap.
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: How Long Have You Gone Without Buying?   How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 12:37 pm

I concur with the Jaw!
jaw wrote:
Not very long at all.

Although the numbers purchased in a given month has diminished since being here.
And I spend quite a bit more time shopping for exactly what I want.

Still buy way too many cause there are so many I still want.
Have always been an emotional impulsive buyer (and eater) - all bad. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Long Have You Gone Without Buying?   How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:48 pm

Going on about 8 or 9 months now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Long Have You Gone Without Buying?   How Long Have You Gone Without Buying? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Long Have You Gone Without Buying?
Page 1 of 1