The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spyker to launch watch line.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Spyker to launch watch line. Empty
PostSubject: Spyker to launch watch line.   Spyker to launch watch line. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 7:06 pm

Spyker to launch watch line. Spykerwatchcroppedluxweb

A teaser until June. High price to match their cars. I like the machine-turned dial.

http://www.luxist.com/2010/04/18/spyker-watch-collection-by-expressions-dartistes-international/

In case you're not familiar with Spyker automobiles.

http://www.spykercars.nl/?pag=8

Last edited by porschefan on Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Spyker to launch watch line.   Spyker to launch watch line. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 7:22 pm

Just became familiar them - I'm a proud Saab 9-5 Aero owner.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Spyker to launch watch line.   Spyker to launch watch line. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 9:44 pm

Looks like that's going to be a VERY interesting watch line Tim !
Especially if the rest of the watches look anything like this one you
are showing. Spyker to launch watch line. Icon_cyclops I like the decoration on the dial of this one, plus there
seem to be some unique rings or something, going over the chapter
ring in areas. Those hands are neat as well, and how about that
crown ?! Nice find Tim ! Thanks for the links also !

PostSubject: Re: Spyker to launch watch line.   Spyker to launch watch line. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 9:47 pm

Spyker to launch watch line. Aileron_Interior_2
Spyker to launch watch line. Aileron_Dashboard_detail_3

Spyker to launch watch line. Aileron_Dashboard_detail_1

Spyker to launch watch line. Aileron_Dashboard_detail_2

Interior shot from Spyker site. The design of the watch and strap has several similarities.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Spyker to launch watch line.   Spyker to launch watch line. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:05 pm

porschefan wrote:
Spyker to launch watch line. Aileron_Interior_2

Spyker to launch watch line. Aileron_Dashboard_detail_3

Spyker to launch watch line. Aileron_Dashboard_detail_1

Spyker to launch watch line. Aileron_Dashboard_detail_2

Interior shot from Spyker site. The design of the watch and strap has several similarities.

It's a nice idea using those elements in the watch design imho ! Mainly because it looks
good, but also because it's something a bit different also ! Spyker to launch watch line. 803574

Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Spyker to launch watch line.   Spyker to launch watch line. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:29 pm

Not feeling it at all with that car interior. Whats the towel rack in the center console for?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spyker to launch watch line.   Spyker to launch watch line. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:47 pm

merichar wrote:
Not feeling it at all with that car interior. Whats the towel rack in the center console for?

Spyker (as a company) started life as an aircraft manufacturer. Most of their design cues (like the toggle switches on the dash) come from old aircraft. That towel rack is a linkage for the transmission, attached to trans handle, to engage reverse, park, and "D" for paddle shifters.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Spyker to launch watch line.   Spyker to launch watch line. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:14 pm

I googled them afterwards. Their cars look very modern and sleek on the outside but the interior is just funky. I'm a pilot and can appreciate some of the interior styling cues but its just such a contrast to the cars outward design and functionality. A modern high powered exotic sports car with a vintage interior, if you will. Not at all what I expected seeing the initial pictures in the thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spyker to launch watch line.   Spyker to launch watch line. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:16 pm

At least your not lazy, Mark. I supplied the link, and you do your own google. I like that. Spyker to launch watch line. Icon_cool Spyker to launch watch line. Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spyker to launch watch line.   Spyker to launch watch line. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spyker to launch watch line.
Page 1 of 1